Sign in to follow this  
Complicated

Another Somali boy murdered on the streets of London

Aaliyyah   

Malika, you know too well that I was talking abt non muslim black men...:D

n clearly there is a difference between if ur daughter for example God forbid had a a baby out of wedlock with a muslim guy..at least then u will marry her to him. Where if he was a gaal, there is no way around that..

anyways I am not here to debate alle dadkeena xaqa ha wafajiyo and ameen to ur duca

Malika   

^Lol - you got personal Aaliyah, why bring my daughter into the discussion ?

I am not done with you - will be back later.

Juxa   

allaha unaxariisto, this is the third somali youth death this month alone......

if only you lot saw the faces of the mothers meeshan jiqjiq lama imaateen! bilaah caleyk

N.O.R.F   

Ilaahay ha u naxaristo.

Kids cannot be locked up in their houses. Peer pressure and pride are other factors that lead to gang membership and/or confrontations. It is not just a Somali problem. Things have changed so much so quickly its difficult for society to keep up.

Kids need advice on how to try and stay out of such situations. Its tough out there. They need role models. Not famous role models but someone who cares about them and offers his/her advice to them. This can be through a simple chat at the bus stop or running various schemes (sports clubs, careers advice, homeworl clubs etc etc).

Every little helps.

Juxa   

Norf meeshi nafta ku baxaysana waalagu geynayaa!

i have met fantastic parents, who tried everything, yet the child ended up dead in worst place possible, i now have stopped random blame the parents tirades.

unless you are actually actively participating in helping the youth to better themselves, iska aamus

Juxa;730627 wrote:
Norf meeshi nafta ku baxaysana waalagu geynayaa!

i have met fantastic parents, who tried everything, yet the child ended up dead in worst place possible, i now have stopped random blame the parents tirades.

unless you are actually actively participating in helping the youth to better themselves, iska aamus

Well said, Don't Judge a Book by Its Cover; Allaha u naxariisto would suffice.

N.O.R.F   

Juxa, I wasn't being judgemental but encouraging others to influence kids in a positive way through various channels. I didn't mention the parents.

ps I did my bit when I lived there.

Juxa   

Norf i was talking generally, i did not mean you were judgemental, i meant it is easy to say this or that but sometimes things happen and the parents are not to blame!

maybe wadkoodi baa galay

First of all - Alla ha u naxariisto marxuumka - sabar and imaan to his family and friends.

Secondly - I am deeply concerned about the comments of made by Aaliyyah in far as they come across as very bigoted statements to make, but i am having to hold back harsh criticism of our sister for the sake of giving her benefit of doubt for her poor choice of statements and more importantly because i do not want to come across as any where near agreeing with the despised individual by the name of London2010.

Aaliyyah   

Malika that was just an example. like what u would have preferred if u found yourself in such position. I wasnt trying to get personal, my sincere apology.

Sayid just share your view. This is a forum after all...

A_Khadar   

Alle ha u naxariisto wiilkaa la dilay ehelkiisana samir iyo imaan..

I see Alliya's point, not to say about the color, but "Getto" and non muslim are her issues on the top of the wedlock. Her points are valid which is if one is going to a wrong way, which is in this case having wedlock child, it's better to be non-getto who can raise the baby (regardless of color) and muslim who may create family with possibly..

^^maxaa u diiday in ay sidaas dhahdo?

Aaliyyah - First of all I do not prescribe to the notion that says "This is a forum after all" and therefore one is not liable for what he or she writes therein and hence should not be taken to mean anything. That would belie the whole point of a forum; a place where ideas and views on a particular issue (in this case Somali issues) can be exchanged. Consequently, as sane people with principles underpinned by Islam (for which I consider you to be one) we have to be mindful of what we write here and how that comes across to others. Because other people who view these exchange of ideas and views would likely be influenced by them especially when the said views are coming from a respected member of the forum such as yourself.

Statements that betray whole sets of people or race as beneath others and worthy of contempt purely on the bases of their colour or social stratification is pure bigotry and more importantly un-Islamic.