Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Faroole’s Nuanced Somalia

Abtigiis adiga horta somaliweyn ayaad ku waalatay beryahaan waa wax fiican laakin dhab aysan ka aheen somali oo isku imaato because adiga ONLF ayaad taageersantahay oo hal qabiil ah oo hadana doonaaya iney soomali galbeed kaligood maamulaan oo maamulitaan iskaba daayee wadan gooni ayeey rabaan hadhoow iney sameeystaan marka SL iyo PL maxaad ka rabtaa ?

Abtigiis   

Oba, my position on ONLF is clear. I am going to post something on that. Also, just look at the message not the messenger.

I support ONLF's legitimate resistance against aggression and rape of their sisters and mothers. if you look at it from the angle of who is going to dominate who post-liberation, that is a long shot. The aspects I disagree with ONLF is the name and having a seperate country. This is not what I say in this form, but is my position in the endless petitions we submit to the leadership. Also, your interpretation of ONLF's policy is wrong. If ONLF is fighting only for the clan O, that by iteslf doesn't make their struggle wrong. The clan under attack is O and therefore ONLF should defend it in the most practical way it can. I can also tell you name of change doesn't automatically bring about other Somali's joining ONLF. The issue is much more than the name. But the fault of ONLF is to allow this cheap name-calling against it to continue by sticking to a clan name. That is inexcusable. My Somaliweyn dream is for no political gain, or personal interest. I also know it is a cause that attracts lots of redicule these days, but I still want to identify myself with it rather than the other available options.

We don't want to be the next aborginees or red indians by being swallowed by 100 million Ethiopia where we will lose our identity and our land. Our fight is an existential one. It pains to hear fellow Somalis focus on the inconsequential, focusing on the plumage while neglecting the dying bird. But it is a fact that today Somalis see things from clan point of view and I am not surprised. Hopefully, a better day will come. I am also sure ONLF's struggle will at the minimum secure better rights and recongnition for the oppressed people of Somaligalbeed.

I also realize that not living in Somalia is an advantage, because dadku Somaliya aad bay isugu soo naceen. Waad yaabaysa waxay kala aaminsan yihiin. The solution is education, which will lead to enlightenment and people understanding the futility of clan.

Oba...Comparing ONLF with qabiil landers is just silly. ONLF is fighting legitimate war if you think for sec and get not fixated on the name. If non-Ocaden Somalis have issue with the name, they could certainly object to it but do so in a manner that helps the struggle. You can't complain about name while you sit on the sidelines and curse the only people that are doing something.

Abtigiis   

Also, ONLF have always maintained that if Shinile and JIgjiga, and other zones want to wage war against Ethiopia, they can organize themselves and an umbrella can be formed. That is to mitigate against a case where clans who suspect one another come togather and then infighting starts. It isn't so silly? is it?

There is nothing that is holding other Somalis from fighting Tigres. In fact, since 1993, while the clan that lost most men and women is the O clan, the other clans on the border with Oromia are the one's who lost massive land including Jinacsani? Did we hear a pistol fired over this? No. Can they? No. That is the truth. Markaa nin fadhiidh ah aan wada fadhino haduu ku yidhaa inaad yeeshaa waa lugooyoo. The border areas with Somalia, we know what the situation is. Harshin people feel their homeland is Hargeisa, Galadi is closer to Galkacyo than any place else. THIS IS A FACT. Markaa dadka xuquuqdooda u dagaalamaya, xitaa haday farsamo xumi hayso, yaan geed qabiil oo aan micno laheyn halgankooda lagu xagxagan.

A_Khadar   

A&T I am completely behind ONLF struggle but wish to see O's themselves united and then other somalis in the region also. When you're divided, it's really difficult to acheive anything.

Jacpher   

From this:

Abtigiis;746528 wrote:
On the subject, Puntlanders committed
a grave crime
against the Somali people when
they all
lined up behind Abdullahi Yusuf's treasonous attack on Mogadishu. Those were the days when
all of them felt like
Ethiopia will deliver power to them on the altar of Mogadishan's graves. And they have many disconcerting political attributes.

To this:

Abtigiis;746528 wrote:
Colonel Ahmed Omer Jess and his big-footed militias are responsible for one of the clearest cases of clan cleansing in Kismayo, where they killed the who is who of a clan that has equal rights as they do in the town.

