Sign in to follow this  
Liqaye

Marriage over the phone thrives among Somali community Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World

Aaliyyah   

she is naive on the issues like marriage lol. She never tried one.

Zack you know walaal a wise person doesn't have to walk the walk to know things, they just need to observe and analyze loool :D

salaam

Kool_Kat   

The Zack;723901 wrote:
^As always afkaaga caano dhay ah lagu qabay or ice cream. Though Aaliyah is an expert on a lot of things, she is naive on the issues like marriage lol.
She never tried one.

LOL @She never tried one...Cambuur miyaa sheekada?

Aaliyah, although I don't agree with what/how many parents back in Africa marry off thier young daughters, I stopped long ago to judge them...Qofka markuu wax sidaa oo kale ah ku kacayo, in most cases, it isn't something inteey hal maalin iska soo keceey is dheheen "bal let me find an almost pensioner (:P) for my young daughter"! I just don't think that's the case...Hooyo kasto wey jeceshahay gabadheeda ama wiilkeeda inuu noqda kuwa dadka ugu sareeyay, noloshana meel dheer ama heer sare ka gaara...Laakiin aduunka sidaa uma shaqeeyo...

Ps, in Canada the earliest one can retire is at 50 (I think)...Dee walaalo, nin inta shaqeysta ilaa heer uu such a young age retirement gala intee laga helaa...Kasoo kale "alle kusii" baa la dhahaa...Teeda kale, I am a true believer of "nin ku dhali karaa ku dhaqda"...Ku yaroo isagaba nolosha ku cusubtahay wax uu sheegi karaaba iska yar...:D

The Zack   

Aaliyah, I know where you are coming from walal, however, I will take the words of Bill Gates over the words of my business class professor when it comes to business advice.

EDIT: KK lol@canbuur...fair comparison ahaa.

Aaliyyah   

Aaliyah, although I don't agree with what/how many parents back in Africa marry off thier young daughters, I stopped long ago to judge them...Qofka markuu wax sidaa oo kale ah ku kacayo, in most cases, it isn't something inteey hal maalin iska soo keceey is dheheen "bal let me find an almost pensioner () for my young daughter"! I just don't think that's the case...Hooyo kasto wey jeceshahay gabadheeda ama wiilkeeda inuu noqda kuwa dadka ugu sareeyay, noloshana meel dheer ama heer sare ka gaara...Laakiin aduunka sidaa uma shaqeeyo...

Koolkat, Fair comment. Waan kugu raacsanahay!

I will take the words of Bill Gates over the words of my business class professor when it comes to business advice.

Zack lol marka shekadaso bandhigtay aniga ma professorka baad igu matishay lol..fine, from now on ama keep my opinions to myself. You ppl are heartless Joking lol..

salaam

Chimera   

Young Somali sisters need to grow a damn backbone. Old Somali women are decadent and ignorant as hell with their FGM, shady marriages, minimum of 6 kids each and heavy hand in teaching these same kids about the retarded clan-system.

The perfect counterparts of the vile, perverting, myopic, animalistic old Somali men.

27-year age gap is too much, people. That sort of gap can only be tolerated in millionaire/billionaire circles.

Don't trust habraha - they are also the ones who facilitate or sometimes force 'habro-wadaagyo' marriages (the last taboo since 'ilmo-adeeryo' marriages are now common). As in "walaashaa guurso oo maalkaaga isla reerka ku soo celi".

bilan   

This is really sad, I know a girl right here in USA who was married off to 60 year old man, the only difference was when the groom showed up at her parents’ house few days after the wedding she said she fainted . he was not the man she was expecting, she was 19 at the time and her father told her, the groom is between 30-35, Instead here was her husband 60+ with half of his teeth missing. after I saw the guy, I did not blame her for fainting, I was more surprised that she did not die right there, but good thing she divorced him as soon as he brought her to USA thinking with 3 children she will be forced to stay with him.

Kool_Kat   

^Missing teeth can be a plus in some cases, you know! :D Istaaqfurulaah!!!!!!!!!!

***Ok, I think this is my cue to go home***

Chocolate yes they are ..hoyooyinkood waa greedy old farts as you put it lol..risiqooda meel kale bay ka raadsan kareen. They have no rights to sell their daughters to some old men oo dhali kara akhas. !..bottom line, it is the ultimate choice of their daughters, if that daughter chose to marry someone from abroad double her age. I careless. But, mothers to sell them and proceed with the wedding without even letting the girls know is just ridiculous and u cant make excuses for the mothers..

salaam

I'm not defending the mother's actions by any means. But desperate people do desperat things. The choices that you and me have don't exist for them. If you had ten young children with no income and support; maybe you eat one meal a day and you're watching your children suffer everyday with no hope on the horizon, maybe you would sacrifice one of them for the sake of the 9. It is not perfect and It is not fair to the one whose life you ruined but thats a choice you made.

Now the whole things of old perverts taking advantage of these type of situations is another dispicable thing all together.

mashallah. wiil iyo caano.

whats with all these people with 'western' sentiment, when did a 19 year old become a child? say congrats to the bride and groom and move on people. haters never prosper.

bilan;723986 wrote:
This is really sad, I know a girl right here in USA who was married off to 60 year old man, the only difference was when the groom showed up at her parents’ house few days after the wedding she said she fainted . he was not the man she was expecting, she was 19 at the time and her father told her, the groom is between 30-35, Instead here was her husband 60+ with half of his teeth missing. after I saw the guy, I did not blame her for fainting, I was more surprised that she did not die right there, but good thing she divorced him as soon as he brought her to USA thinking with 3 children she will be forced to stay with him.

at 60 and he gave her 3 children? you;d think a man with such ferocious virility would be a prize.

Chocolate and Honey;724015 wrote:
Breaking News: Perverts blame having a concience on the West. They miss the old days when they roamed earth rapping, buying and selling little girls in the pretext of culture and religion.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

is marriage a perversion now? i suppose you'd prefer ur daughters to be naked super models in the west than having a blessed islamic marriage?

Aaliyyah   

loool@she fainted! you are right I'm surprised too that she didnt die out of heart attack. Eww

Axmed no one is hating on anyone. It is a matter of do you agree with forced marriage? and also that huge age gap?..

salaam