Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Turkey Builds Schools In Somali Capital

xiinfaniin;755250 wrote:
^^Well pointing out why you are not welcoming Turkey's involvement and belittling her efforts to build schools is not akin to being livid, Mintid! It is that I know you very well on these boards that gives me the advantage to expose and assign motives to the nonsense you espouse here.

Turkey did a great job. And we think her influence will only grow, not diminish as you seem to wish.

Saaxiib (and I use that term generously),

This Kismayo thing has really gotten underneath your skin. You weren't this emotional in our past discussions of years past. The point is not about Turkey's rise or potential rise, but rather it's ability to influence events in the Horn. I'm telling you - currently Turkey is not there yet. It doesn't have the strategic depth to reach this far. Turkey (to channel their leadership's philosophy) would've probably sided with you in opposing the Kenyan invasion of a dysfunctional Muslim nation(Somalia) just like it initially opposed the NATO campaign in Libya. But just like in Libya, which is of even more geopolitical importance and proximity for Turkey than Somalia, its opposition is irrelevant. Turkey initially rejected the NATO war in Libya and was finally forced to change its position and come on board the NTC bandwagon. Alas, it was too late and the seats had already been filled by the French, British, Americans, and Qataris. (I digress here to illustrate a point, excuse me)

Rhetoric is great and sells newspapers but in the end, Turkey will not be one of the main players in the Horn of Africa. Turkish finished products in the Bakara Market, though - that's a different story!

^^It is you who is talking about emotions and stuff. Tells me that the fact I exposed your separatist tendency (which naturally holds anything bad in Somalia is good for Somaliland and anything good hurts the recognition project) threw you out of balance in a big way.

We are talking about Turkey building schools in Somalia. We are talking about scholarships, infrastructure initiatives i.e. paved road between the airport and presidential palace, 400-hundred bed hospital and other development projects that are underway. And you are talking about geopolitics, and hypothetical match up between Turkey and interested nations in Somalia. Who is injecting emotions into the topic then. Look at the kudos coming from other nomads and look at your posts, Mintid. You stand out in a big, negative way.

Turkey already is on my side (and your side if you use your brain). It is helping. It is real.

Waar Xiiinnow, relax and stop seeing enemies in the shadows. Somaliland is not even in the equation of the recent events down South. Reminds me of that Somali saying - 'Wixii xunba Xaawa...'. You get the drift, yaa Abwaan from Juba.

This Jubba/Kismayo thing has got you really irrational. But my point is stop waiting for foreign Messiahs and learn to stand up on your own. In that way, you're no different than the opposing camp supporting the Azania project. Neither Turkey nor Kenya nor 'latest foreign interloper' has the solution. Only you, kin, and country do!

^^Trying to be reasonable , eh! Awoowe allow me to point out the fact that your Somaliland (I do it agian :D ) project is contingent upon foreign promises and signals for false hopes that it will one day succeed. You defend that nonsense day in and day out, and you come here preaching for reason and rationality.

Somalia welcomes Turkey's help. Hopefully Turkey's commitment is beyond famine relief as it seems to be.

xiinfaniin;755275 wrote:
^^Trying to be reasonable , eh! Awoowe allow me to point out the fact that your Somaliland (I do it agian
:D
) project is contingent upon foreign promises and signals for false hopes that it will one day succeed. You defend that nonsense day in and day out, and you come here preaching for reason and rationality.

Somalia welcomes Turkey's help. Hopefully Turkey's commitment is beyond famine relief as it seems to be.

Wallee, macawistii waad tuurtey maanta!

Thankful   

Does any see what I am talking about? The thing that makes secessionsts the most concerned and even angry is hearing about development and positive news. Mintid Farayar rarely posts, but once it's something positive that will benefit people of Somalia, he has so much to say by way of bashing Turkey.

Secessionists base their whole agenda on claiming Somalia is lawless, thus news likes this doesn't help them.

Thankful;755283 wrote:
Does any see what I am talking about? The thing that makes secessionsts the most concerned and even angry is hearing about development and positive news. Mintid Farayar rarely posts, but once it's something positive that will benefit people of Somalia, he has so much to say by way of bashing Turkey.

Secessionists base their whole agenda on claiming Somalia is lawless, thus news likes this doesn't help them.

Well said! It is so true.

I dont understand. I think its a reasonable assertion that Turkey cannot have major influence over the political direction in Somalia, but how does that equate to their role being useless? There are clear and tangible results here from how Somalia is benefiting from the Turkish engagmenet in a development sense. Don't get why you are trying so hard to discredit this angle by pointing out the limits to their sway.

Unless I'm lost I haven't seen anyone suggest that they will change the direction of conflict. Just that there have been positives associated with their intervention. Are you questioning this as well? Also I think its you who is dreaming here and needs some sense of political economy when you mention Somalia as a potential market for Turkish finished goods lol. Surely you realize, at this stage of the game, there are barely any tangible benefits to be gained from Somali consumers. If that was the case the Chinese would have engaged a long time ago.

What is very much more likely the Turkish motivation is there willingness to increase their regional prestige in the image of a benevolent power of sorts. This kind of reputation can reap itself benefits in places all across the Muslim world, outside of Somalia. It also has political benefits at home, in which its engagement has been very popular with a good number of its population. Regardless Somalia and Somalis have clearly gained from its interest. If both parties can mutually benefit what is there to discredit? Especially in the face of much more harmful engagements?

Ma anaa waalan mise Cadan baa laga heesayaa? Xiin, how quickly you forget your implication just a few days ago that Sharif was standing firm on his opposition to the Kenyan invasion due to 'consultations' on his recent trip to Turkey. That's why Turkey is an issue. Southern Nomads should learn after 5 decades plus of independence that indigenous solutions are the only panacea for the current misery. Whether it's to form 50 million Azanias or to form a suprastate encompassing the 5 pointed star, it has to be a Somali-thought, Somali-owned, Somali-applied solution.

God bless the Turks. Somali most certainly welcomes the help of the Turks. No wonder they were the super powers of the Muslim World.

They truly understand the definition of Muslim unity.

Abdul   

Mintid Farayar;755316 wrote:
Ma anaa waalan mise Cadan baa laga heesayaa? Xiin, how quickly you forget your implication just a few days ago that Sharif was standing firm on his opposition to the Kenyan invasion due to 'consultations' on his recent trip to Turkey. That's why Turkey is an issue. Southern Nomads should learn after 5 decades plus of independence that indigenous solutions are the only panacea for the current misery. Whether it's to form 50 million Azanias or to form a suprastate encompassing the 5 pointed star, it has to be a Somali-thought, Somali-owned, Somali-applied solution.

All these because Turkey is building a school and helping somalia?

^^ Somali ownership of Somali problems is what's being argued here, in case you're losing the plot. While the building of a school here and there, the passing out of medicine and the holding of small children makes for great photo-ops, it's been done for the last 20 years by countless global leaders, starting with George Bush, Sr.(then the sitting President of the U.S.).

Once the feel good of such imagery quickly fades, the reality sinks in for a nation hemorrhaging its way to a drawn out suicide. In short, stop looking for saviors and realize solutions can be found only through Somali mechanisms with Somali hands. This is the point that others are dancing around in their new found love affair with the Turkish. And given the track record, tomorrow it will be another country!