Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Zimbabwean Ministers To Be Circumcised

Zimbabwean Cabinet ministers will be circumcised under a programme meant to reduce the spread of HIV and Aids.

The programme will also target MPs and councillors.

Since a 2005 study in South Africa found that male circumcision reduces the risk of transmitting HIV by 60 per cent in cases of heterosexual sex, Zimbabwe has stepped up the campaign to have men circumcised.

“Circumcised men are eight times less likely to contract HIV,” deputy prime minister Thokozani Khupe said.

She told the Sunday News leaders should lead by example if the country is to achieve zero deaths emanating from the scourge. The target is to reach five million people.

The programme started in 2009 on funds by donors such as the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief.

Zimbabwe is one of the few African countries that have witnessed a decline in HIV transmission rates from 29 to 16 per cent between 1997 and 2007 and further down to 13 per cent currently.

FULL ARTICLE: http://www.nation.co.ke/News/africa/Zimbabwean+ministers+to+be+circumcised+/-/1066/1227456/-/okv7iq/-/

Som@li   

^if men don't contract HIV, how will women contract? I don't think Women to Women contact is significant in africa? :D

Great move, Rag waa wayn oo kawaanka la saareyn, dhibkeeda bay leedahay

circumcising grown a$$ men? ceeb! :P

“Circumcised men are eight times less likely to contract HIV,”

I don't understand how can this be...is it because circumcised men are less promiscuous?

NGONGE   

grasshopper;743724 wrote:
circumcising grown a$$ men? ceeb!
:P

I don't understand how can this be...is it because circumcised men are less promiscuous?

Nothing to do with being less promiscuous and more to do with simple biology. If you wear a hat and then go to frolic in the sand, there is a very good chance that some of the sand will get caught in the hat (or under it). If you were not wearing a hat on the other hand, you could simply shake the sand off without any remaining on your head.

(was that a tasteful explanation, I wonder! ). :D

NGONGE;743761 wrote:
Nothing to do with being less promiscuous and more to do with simple biology. If you wear a hat and then go to frolic in the sand, there is a very good chance that some of the sand will get caught in the hat (or under it). If you were not wearing a hat on the other hand, you could simply shake the sand off without any remaining on your head.

(was that a tasteful explanation, I wonder! ).
:D

pg13 explanation!lol

Malika   

Lol@Ngonge.

But as always Africans are still mystified by 'safe' sex - in some part of africa raping very young children or eating flesh of Albinos apparently cures AIDs...