Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Siilaanyo Visits SSC Provincial Capital, Faroole Counters With a Press Statement

Som@li   

I wish it was as nice as you guys put it, think this is is a game, what is clear is one side, SL is winning and has control of SOOL, SL spends more energy and resources to keep the status quo, why, It means more to them, Faroole does not mind if these regions go separately or stay under occupation.

the ultimate decision is with people of SSC, they know for sure that being divided has let others take advantage of them.

N.O.R.F   

I kind of expected this :D

El Presidente Silaanyo visits disputed regions but somehow PL comes out of it in with flying colours (with chess board analogies to boot) :D

It was a PR stunt and that’s all it was. El Presidente traveled the country and took in the disputed regions visiting the front lines. This tells both local and international audiences that SL is:

1. A safe country. Safe enough for the president to visit disputed regions unhindered

2. Actively addressing the needs of the people in all regions

Wax kale ma jiraan ya ikhwaan.

Borama, the Capital of Awdal

Berbera, the Capital of Saaxil

Burco, the capital of Togdheer

Lasanod, the Capital of Sool

Ceerigaabo, the Capital of Sanaag

He visited all the six regions ....... and u know what it means. :D

No one inside SL takes ssc seriously! WHY? because more than 70% of the land they claiming don't even belong to them.They know that & SL knows,too.The trick is just make the world & unsuspecting somalis think ssc has bigger junk of land,so they stop any recognition & get bigger share in Mogadishu.If SSC is serious, let it take people across the board & show them what belongs to them...neutral individuals will look into who is living there & come back & inform you.In the meantime it's entertaining.

NGONGE   

I too questioned Siilaanyo’s visit and wondered as to his reasons. But not for once could I have reached the amazing conclusions that both Xiin & Baashe are unashamedly trying to sell us here. If they were talking about Sheikh Sharif then one might have stretched the logic and reluctantly agreed (for Sharif hardly speaks and his silence gives free reign to any number of interpretations). But it is the irascible Imam we are talking about here, people!

Contrary to what Xiin (and the H peddling Baashe) is saying, the Imam of PL has not been silent and, in fact, has resorted to his usual retort when faced with a quarrel with SL. Just like the infamous “Waxaan cadeyneynaa inaan faraha ka laaban doonin weerarka gardarrada ah ee lagu soo qaaday dadka Buhoodle” where he huffed and puffed but didn’t blow anything down, he now also carried on huffing.

Still, I do concede that there is a change in response when compared to the last time the Imam wailed. You see, last time he referred to the people of Buhoodle as his own and vowed to fight on their behalf. This time, his government released a statement in which it clearly distanced itself from the people of Buhoodle and referred to them as a problem that was created by Somaliland: (“Since October 2007, Somaliland forces have occupied Las Anod town against the wishes of the local population. Regrettably, it is Somaliland’s occupation that has triggered extremists to operate in those regions by benefiting from local grievances”).

And yet, Xiin will have us believe that the upcoming SSC conference will all work to the advantage of PL and marginalise those supporting SL. The cheek! :D

Again, I have no idea as to the political reasons and advantages that prompted Siilaanyo to make this visit. I suppose I can speculate that it may have something to do with showing the world that he’s in control of all his (claimed) territories. Or maybe it is to show the SSC that he can go wherever he wants. Or maybe it is to irritate the SL opposition parties. All this is simple speculation and none of it may prove to be true. What is true though is that this visit has shown PL up and proved once and for all that their influence and authority in this conflict has become almost irrelevant.

NGONGE   

^^ A spin doctor's skill lies in his ability to spin something (usually the truth). Xiin & Baashe are spinning us yarns, saaxib. :D

Thankful   

Secessionists seem to be taking full advantage of the photo oppurtunity. I am certain Siilaanyo felt that if he secretly enters the town, gets a picture taken and then quickly exits, he will be able to use this for PR. Which I have to admit he has every right to do!

