Sign in to follow this  
Bluelicious

Important Life Lessons

Throughout life we all learn some important valuable life lessons either through making mistakes, going through trials, hardships and illnesses. Those experiences in our past shapes our life and character and makes us the person we are today. I will start and mention my top 4 life lessons.

1. Don't fear the unknown. Don't be afraid to try new things and grab opportunities.

2. Nothing can hold you back in life except yourself your the biggest obstacle in your life.

3. Be grateful for the things you got in your life good and bad. Good things come to those who are greateful and patient.

4. Don't procastinate. Do things as soon as possible when you can that safes you from things getting complicated.

What are your top 3 life lessons? It's also possible to list more then 3 the choice is up to you.

Cara.   

1. Tilaabadaada gaabi hadaad gabartahay. Or at least my older sister insisted it was an important lesson :D

2. Let's face it, you WILL procrastinate. But procrastinate effectively. I have a big deadline approaching, so instead today I vacuumed, called my mother, and finally replaced the radio on my car.

3. Throw milk away 10 days after opening it, even if it doesn't smell bad and hasn't reached its expiration date. Trust me on this.

Cara using milk for 10 days ah? You should use it up to 3 days after that the milk aint good anymore and changes that's when you can get sick or get a upset stomach.

Knight looool wouldn't you love that lesson. Why don't you share your valuable life lessons with us.

Cara, I am all agog. What happens to milk after 10 days (assuming it is refrigerated)?

Bluelicious. Fantastic life lessons. If taken to heart and lived by. I can never quite manage to integrate 1,2 and 4 into my brain though.

My life lesson: Everything ends. It doesn't matter what you are going through, good or bad, it will pass soon enough. Since I learned this lesson, the weight on my shoulders got a lot lighter and I got a lot happier.

Valenteenah.;756454 wrote:
Bluelicious. Fantastic life lessons. If taken to heart and lived by. I can never quite manage to integrate 1,2 and 4 into my brain though.

My life lesson: Everything ends. It doesn't matter what you are going through, good or bad, it will pass soon enough. Since I learned this lesson, the weight on my shoulders got a lot lighter and I got a lot happier.

Try doing it for 3 weeks because it takes 3 weeks to develop a habit and after that it's gonna get easier the start is always the hardest thing to do. That's a good lesson too that many folks forget because it's so easy to get caught up in the moment.

Aaliyyah   

I am kinda on the same boat as Val..my favourite maahmaah aduun wa labo galin. So no need to stress over anything. I mean clearly DO YOUR BEST, but that is all you can do!!

salaam

Malika   

I have learned never to compare my life to someone else's - learned that we are all on our individual journeys through life. So why live under the shadow of someone else's life, when you can live your own.

I have learned that earning an honest living is fulfilling.

Learned to acknowledge others in their hour of need - a big lesson from my mother.

I agree with your first point it doesn't make sense to live under someone else's shadow it would only mean your insecure and not confident enough to follow your own path and leave behind your trail. You would also never make any progression.

Malika   

^I don't know if those that do are either are lacking confidence or have insecurities [there could be other explaination, like programmed/conditioned etc] - all I know is by living ones life without comparing to others, means one has accepted ones weakness, strength, trials, triumphs without ever having to assume other have it easy or hard - to me it means accepting and embracing one-self..

A_Khadar   

Cara.;756382 wrote:
3. Throw milk away 10 days after opening it, even if it doesn't smell bad and hasn't reached its expiration date. Trust me on this.

I heard different suggestion than this.. Keep it and drink it as long it doesn't smell bad..

Same idea i heard about medicine which meds can be used even after they expire for another 6 or more months..