Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

Puntland Preparations for Historic and Highly Perspective well to be drilled by Horn Petroleum Corp.

Actually I read from oil & gas journal(1975 or 78 edition).I tried to retrieve but I couldn't get into their site.They said I have to be registered..will try that.

In the meantime check this: "Hydrocarbon potential of somaliland".

Global seafloor topography from satellite altimetry & ship depth findings.Science,277, 1957-1962.(Look the red sea & how different regions in the north were divided into separate companies).

Also go to ""Africa oil corp-somalia overview-Friday.Aug5,2011" look at maps;this basically SL/PL only.Here there is no doubt That much of the oil in somalia is from Burao/Berbera line to cape/Hobyo,including all the regions in between & the red sea if u look at the map.What is missing here is the lower juba & it was in that journal I mentioned.

Please try to find that article between 1975-78.It even circled big the 3 areas.

NASSIR   

burahadeer, From what I read in the past, all data of oil exploration and geological study point to Al Medo and Nogal basins as the most prospective. Berbera and other areas of potential oil and mineral deposits come not that significant.

Read "The Irrelevance of Somaliland: One of Multiple entities emerging from the wreckage of Somalia". In it, you'll find a quoted article from the Petroleum Economist.

nuune   

This piece is also from another article: http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/country/2005/somyb05.pdf

"Somalia is an East African country located on the Gulf of

Aden and the Indian Ocean that produced small quantities of

gemstones, gypsum, salt, and sepiolite (meerschaum) in 2004.

The country also had deposits of feldspar, iron ore, kaolin,

limestone, natural gas, quartz, silica sand, tantalum, tin, and

uranium"

Another piece: http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/Africa/Somalia-MINING.html

"The Somali minerals sector, which was not a significant economic force before the 1991 overthrow of the government, failed to expand in the ensuing years of political and economic instability. In 2001, small quantities of gypsum, marine salt, and sepiolite (meerschaum) were exploited, and the country also presumably produced clays, sand and gravel, crushed and dimension stone, and limestone (for lime manufacture and/or agriculture). Officially reported mineral and trade data have been unavailable owing to lack of a central government from 1991 to 2000, and the secession of Somaliland and Puntland. The civil war forced the closure of Somalia's cement plant and oil refinery (a leading industry), and halted exploration for natural gas and other resources. There were unexploited deposits of anhydrite, bauxite, columbite, feldspar, natural gas, iron ore, kaolin, quartz, silica sand, tantalum, thorium, tin, and uranium, and recent discoveries of amethyst, aquamarine, emerald, garnet, opal, ruby, and sapphire. Mining of the gemstones, in Somaliland, has been limited by a lack of modern equipment, civil strife, and damage to the infrastructure; a EU-funded non-governmental organization was working with Somaliland's government to exploit gemstone resources. Tin was mined by the British before World War II, and charcoal was the fifth-leading export commodity. The outlook showed little change for the short run.

"

Liqaye   

burahadeer;738790 wrote:
Somalia has the largest oil deposits in Africa.The largest lake of oil is a 3oo sq mile from near burao to Qardho which encompasses N to red sea & S to ethiopian border...This is called the "Nugal uplift".

2nd largest lake is lower juba at border with ethiopia( in the middle of that belly shaped area that intrudes to ethiopia).3rd largest is puntland from cape to hobyo(is along the coast).There r many wells from near Erigavo to Zeila.The red sea is full especially from Berbera toward the east.Don't forget natural gas & coal north of Burao.

This is unacceptable oil must be found using 4.5 formula :) or we have to refer to Antarnashional community!!

NASSIR;738938 wrote:
burahadeer, From what I read in the past, all data of oil exploration and geological study point to Al Medo and Nogal basins as the most prospective. Berbera and other areas of potential oil and mineral deposits come not that significant.

Read "The Irrelevance of Somaliland: One of Multiple entities emerging from the wreckage of Somalia". In it, you'll find a quoted article from the Petroleum Economist.

Do we have to politicise everything! Yaab walahi...If you say there was diamond rain, some would say it had the name of certain qabiil on it. You don't even know where I'm from.2ndly literature on oil is everywhere! Otha thing, most important areas had already been given to certain companies by siyad & according to laws that govern oil companies no otha co will drill.The only thing we can do is renegotiate the price..any way good luck & don't help me with ur revenues.

and where is NOGAL!??60 miles from burao is nogal ,encompassing parts of togdheer,sanaag & sool.I know wat u trying to say here !!!! different people live certain areas & some areas r either mixed or in close quarters.So don't try get into that.

Carafaat   

NASSIR;738938 wrote:

http://www.wardheernews.com/Articles_08/Feb/29_somaliland_mohamed.html

There are official reports, confirming the existence of vast reserves of oil deposits in Sool and Sanaag regions, from American multinational corporations such as Shell and Conoco that held contracts in these two regions before declaring force majeure. For instance, in an article, “Oil hopes hinges on North Somalia” published by the Petroleum Economist on 30 October 1990, states;

“Results of analysis to date, which indicate that the region is definitely oil-prone as well as gas-prone, are to be presented at this month's meeting of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists, Eastern Hemisphere group, in London. Regional connoisseurs pick out northern Somalia as particularly prospective. Exploration here dates from the turn of the century and was conducted in the former colony of British Somaliland by British and Italian geologists. The area rewarded explorers with numerous oil seeps and oil and gas shows in wells drilled in the 1960s. It is geologically analogous, in parts, to southern Yemen, on the other side of the Gulf of Aden, and almost the entire area was under licence to companies by the time hostilities with the central government broke out in 1988.”

Good progress. We need these prospective explorations. Hadii macdan la helo, it would be a wonderful winfall for our ravaged country (although the threat of mismanagement and conflict is also there as always).

Liqaye;738957 wrote:
This is unacceptable oil must be found using 4.5 formula
:)
or we have to refer to Antarnashional community!!

Don't worry somalia will be turned into warehouse by NATO.Go to cooking school so you be a good chef.

Porters ,dishwashers needed.Atleast better to be home..

Som@li   

burahadeer;739025 wrote:
Do we have to politicise everything! Yaab walahi...If you say there was diamond rain, some would say it had the name of certain qabiil on it. You don't even know where I'm from.2ndly literature on oil is everywhere! Otha thing, most important areas had already been given to certain companies by siyad & according to laws that govern oil companies no otha co will drill.The only thing we can do is renegotiate the price..any way good luck & don't help me with ur revenues.

The "Companies" and their agreements becomes invalid after they fail to return!