Ma adigaaba Itoobiya dad ku caayaya?

NGONGE   

If a man stands in the middle of the street and begins preaching about prayer and cibada it is fair to ask him if he himself prays or not. Therefore, A&T, take what's thrown at you with good grace and leave out the nonsense about messages and messangers, saaxib. :D

Of course, I am still tickled by all these recent threads of yours (Xiin and others think them the height of debate and this tickles me even more). Cala kuli xaal, maxaad tedhi? ONLF want a sperate country and you wrote letters to the leadership opposing it? Arr iga daa! Ma kaa jawaabeen?

At any rate, though I don't for a minute believe a word you write, I still am sensible enough to recognise a good idea when I see one. In this case, the greater Somalia argument of yours is one worth tackling and discussing (though most of its proponents, including you, are out of their depth here). My advice, should you put your thinking cap on and take it for what it is, is to start this utopian topics of yours in the Camel Milk Debate section rather than the politics one. For (sadly for you of course) the greater Somalia idea, TODAY, is nothing but a philosophical one.

As for politics, and since we are here, I would like to hear some more about the halgan that is being pestered by clan accusations. :D

Abtigiis waan gartay aniga waxaan ugu so horjeeda ONLF for those reasons u mentioned that u disaagreed with, marka ONLF waxaan uga so horjeeda iney wadan kale noqdaan oo calan kale qaataan intey fikirkaasi qabaan horumar gaari maayaan hadii daacad la isu yahay oo soomaaliweyn ahaan loo dagaalami lahaa horumar weyn ay gaari lahaayeen, marka fikirkeygu waa kaas, tan kale iney jabhada kale la heshiiyaan bey aheyd jabhada xoreynta soomali galbeed oo lais cawiyo waa hal cadow waxey la dagaalamayaan, iyaga maha iney dhexdooda is dilaan,, ma garatay

Its true Admiral Muhammad Umar Osman supports an independent O'gaden Country free of Ethiopia and Somalia , ask any onlf supporter they will tell you that they want an independent O'gaden Country.The Whole reason the ONLF continue to use the O'gaden Name is that its has some historical significance , it was known back in the days as the O'gaden Country.The ONLF does not want Somalia to participate in their struggle they can support the jabhad financially or with arms the same way eritrea supports it but they do not want the region to be seen as a region that is in dispute between two countries.But rather people fighting for their rights and their very own existence against Occupiers the struggle for self determination and their own future state and not Somaliweyn.

The Zack   

Xaaji Xunjuf;746562 wrote:
ask any onlf supporter they will tell you that they want an independent O'gaden Country..

You lie! I am an ONLF supporter and my answer is we want to unite with our motherland, Somalia (After we free O'gadenia). Now what were u saying?

Abdul   

Xaaji Xunjuf;746562 wrote:
Its true Admiral Muhammad Umar Osman supports an independent O'gaden Country free of Ethiopia and Somalia , ask any onlf supporter they will tell you that they want an independent O'gaden Country.The Whole reason the ONLF continue to use the O'gaden Name is that its has some historical significance , it was known back in the days as the O'gaden Country.The ONLF does not want Somalia to participate in their struggle they can support the jabhad financially or with arms the same way eritrea supports it but they do not want the region to be seen as a region that is in dispute between two countries.But rather people fighting for their rights and their very own existence against Occupiers the struggle for self determination and their own future state and not Somaliweyn.

I know where this is going.But keep going please

Carafaat   

The Zack;746575 wrote:
You lie! I am an ONLF supporter and my answer is we want to unite with our motherland, Somalia (After we free O'gadenia). Now what were u saying?

The constitution of the ONLF says otherwise. Ofcourse you a free to oppose it.

The Zack   

Carafaat;746583 wrote:
The constitution of the ONLF says otherwise. Ofcourse you a free to oppose it.

The constitution says many things that will obviously change. Remember the SNM's goals? It had nothing to do with secession or did it?

P.s. No pun intended but why do I have the feeling that you are not a new SOLer despite your Jully 2011 "join date"? :D

Its up to the people of that region to decide.

zack SNM some of its leaders believed in an independent somaliland. And some were unionist but the people decided their future, and thats how it should be