But I wonder, if Siilaanyo visits shows that his enclave is safe then I wonder what the trip President Faroole, the Turkish PM and others who visited Mogadishu recently says about that city? Because they all annouced their visit before hand and stayed longer.

The one question every single NW Somali will ignore is where are Laascaanood's inhabitants when Siilaanyo visited? No doubt Secessionists will ignore this question. But I guarantee you that the international community can clearly see it.

Carafaat   

Abtigiis;751298 wrote:
The title should have read: Siilaanyo Visits SSC Provincial Capital, Faroole Counters With a Press Statement ,
Xinnfanin covers the shame of his uncle with spirited red-herring and rationalisation.
:D

Xiin "Adeero Faroole shir bu leeyahay bisha dambe."

Ceebta ma sidan ba lagu astura? Wuu si ceebeniya odaygii.

Baashi;751303 wrote:

I am glad he is in the helms for he’s better politician than mad dog
waraabe
. We know where he stands on
Somaliweyn
issue. This man is not deaf-tone.
If the grand bargain expected to be held soon bears fruits then is conceivable that the stage is set to bargain with him. In the meantime he is forgiven to hold the fort and stand toe to toe with the opposition. If that makes him a hawkish (provided it does not lead to bloodshed) for the short run so be it.

North can understand this. I wish I could say the same for our NGONGE.

The gist of analysis in this thread is the following: for the moment, Puntland is fishing deep in Somalia's political sea, because it can. Somaliland is doing the same work but in a shallow pond. That is to say both are playing politics but on different levels of maturity. As the folks on these boards know very well, I am a fan of the old man, Siilaanyo. I appreciate the political difficulties that surround him. That said, Puntland's priorities are much higher than separatist's. Puntland's goal in relation to Somaliland is on track if not already achieved, which is to convince the world that Somalia is manageable in one than it would be in pieces. Puntland's goal in relation to Somalia is even nobler than Somaliland. It is to see Somalia come back again as a republic and work very hard toward realizing that goal.

And that is that, ya NGONGE :D

Siilaayo has been nothing but a spectator since winning the Presidence. Unlike Riyaale he was marginalized and isolated both by the neighboring countries and by Somali politicking and regional standards as he was reduced to persona non grata. He was even unpopular within the triangle clan structure let alone in SOOL and SANAAG. This latest move of his is perhaps an attempt, a desperate attempt, to reignite his posture. Whether it works for him or not is to be seen soon.

On the other hand Faroole has had few limelight and made news headlines this year on many occasions. He does not suffer any form of isolation, contrary, instead he's consulted, briefed before hand and listened to about any of the significant issues. War and an armed struggle against SL is of no benefit to him. Although he has taken the opportunity to make political score by branding Siilanyo as warmonger in his provocative visit to the disputed territory, and any sound of bullets is sparked by Siilanyo, at least that's the message he conveyed. But he does not see war fit his purpose. He can win through peace. In Somali politicking no one has ever won through war, you may fight but that does not bring an end to a political problem. And this is a problem that least needs the attention of Faroole for the following reasons:

1. Hargeisa and Berbera are not going anywhere let alone LA

2. The SSC movement is big enough problem and headache for the secessionist movement, Fact: most pple in SSC regions are against SL and secession.

3. The motive of Siilaanyo's visit is to become popular among Habraha - this least concerns Faroole.

Although Siilanyo seems to have won some hearts in his Habraha quarters by pulling this magical milliseconds and privately hosted visit, whether that popularity remains is a challenge he has to overcome. A daunting task he will see to no avail, as is known, any qualification for one to be popular among each Habar is to be from Habarta. Clannish fashiology that's very common in the Somali peninsula but no where is applied or championed more so than in that corner of NW Somalia.

So many topics about the President's visit ,,, so many talks ,,,, so many discussions about Just-a-visit

That is what I call A PRESIDENT ,,,, :D