Sign in to follow this  
Dabrow

somali famine

Dabrow   

somali famine is a sad chapter in our lives but my questions is what happens after that? How can we ensure that this never happens again.

I know stability is needed in order to avoid such thing but there must be a plan B or something. This goverment is a joke and have never even given water to some one thirsty. This war seems never to end. First it was clan warfare, then later occupation and destruction from Ethiopia and now this religious war where one counterpart is banning sambusa and the other is founded by the very same people who wants somali status quo to never end. A war who has no winners but all losers.

Somali famine should never be allowed to happen again. Never again. But we must stop this genocidal politics and start to be master over ourselfs. We need to arise. Simple put.

At the end of the day, we are all somalis and muslim. thats what matters. Let us work towards better times and make sure this kind of famine never happens again.

Alderman   

somali famine is a sad chapter in our lives but my questions is what happens after that? How can we ensure that this never happens again.

- Population control

- Education

- Investment in infrastructure and irrigation systems

- Equal rights for women etc

Coofle   

EDUCATION.......That is the Ultimate Answer.......With education comes tolerance, Peace, Governance , Justice and Wealth....

Abwaan   

Although suggestions provided here are useful, wouldn't it be better to find out what exactly happened before we attempt to find out solutions? I mean how? contributing factors? comparisons with similar and previous famine..etc.

Dabrow   

Good question and post. One can also claim that this famine is at least man made

because of the civil war and the struggle on daily life for the citizen, there's a limit how much sadness and struggle one can handle.

In that aspect the circumstances have not made it a bed of roses for the people, and and the magnitude of this catastrophe is because of the circumstances.

Few things to think about it in near future:

Drought planning

Impact of drought

Climate forecasting

Pre-actions

Emergency action