Sign in to follow this  
Dabrow

Libyan rebels massacre black Africans

Dabrow   

". A Turkish construction worker told the British radio station BBC: ‘We had seventy to eighty people from Chad working for our company. They were massacred with pruning shears and axes, accused by the attackers of being Gaddafi’s troops. The Sudanese people were massacred. We saw it for ourselves.’

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2011/mar2011/rebe-m31.shtml

Dabrow   

Listning. Many of this people get killed because they are black. This is fact. Even before qaddafi was ousted they just to kill them.

And many who gets accused dont have nothing to do with qaddafi. Yet still they get murdered. In my book this wrong and I condemn it

". Many immigrants were regularly victims of racism.".

"According to Somali refugees in Libya, at least five Somalis were executed in Tripoli and Benghazi by anti-Gaddafi mobs. Dozens of refugees and immigrants workers from Ethiopia, Eritrea, Ghana, Nigeria, Chad, Mali and Niger have been killed, some of them were led into the desert and stabbed to death"

Saddly....they should release qaddafi on this drugged animals called rebels.

"And" kulaha.......

Dabrow   

man I dont know where your loyalitis is. But is not with your own people or your african brothers.

Somalia has been in chaos for 20 years. The somali sitaution is not the same.

And your rebellion attitude cannot not hide this fact. People gets slaughering in Tripoli and elsewhere in Libya.

Dont be a bystander of genocide against ur own people.

Read the HRI report.

http://humanrightsinvestigations.org/2011/07/07/libya-ethnic-cleansing/

NASSIR   

Very worrying development.....but expect the worst in a post-government collapse.

Misrata, the 3rd largest city has its own council that does not recognize the Western-backed Transitional Council in Benghazi.

Kulmiye   

it doesnt surprise me when I hear Arabs being racist- but it gets thick when you hear "slaughtering" and genocide. as far as Somalis being racist towards other africans its maybe because Arabs have influenced our culture, stereotypes and the way we view others.

chubacka   

So desperate are these western countries to present these rebels as virtuous young men fighting for "democracy" with everything that they have that many of these human right abuses go unreported. No conflict is black and white but this is being painted as such. What a disgusting start to this new era for Libya.

Nina Fox   

Alderman;742609 wrote:
As if Somalis themselves are not racist against black Africans. See the treatment Somali Bantus (Jareers) get in Somalia.

I agree with you on this one. Instead of focusing on other people's behaviour towards us, we should stop and consider the history of Somali ignorance imposed on tribes that are considered the minority in Somalia. Every nation has an element of racism to it and we are on the forefront of hypocricy and racism. I never noticed it before but as time goes by I am presented with examples of this type of segregation and racism day in and day out.

Coming back to the topic: Some wayward Somalis in Lybia openly declared their solidarity for Gaddafi. Can't remember where I read this but they even went as far as joining Gaddafi's troops in exchange of a better life in Lybia (if the regime is still in place).

The Pan Africanist group from Uganda issued this statement in their blog in the initial stages of the Lybian uprising

Fred Bamwine, operations coordinator of a group called Pan Africanists told reporters in Uganda that the coalition forces, led by the United States, "are deceiving the world that they want to save Libyan civilians against Libyan troops but the fact is that they are interested in oil".

"We, the pan Africans can not simply look on as USA and her allies attack Libya with the intention of killing Gaddafi so that they steal the oil. We have given them three days to stop or else we will mobilze a force of 4 million fighters and go to Libya and fight alongside troops that support Gaddafi," he added.

Ka xaa-xaabiya dheh. I feel sorry for them but its their fault for meddling in the affairs of a nation that is rejecting its own leader. The rebels will erase anyone or anything that are on their path to freeing themselves from the clasp of the tyrannt. Its just sad that innocent qaxotis who went there to earn an innocent buck are going to be used as human sheilds.