Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

Paralyzed after bachelorette pool accident, woman to marry a year later

Aaliyyah   

Published On Tue Jul 19 2011

Rachelle Friedman tries on a veil during the fitting for her wedding dress. Blank Image

Video: Paralyzed Bride

A year after she was paralyzed in poolside horseplay at her bachelorette party, Rachelle Friedman will finally make it down the aisle on Friday, marrying the man who has waited with her to exchange vows since the accident. (July 18)

MARTHA WAGGONER Associated Press

RALEIGH, N.C. — The North Carolina woman whose wedding was put on hold last year when an accident at a pool left her paralyzed her is getting married this week.

Twenty-five-year-old Rachelle Friedman of Knightdale will exchange vows with Chris Chapman on Friday at The Fearrington House in Pittsboro.

Friedman and the middle-school teacher originally were supposed to marry last June, but that was delayed when a friend pushed her in a pool.

Friedman hit the bottom awkwardly, and the accident left her paralyzed. They both say they never considered the possibility of not marrying.

And she’s also still friends with the woman who pushed her, who’s a bridesmaid.

Friedman has steadfastly refused to name the woman, saying the friend is suffering more than she is

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1026996--paralyzed-after-bachelorette-pool-accident-woman-to-marry-a-year-later

Aaliyyah   

aww that is what I call true love. I know people are different, but seriously don't you think a Somali guy would have walked out on this girl??

Aaliyyah   

I shared my opinion, and gave you a room to share yours! If you believe otherwise have your two cents..otherwise just chill!

Aaliyyah   

yeah, good luck to her indeed.Hopefully she will heal, but highly unlikely! Looks like a serious accident!

salaam

Aaliyyah;734988 wrote:
don't you think a Somali guy would have walked out on this girl??

I know many Somali men who are married to a disabled women ..... If she is worth it, Why not :D

Aaliyyah   

kamavi who are you calling naa..?edab yeelo!

Jacaylbaro lol if that is the case then mashallah!...

Qandalawi I have nothing but love for my somali brothers..lol I was just saying :D

A_Khadar   

Aaliyyah;734988 wrote:
aww that is what I call true love. I know people are different, but seriously don't you think a Somali guy would have walked out on this girl??

Alliya,,, ka qalee dee nimanka somaliyeed.. dagaal waalan baad ku haysaaye..

Aaliyyah   

lol where is my sol sisters when I needed them! *cries a river!

anyhow, it takes a lot of guts and iiman to settle with someone who is disabled! I have witnessed few similar stories where a guy walked out on his wife cuz something happen to her that she had no say in...like this lady who went thru heart surgery n her husband took a second wife..

as for the opposite, I personally know this sister who is married to a guy on a wheelchair and she is so devoted to him (im not saying girls stick by someone who is disabled all the time but that sister has so muchh iman and whenever I see them subhanalah it just makes me see life in a different way n that girl im talking abt married him while he was on wheelchair so u can only imagine how amazing she is..)...

and the funny part was when he was marrying that lady, the story i mentioned previously everyone was praising him (makes u realize that u shouldnt go for the first impression there is something deeper)..

and, the only reason i said a somali guy would walk out on a girl who is disabled is cuz in this story we were talking abt a disabled girl!...laakin runtu waxay timaada when a spouse needs the other spouse and the true character of the person comes out only then...inta kale wa bahabaha..

my three cents

salaam

as long as she functions in bed, disability means nothing

Aaliyyah;734988 wrote:

somali men different species miyaa?