Sign in to follow this  
munirah

Escalating divorce rates in our somali communities

Juxa   

I dont understand why is it big deal if a man helps bringing up his OWN bloody child?

what is the ceeb in being a good father?

As to the topic, hearsay ma fiicna, most married women would agree with me, no amount of £££ would replace a good husband and a father. In fact the more financial stable women are, the less likely she will ask for a divorce. She would rather sort out the problems and stay in the marriage. (ie islaamaha lacagta heysta waa fulayo or if you prefer kuwa sabar badan)

A_Khadar;744487 wrote:
Ina abiti yaa og hee if diverces overtook weddings.. May every day of the week, 7days, diverces happen when infact weddings may often happen only within the mention three days.. I guess the only way to prove this might be when we start having divorce events which I once heard there was such event in my town.. "Heblaayo getover/you better off without him party baa loo dhigay.."

It was a stab in the dark. It's all anecdotal anyway but I don't think divorces are such an issue.

I would go to that kind of party - Faarax-bashing with food and music, who can resist?

Blessed   

Hmm. I dunnno. Somali is guursanaya iyo qaar is furaya anigu ma arko.

Juxa,

I think because culturally it's not expected of men to get their hands dirty. Aabo provides, hooyo does everything else bey ahayd. To this day, it's ceeb for a man to go in the Kitchen back home, there's even a derogatory term for it. Anyway, madbakhba intaan la isla gaadhin rag badan in ay reerka u shaqeeyaan baa laga kari la'yahay.

Juxa   

Blessed domestic chores anigu waxba uma arko, it shont be even an issue, if the lady can then she does it, but if circumstances dictate otherwise, caano aad caruurta u kululeyso wont kill you.

I hate to say but Ngonge waa runtiis, indeed ragaa waalay dumarka

NGONGE   

See what I mean? They went and twisted my words already. :D

Somali women are naturally mad. I have already started to spot the early warning signs with my own girls. But I blame the men who married them even though they know they're mad and then could not hack the crazy experience.

Blessed   

Juxa, Haa waa run, shaqada guriga waxba maaha, laakin I think it's symbolic of how the guy sees his role as husband / father which may lead to a conflict of expectations between spouses, am I making sense?

See NG, see. Bal eega riwaayada uu noo dhigayo iyo kala hadalka. Ma waxaan lagu wareerin baa. LOL.

nuune   

Furniinku waa daawada qalbiga, looguna tala galey inuu dajiyo maskaxyaal isku quruntey, tusaale, naag baa ninkeeda ku sanniftey ama asaa isfiilato isku ridey, wey is waashey asna wuu ku dhuftey, warqadeeda ayuu u tuurey ayadna wey jeexjeexdey, kuweesto maano miino, yey u darantahey, caruurta un, yaa kale ay u darantahey haddii aysan carruur jirin meesha, irsaaqadii yareyd ee la wada wadaagayey ee sariirta unbaa la tabi,

Marka furniinku waa musuqmaasuqa guurka, la'aantiisna waa la isku dhibtoon lahaa, madaxana waa la isla gali lahaa, adduunyaana isku riiqmi laheyd, fikrad ahaan anigu waxaan aaminsanahey hadaad ninkaaga inyar ku xanaaqdo iska fur, ninkana haddu naagtiisa soo fiirin weydo ha furo, maxaaba dhib iyo maneeno keenayo meesha, hala kala irsaaqad doonto.

nuune;744710 wrote:
Furniinku waa daawada qalbiga, looguna tala galey inuu dajiyo maskaxyaal isku quruntey, tusaale, naag baa ninkeeda ku sanniftey ama asaa isfiilato isku ridey, wey is waashey asna wuu ku dhuftey, warqadeeda ayuu u tuurey ayadna wey jeexjeexdey, kuweesto maano miino, yey u darantahey, caruurta un, yaa kale ay u darantahey haddii aysan carruur jirin meesha, irsaaqadii yareyd ee la wada wadaagayey ee sariirta unbaa la tabi,

Marka furniinku waa musuqmaasuqa guurka, la'aantiisna waa la isku dhibtoon lahaa, madaxana waa la isla gali lahaa, adduunyaana isku riiqmi laheyd, fikrad ahaan anigu waxaan aaminsanahey hadaad ninkaaga inyar ku xanaaqdo iska fur, ninkana haddu naagtiisa soo fiirin weydo ha furo, maxaaba dhib iyo maneeno keenayo meesha, hala kala irsaaqad doonto.

albeit funny, alla ninku ma reera jiq-baa???

Xaa isugu diree

Juxa   

Blessed for islaan waalan (according to Ngonge) you make sense and nus.

To avoid conflict anigu jalmada biyaha xitaa weyso waan ku shubi. to be honest women should pick their fights carefully. I would never argue about chores or child care ( he has to if i am ill or away) etc as i am a control freak and like to do it my way anyway.

my dagaal is saved for worthy causes.

Juxa   

Blessed for one of islaamaha waalan (according to Ngonge) you make sense and nus.

To avoid conflict anigu jalmada biyaha xitaa weyso waan ku shubi. to be honest women should pick their fights carefully. I would never argue about chores or child care ( he has to if i am ill or away) etc as i am a control freak and like to do it my way anyway.

my dagaal is saved for worthy causes.

Ibtisam   

What is wrong with divorce? surely you shouldnt need to put up with malayacni, if it is not working, it is useless and counter productive to force it.