Sign in to follow this  
Ms MoOns

Diary Of A Xalimo

Ms MoOns   

I've started reading this girls fiction stories, written in diary form on her blog.

It's quite a read.

Here is a bit of part one to give you an idea:

"Dear Diary,

Saturday night was amazing. After a long day shopping, I sat at the back of the bus on my way back home, eying up my jewelery for the wedding I was going to later that night. I thought one of the earings had a bit missing so I held it up to study it closer. It was then that I noticed him. My God he was beautiful. The way he ascended the steps slowly creeping into my sight, almost teasing me with his beauty. I watched as bit by bit his slender body emerged from the stair well. The closer he got the more beautiful he seemed. He had the lightest skin, a creamy caramel complexion that was set of by the lightest brown eyes I'd ever seen. He was beauty walking. He was wearing a light blue top with water wash jeans and white trainers. It was odd because he was dressed like everyone else and yet somehow he looked so different, so perfect; like a daimond among rocks.

As the night went on, we danced, talked, made fun of the guys and ate bariis with hillib. With coconut and cakes for desert. And then we danced again. The tempo soon began to slow for what was supposed to be one of those 'couples only' dances. I watched as my friends paired of.

I wasnt the type to just dance with any guy. Heck I was too shy. Plus I was still thinking about Khalid and as I started heading off towards the tables, I felt a hand on my arm. The hand slowly embraced my arm, holding me firmly, yet softly. Stopping me in my tracks. I turned my head slowly, thinking up a well thought rejection when I saw him."

http://lovesheekolove.blogspot.com/

I, myself have only read part one, so need to get on reading the rest ... !! lol

Salaam.

P.s. At first it seems a bit modernised and one might think that these sort of things don't happen in Somali life,

but I reckon its worth the read. After all, it just a fiction story. Enjoy!

Ibtisam   

Somali version of Mills and Blues at last, based on just Ms Moon Posted!!! I can't read it, made me cringe, plus the guy she described as a diamond looks like a regular farah with bad taste in clothing to be the hero in her story :o:D :D

Good on her, maybe she should publish it;

JB and Alphy, I bet IF it was a guy who wrote it, one of you would've posted the whole content of be blog on here and the other would've LOOOOL'ed all the way home and posted it on his FB!

Ms MoOns   

JB and Alphy, I bet IF it was a guy who wrote it, one of you would've posted the whole content of be blog on here and the other would've LOOOOL'ed all the way home and posted it on his FB!

looll @ Ibti .. spot on!

I didn't like her diamond among rocks faarax, but it's her Faarax, so overlooked that bit :P

Having that said, I like her stories, cuz they seem a bit surrealistic in Somali sense,

which is why I am still interested to see where this story is going ... :D

@ Aaliyyah, hope you like it!

Ms MoOns   

Plus I think she (the writer) watched too many hindi movies ... the couple in the story don't seem to talk for ages, and just simply look at each other, and somehow a lot happens in those gazing moments :P

''I wrapped my fingers around his waiting hands and followed as he led me to the dance floor. He stopped, turned around and walked towards me, still holding my hand. I watched him as he studied me just as I had him, he studied my features as he stepped closer, his eyes lingering at my eyes and slowly making their way to my lips. He stepped closer, to the point where his breathe tickled my cheeks, and he lifted his hand, and ran his fingers through my hair. ''I'm so glad I went to the hairdressers'' I thought, as he lightly fingered my hair. He ran his fingers through my hair and rested his hand on my left shoulder and began to sway to the music.''

Chimera   

LOL, if I had caressed my fiancee's hair on our first encounter, she would've given me a headbutt. This seems more like romantic literature to me than anything real-life.

Ibtisam   

Chimera it is not real life, it is romantic literature, she wants to get published- bit like soft romance novels.

Ms Moon, lots of repeating the same words and descriptions, are the characters all Somali? If so it needs excitement, the energy and loudness of the Somalis.

Chimera   

Haha, I found out who this talented writer is, I used troll with her on the S-life forum, she's good-looking too, now I know what kind of fantasies revolved in her head. :D

Ibtisam, then she is making the biggest mistake in her potential writing-career. I myself wanted to blog a novel, only to find out that MOST publishers will not touch a story that has been self-published on the internet for free(because that's what blogging a story essentially is). Unless she's going to self-publish, it would be wise for her to pull everything off the internet, finish the story, then submit to an agent.

There is a high chance she will find one, as writers from largely unrepresented communities, with unique stories are something the big houses like Harpercollins love to purchase.

Juxa   

I read some of her entries and thought it was playful and funny.

I dont think it is fair to call her names, blogging is all about being creative and enjoying your hobbies no?

Chimera   

Its highly likely the prolific SOLer "The_Siren" is the same person. I knew I recognised the writing and humor.