Sign in to follow this  
SoMa_InC

Man Utd Vs European XI....Charity Match..

SoMa_InC   

Asalaam Aleykum everyone.

Manchester United beat a Europe XI to celebrate the Red Devils' 50 years in European competition.

Man Utd won the match 4-3 even though Ibrahimovitch could not take advantage to score a penalty. It was an entertaining game.

As much as I hate Man Utd, I have to admit that Ronaldo is a real talent, watching him at Old Trafford last night was a great honour. The guy has future if only he could change his club. :D

Giggs and Scholes were also class acts. Wayne Rooney even though he scored 2 goals was not entertaining.

As for the European XI, the team had talent. Ibrahimovitch proved to me that he is overrated, he has skills but a great selfish player with poor finishing. The rest of the team players were:

Canizares, Zambrotta, Ayala Materazzi, Abidal, Mancini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Malouda, Ibrahimovic, Larsson.

Kallstrom who came on in the second half was class player. I had he is swedish, he such an entertaining player, watch this space.

Watching Gattuso, Pirlo and Mancini was enjoyable. I really liked the vision of Pirlo, his passes were accurate.

One thing that I never admitted before but have witnessed last night is how GREAT Steven Gerrald is. As a Chelsea fan it hurts to admit to this but I have to hit the nail on the head. The guy was getting booed a lot but I really enjoyed watching him.

El Haj Diouf was also great. He scored 2 goals.

I'll upload the images later on Insha-Allah.

Peace

Soma, that was actually a good game, esp how Man Utd was passing around the Europe team. The players that impressed me the most are Scholes, Kallstrom and Gerrard. Everybody knows Scholes, but without the pressure of 3 points, this guy showed a different side, he was showing true skill. As for Kallstrom, I heard a great a deal abou him but that was the first time I actually seen him play, and I was definitly impressed.

Soma, you say you were impressed by Gerrard, maybe you can start to spell his name right then. ;)

SoMa_InC   

Soma, you say you were impressed by Gerrard, maybe you can start to spell his name right then

187, lol. That is a good one. Thanks for the correction.

Ms DD   

I was choked wit emotion when Andrew Cole came on. Didnt do much last night but i suddenly recalled the night Man U (rather Dwight York and A Cole) trashed Juve in 1999.

Anyone wondering whether the rumour "Zidane would have played last night, if Materazze wasnt invited" is true? That would have been awesome.

Ms DD   

I was choked wit emotion when Andrew Cole came on. Didnt do much last night but i suddenly recalled the night Man U (rather Dwight York and A Cole) trashed Juve in 1999.

Anyone wondering whether the rumour "Zidane would have played last night, if Materazze wasnt invited" is true? That would have been awesome.

SoMa_InC   

^^^Zidane turned it down long before. Ronaldinho agreed to come but cancelled it last minute because of 'injury'. The same excuse when Brazil played Portugal at the Emirites.

Materazzi, I don't know but I really can not stand him.

Andy Cole got a standing ovation.