Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Kenya' s Desires to Demarcate Somalia's ' Exclusive Economic Zone'

And the naivety of some people to think Kenya is eliminating a threat and helping Somalia.

Xiin....Kenya is biting more than it could chew here. Zenawi with his abundant Oromo foot soldiers, Yank bucks and guns, and the necessary legal cover could not implement what his handlers want to do. The man is very shrewd leader and knows what war is. I doubt Kenya which is untested in warfare, ill-equipped and untested leadership will fare any better. The West and donor nations are out of ideas and are just throwing darts hoping one would hit the intended target.

And its internal ethnic strife and likely economic downturn should Kenya proceed with this madness, Kenya will definitely come out a loser. Not that our public will fare any better but it's matter of who loses more.

Che, apparently Kenya's interest are beyond security. Inserting territorial questions into the Road Map (which I completely missed) is quite telling about Western powers intentions about Somalia.

One must give credit to Somalis for refusing to give in on matters concerning their territorial integrity so far. The resolutions passed by the weak parliament is quite impressive really. Before this article, I have not seen any of these activities, wallah!!!!

N.O.R.F;752235 wrote:
Heh

Say more, North. In light of this expose', do you think some of us were justified in their believe that no foreign forces will ever be able to stabilize Somalia.

The alternative is to strengthen Somalia's security capacity. Compared to the millions invested in short time workarounds, helping Somalia's military institution stand up will be rather cheap way to address the Somali question.

^^:D :D :D

Xaaji and the rest of the secessionist crowd could care less about the notion of Somalia's territorial integrity. They will welcome anything that challenges that barrier. But I expect them to be reasonable in what they present as an argument here.

Abtigiis   

Indeed, the single national issue that unites Somalis across factions is the disposition of the country’s territorial waters. The depth of sentiment that it awakens indicates that Somali nationalism is more than a residual phenomenon. A divided and fragmented body, the T.F.P. showed the power of nationalism in its unanimous vote on October 8. The T.F.G.’s cabinet had no choice but to follow suit.

I can't remember when was the last time I remember hearing anything positive about Somalis. But this summary is heart-calming. As to my earlier position on kenyan intrusion, saacadaa laga bilaabo, the bantu/nilotic soldiers with the thick and expansive noses must leave Somalia. "Gafuurada xun ha iskula durkeen, waa d.i.r foolxumo'e".

I never liked Mahiga, and i am vindicated. Xinn baan se war danbe laga dhagaysaneyn.

Somaliyeey Toosoo!

Well on 7 November 1890 Zanzibar became a British protectorate and on 1 july 1895 the sultanate ceded all of its Coastal possessions to British East Africa the Jubbaland territory became part of British East Africa contemporary Kenya

Later Trans-Juba Oltre Giuba was given to the Italian Colonial governor Corrado Zoli and that's how it went now the Kenyans want it back.

I for one never doubted Prof. Abtigiis's nationalist bent. The reason I did not directly engage him yesterday was because the information we had at the time allowed such divergence of opinion as to what the consequence of Keyna's invasion could be.

But in light of this report, he did what is expected of him, which to reject any hint of aggression on Somalia's territorial integrity, water or land.

xiinfaniin;752243 wrote:
^^
:D

Xaaji and the rest of the secessionist crowd could care less about the notion of Somalia's territorial integrity. They will welcome anything that challenges that barrier. But I expect them to be reasonable in what they present as an argument here.

I do care about Somalia's territorial integrity i do not want kenyans to take over Somalia heaven forbid

Jacpher   

^lol@gafuurada xun. Abtigiis, this is bigger than Kissima awoowe. Now you put the country before the tolka ina adeer. You've left Zaky and his prof. out in the cold.

Kenya has come to claim a piece of the pie.