Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

A Rare Happy Moment

nuune   

Alxamdulillaahi, the millions that picture generated lama haayo!

Ps: The recent famine was a man made tragedy, thanks to International Community, International agencies, International Media, all combined made this tragedy for their own greedy interests, 2 weeks of publicized famine worldwide, then blackout comes after the intended donation were received, thank you for nothing.

Alderman   

International Community, International agencies, International Media

Did I read that right? So families with high fertility rates are not too blame? Religion is not too blame? Somalis who are currently fighting each other because of tribalism are not too blame?

Malika   

nuune, answer the question. Alderman asked a legit question - baal educate us on how it is everyone else's is to be blamed?

nuune   

Malika;758174 wrote:
nuune, answer the question. Alderman asked a legit question - baal educate us on how it is everyone else's is to be blamed?

Haye huuno, laakin macalin ma ihi ogoow. I was just dismissing Alderman's comment as it wasn't a series and honest one, first he put religion there as the cause to blame, never we heard such things unless he is mistaking fanatics such as Alshabaab and others, but not a religion war, and also where he said tribal fighting, no such thing can cause famine, we are not in 1992 where Baydhabo witnessed horrific tragedy as a result of clan fighting together with failed rains etc, I have never heard of higher fertility that causes famine or to be blamed, not in Somalia or the Somalia I know, so what is there to reply or answer to adaan ku weydiiyee!

Yes, Somalia is a failed state, meaning there is no government at all, and the recent famine is partly caused by Somali politician gangs who are affiliated to the 3 international gangs.

Just to say very little of the 3 Internationals I mentioned earlier:

International Community, International agencies, International Media, the first one is indeed politics under the cover of Western countries, second being UN and other so called relief agencies who always smile about our tragedy, third one being Western Media, the three combined can cause not only a famine, but human annihilation.

International community is why Somalia will never have a functioning government, puppet governments of one after the other is being created and formed abroad in order to keep the current status of Somalia intact, International agencies destroyed the basic structure of Somalia's livelihood, one example being that smaller farmers were made to depend on US grain rather depending on theirs, so basically they were told, don't worry, maxaa u rafaadeysaan, here is a free one or a donated one, or rather cheap one, the average Somali will neglect his farm and take the easy way of not farming, and as a consequence, the farmer is being made to depend on that from time to time until the US withhelds its grain, the farmers in Bay & Bakool, or in the Shabbeele is being told that grain, and every food is available at the border in Dadaab, word of mouth spread, Radios doing their jobs, local agencies pushing people to travel as they don't have a choice, and they will have to go there, they made the journeys in their hundreds and thousands, some Western Media even made the journey of the road with the displaced people in order to get a good shot of children and women dying in action, such videos are available on Youtube or elsewhere, and the rest is history.

Just to go back to the farmers, they used to have droughts after droughts for so many years and decades, and this was normal for them because they had their grains in storage, in Somali, it is called Bakkaar, meaning every crop that is being harvested is being put into storage, Bakkaarta can long last any drought of any kind, no more bakkaar, and they withheld that little US grain as an excuse that Shabaab refused to allow Aid Agencies, even when some random farmer refuses to take the US grain and does hard job in farming, when he harvests his crop and tries to use some for food and the rest to sell in order to buy life's necessities, he comes to the market and find his crop worthless because there is a cheaper one already there, the US grain, so this same farmer asoo xanaaqsan uu soo noqonaa didn't buy milk or sugar, and wuxuu ku dhaaranaa in uusan waligiis beer danbe falaneyn, xanaaq dartiis, wuxuu ku soo rafaadey waa nothing, this will be his last time in the farm, this is what happened to every farmer, they gave up farming altogether as a result of International Agencies with their other two internationals.

BBC did good job on 6th of July saying Somalia Islamists lift aid ban to help drought victims (BBC LINK), and then on 22 July telling the world that Somali Islamists maintain aid ban(BBC LINK), how can Alshabaab maintain a ban that they lifted just 2 weeks ago, of course, it is BBC, and the big boss dictated that the story needs to be changed in order to have more people fleeing from Alshabaab held territories, that was success, and the influx of people feeling has increased from that moment the story appeared, it was broadcasted on VOA, BBC Somali, and Radio Muqdisho did the broadcast as well to tell people to run and run .....

International Media, I think no need to go into details about it as it is very clear f their objectives and end results, they acted on behalf of International Agencies with the help of International Communities, their brethren.

I am not in any way putting all the blame on those so called internationals, they have being the factor, and we have being used and abused, how can we salvage ourselves, ban every so called internationals from Somalia(I don't think the international community will allow that to happen), because their International agencies will have nothing to do and thousands of its workers will be laid off creating massive unemployments, and what else do we need to do if we can ban the internationals, let every farmer, and our people go back to their farming habits, their Bakkaar ways of preventing droughts in case the rain fails to arrive.

The food aid is causing Somalia big problem, as long food distribution centers exist, we will have such famines every year, and the big boys will benefit from us, as they did recently, that food aid destroyed our national food agriculture, once being the bread-basket of all Somalis, not anymore.

Saddex bey naagtu igu lagadey:

1- Kabaha oo saan ahaa

2- Dhulka oo sibidh ahaa

3- iyo naagta oo sinsaariyada(qonofka) aad u taqiiney

omar12   

MashAllah, its nice to see good news for a change.

nuune, i just have about 3 things i don't agree with you on. I agree that foreign aid can have unintended intended consequences like dependency, but done in the right way it can be a good complement to developmental and help many people.

Somali will neglect his farm and take the easy way of not farming, and as a consequence, the farmer is being made to depend on that from time to time until the US withhelds its grain

1. this is one of those negative consequences(dependency), but is it really the aid's fault? shouldn't the farmer take responsibility for himself and only use the aid as a complement and not as a substitute for farming. I really don't think dependency is forced on people i think its a choice.

BBC did good job on 6th of July saying Somalia Islamists lift aid ban to help drought victims (BBC LINK), and then on 22 July telling the world that Somali Islamists maintain aid ban(BBC LINK), how can Alshabaab maintain a ban that they lifted just 2 weeks ago, of course

2. They simple reversed course when they saw how they were losing grip on the people, everybody knows anyway that if youar a western aid agency you'll have a hard time in Al shabab territory.

and the big boys will benefit from us, as they did recently, that food aid destroyed our national food agriculture, once being the bread-basket of all Somalis, not anymore..

3. The US is the largest doner for famine reflief with more than 500 mill, thats more than all Muslim countries combined. Okay so maybe a photographer gets paid to take pictures and sends them back, and then perhaps there are the NGOs that get funding from goverments. But then those NGOs also outsource to local somalis and that creates jobs. The photographer shows the pliate of the people and that may help to donate which may help to save a life.Who are the big boys and how does anyone ever benefit from a famine?

ps

International Community, International agencies, International Media, the first one is indeed politics under the cover of Western countries, second being UN and other so called relief agencies who always smile about our tragedy, third one being Western Media, the three combined can cause not only a famine, but human annihilation.

Come one man conspiracy theories wont get you anywhere. Human annihalation are you serous :confused:?

Abwaan   

Waa Ilaah mahadiis haddii uu ka soo kabsaday dhibaatadii abaarta, carruurta Soomaaliyeed ee sidiisoo kale ay arrintani saamaysayna waxaan Ilaah uga baryayaa inuu ka saaro dhibka mustaqbal wanaagsanna u iftiimiyo.