Sign in to follow this  
Complicated

Another Somali boy murdered on the streets of London

Aaliyyah   

The rest of us can come across as clever and whatnot - Only forgetting one can never say, they are complete...

You are absolutely right ..we are only human beings and we can never be complete. We all have our shortcomings!

I do hope Allah guides all of us inshallah to the right path and make us among the righteous.

salaam

Malika   

^:D, ha ha - didnt mean to scare you my little sister.. sowie!

Okay now all is clear - time to move on. Next thread!

Aaliyyah   

lol no problem girl. Anyways, the thread was for the marxuumka. I might have got carried away with my posts it was probably not the best place to give my opinions abt the somali community...

alle ha u naxaristo again! oo eheladiisa sabar iyo imaan haka siiyo.

Blessed   

May Allah have mercy on his soul and grant his family sabr.

P.s. Majority of these deaths are sensless killings over trivial arguments, mobile phones or are racially motivated.

Polanyi   

Why is racism against Arabs and Somalis acceptable, but racism against blacks bad? (Let's ignore the fact that many Arabs are black for a moment here.)

Malika   

^If you mean why we are ignoring London2010 comments? - dee he deserves no response, it will be like singing to goat.

Malika;730524 wrote:
^Would it have been okay, if the said girl came home pregnant by an arab, white , Somali [the non black africans] or chinese man? :confused:

Alpha - I second you. Honestly the excuses are pathetic!

Inna lillah wa inna illahi rajcuun.

yes ofcourse, as long as the wacel is good looking n has nice jileec hair, then its ok.

If Barack Obama can be called black president (matter of prestige, fulfillment of MLK's dream and fruits of civil rights movement), how's Aaliyah's reference to black folks in the ghetto offensive or is the word black offensive now?

p.s. I wished our people would stop dumping their kids in the ghetto.

Malika   

^Oh please! It was the tone, the underlying message was that having black babies meant one has lost all morality/spiritual/culturally and socially - ps. Yes there are moral, spiritual and social issues concerning all of us in regard to our youth - but I would'nt just concetrate on those whom had 'black babies' ..

^Could it be because Somalis mostly live in black ghettos? Find me Somali in trailer park filled with hilly billies , there shall be judgement on them too.

There's nothing desirable in the ghetto nor should one look forward to having kid that mates with man who was brought up in the ghetto. That people in the ghetto are black is purely accidental but their ethnicity can not be detached from the discussion when speaking about plight of kids in the ghetto.

p.s. Could it be are you conditioned to see racism in discussion regarding social issues in black ghettos?

Juxa   

Che, we cant blame the somali problem on others. besides times have changed and some people are married to other non-somali black (muslim) people,and therefore have black children (ma somali ineey cadahay mooday yaa che)

In this sheeko I appreciate the sheeko iney ku socotay non-muslim blacks.

Anyways parents have to take responsibility for the kids and try to avoid bringing them up in utter poverty whilst they save the money for a villa back home or a business that never takes off. children should have similar life style to their peers. they shont need to resort to crime out of sheer desperation cause they dont have what others in their age group have.

having said that some children/teenagers waa sixir cirka laga soo ridey, parents try everything and yet waa soo taaganyihiin oo dhibkooda laga joogi la yahay har iyo habeen!

Juxa.....Somalis including my own family members have always married non-Somalis and having child with black Muslim is not issue but surely one shouldn't defend the idea of out of wedlock relationships that result in children in the ghetto of all places.

I agree with you Somali parents are at fault here!

Juxa   

There is no evidence that there is connection between children born out of wedlock and those living in poor areas.

In fact biggest of reer hebel baa ugu badan dadka caruurtooda burger qalalan ku koriya, whilst they keep appearances and save the lacag for something else.

ps: how can we call someone *w*e*c*e*l? ma anagaa joogney meeshay ku calool galeen! istaqfurullah