Sign in to follow this  
PasserBy

Can Somaliland survive without Awdal?

PasserBy   

Ever since Silanyo came to power, the people of Awdal have been marginalized. Awdal is the home base of former President Riyale. It is also one of the oldest settlements in the region. In the last election Silanyo received no support there. As revenge, he has totally neglected the region. If things don't change very soon there is a real possibility that Awdal may opt out of the enclave. The question is can Somaliland survive losing Awdal?

awd.gif

Since when is bulaxaar gabiley arasbiyo wajaale part of awdal province, Awdal is where the Modern Somaliland civilization started god bless and it will always remain part of Somaliland.

Qof kasta oo doorta xuduud ku dhisan dad reer guuraaya waxay noqonaysaa suaash ugu culus ee hortaalaa halkee bay martaa xuduudaadu. Waxa hubaal ah in deegano badan oo ka muuqda maabkan ay daganyahiin/ sheegtaan qabiilo kale.

Soon we will build our Zailastate with half of your map.

Xaaji Xunjuf;733697 wrote:
Since when is bulaxaar gabiley arasbiyo wajaale part of awdal province?

What do you expect? These kind of maps are usually made by people who are not from Somaliland, and hence whose knowledge of Somaliland is severely limited. No person from Awdal or anywhere else in Somaliland would honestly make such a ridiculous map.

The Zack   

^ I didn't know Somaliland was to Ethiopia as Awdal is to Somaliland.

Having said that, xabashigaan maxaa ka galay awdal iyo arimaha Somaliland?

PasserBy   

Xaaji Borat,

The fact that you are questioning the inclusion of a few villages in the map of Awdal leads neutral observers to conclude that you see a possibility of Awdal opting out of the enclave and that you are fretting about a border dispute ensuing. This could all be averted if Silanyo stops punishing Awdal community just because they didn't vote for him.

Jacaylbaro,

Ethiopia has survived the loss of Eritrea and its historical ports. It can handle losing Somaliland as well. The reverse may not be true though. Somaliland, as well as Puntland, are unlikely to survive Ethiopia's loss. This was made abundantly clear in 2006 when Islamic Courts Union pushed all the way to Galkayo and were just a pissing distance from Garowe. The Buhoodle incident of two years ago and Admiral Osman's boys walk thru Somaliland (undeterred) make it clear that Somaliland troops/security forces are not ready for prime time.

No i was correcting your map as for awdal as i said its part and parcel of Somaliland its where we planned the destruction of your Ethiopian Emperors ;)

PasserBy   

I thought Somaliland was the creation of colonial Britain. I didn't know it existed during the time of ancient Ethiopian Emperors. My Bad. :D

PasserBy   

Awdal did exist during the days of ancient Ethiopian Emperors. Somaliland is a different story. But I like myths. So tell me more. :D

PasserBy;733875 wrote:
Awdal did exist during the days of ancient Ethiopian Emperors. Somaliland is a different story. But I like myths. So tell me more.
:D

Walashma Dynasty Later Adal Empire by the way they were not called Ethiopian Emperors they were the Abyssinian Christian rulers we hunted them down one for one. Ethiopia back then did not exist , Loool@ myths

PasserBy   

Yes, Adal did exist, a tributary Sultanate to Abyssinia (if it suits you). There is no argument there. The Somaliland thing though is as ancient as the Beatles. :D

Yes adal Empire exist Seylac was our Capital city and it still hunts you in your mind after 5 centuries the land was always known as the Land of the Somalis Ardu Al Sumaal Aka Somaliland.