Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Faroole's failures.

Degel   

General Duke;729142 wrote:
^^^Your point is we should not hold our leaders accountable? I disagree, from the back of a PC, one can voice his concerns regardless.

Under the current PL system, it is the parliament and the traditional elders that can deal with the government if it is not performing. Our people are clannish, so until reform takes place in the parliament, the only time one can change the president is during the election.

Gheele: I agree we must do allot more for the people on the ground. I try to do what I can at the moment. However the least we can do in the Diaspora is speak truth to power. If we just clap and ululate when ever we see these "important" people, then we will never get anywhere.

Degal, pardon me but I am not familiar with who or what you are..

Taleexi   

Gheelle.T;729129 wrote:
Haddii u joogana waxaa la oran lahaa, muxuu wax ugu soo qaban waayay dalka...

Where will the money for the infrastructure come from unless you go beg for it? Unless you think the mere 25 million annual budget(all of it from inland taxation) would cover to build Airports, Seaports, and pave roads. I guess not.

Taleexi, lol@former Puntland.. Pl sidii ay aheyd wagii la dhisay maaha, xanuun yar unbaa haaya wayna ka kici. Awoowe, dayacu 2 region kuma ekka oo wixii laamiga bari iyo galbeed ka xigaa tuubadu si fiican uma gaarto. Laakin, inta kalaa jana ah micnaheedu maaha.

Ma odhan tuubada meel walba ha la mariyo - No one sane expected miracles descending down to PL with Farole's election but the multifaceted failures of the region are not external as you would like us to believe rather internal - Her leadership should be charged by their merits - I'm pretty sure the assets he personally collected alone, had they been not misallocated, would have finished some incomplete projects in the region. Clearly, PL authority is shrinking to Garowe and its environs rather expanding to new territories in her influence. Mise, we are not watching the same movie?

Though there is alot to be desired about Faroole's administration, I think we have to be realistic and understand the limitations of an entity like Puntland.

Talexi, with all due respect. Puntland even with all the issues highlighted is still standing strong. Garowe is a city on the rise, Bosaso economic power, Qardho, Carmo and Mudug are all moving forward. We need to extend this to the Eastern regions and to SSC.

Faroole needs to do more, and he needs to at least name capable men to the Eastern regions development and put together a commission on SSC.

However with all his failures he is much better leaders than some who have been AWOL in the Diaspora after calling for a war.

Che, its funny that we have not heard from Fuad Shangoole, Godane for a while and your clownish Al Shabaab have failed to capture any Puntland city, with all their hot air. Faroole will have to change or held accountable. You on the other hand can hate Puntland all the way to the grave.

Som@li   

Soomaalidu waxa ay tiraahdara Hal Booli ah Nirig Xalaala ma dhasho.

Faroole came to power through corruption and illegitimate system, He was appointed by TOLKA, and chosen by so called PMs who can not see beyond the horizon, The main problem is those who appointed him, and still support, are victims of this admin, The whole systems is farce

One thing is for sure, Faroole, will not change the status quo and the current system because if he brings changes, he knows he will be the first to go.

Som@li   

Che,I know, Biya kaa badan waa ku hafiyaan, I think if he wanted to bring changes , if he was sincere and had the interest of the poor Somalis in the region, and not trying to enrich himself, and his family, however the system is corrupt, I reckon he could bring changes? Laakin DHib ku waxa ka yimi, is he capable? is he willing? I don't think so.

Thankful   

If the system is a farce (as you say), it has made Puntland one of the most peaceful regions of all of Somalia. Which is why you are seeing similar administrations being developed in many other places.

Puntland has worked for more than 12 years and survived against great odds. The system needs updating but its idea was and is still relevant. Today I disagree with the President of the State. However the important thing to note is that there is a State, it works, and it can be transformed for the better. Those who support Al Shabaab & even worse make belief entities can not be taken seriously. Also the Tolka someone mentioned have built this state from scratch, they don’t take anything from you or anyone else. Thus try again.