Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Is there too much hatred in SOL lately? Waa Qodob Su'aaloo - Qof Waliba Siday Tahay Ha u Qaato!!

Magool

Waa qaali malabkuye

Qiimaha la siistiyo

Inta xiiso loo qabo

Indinkuba qiyaasoo

Haddii aan qadhaadh jirin

Miyaad qiri lahaydeen

Waa qodon su’aalloo

Qof waliba siday tahay

Ha u qaato leeyahay

Qawedaayoow

Marka qayrkaa

Qoorta xiiraba

Adna qoysoo

Axmed Mooge

Waa qaali nabaduye

Nin qumaati ugu leday

Qushigii u meel maray

Idinkuba qiyaasoo

Haddii aan qalooc jirin

Miyaad qiri lahaydeen?

Waa qodob su’aalloo

Qof waliba siday tahay

Ha u qaato leeyahay

Nin qaabweyniyo

Nimaan uba qabin

Is qaniinee

Hays qadariyeen

Maryan Mursal

Waa qaali caashaqa

Qalibigaaga doorshee

Qays lagu xasuustee

Idinkuba qiyaasoo

Haddaan qaar u go’ay jirin

Miyaad qiri lahaydeen??

Waa qodob su;aalloo

Qof waliba sidaay tahay

Ha u qaato leeyahay

Ka qoslaayiyo kan ku qoonsaday

Is qardoofee - yay is qaabilin

Cumar Dhuulle

Waa qaali noloshiyo

Qalinkiyo tacliintube

Ninka qoray juquraafiga

Indinkuba qiyaasoo

Haddaan qiil yaruhu jirin

Miyaad qiri lahaydeen

Waa qodob su;aalloo

Qof waliba sidaay tahay

Ha u qaato leeyahay

Ninka quud jecel kaan u quudhayn

Kala quustee

Hala qaybsado

Ibtisam   

That is a lot of quotes. Yes, far too much hate. After reading SOL I wonder if Somalis greet each other with "state your clan", waali.com

*Ibtisam;721877 wrote:
That is a lot of quotes. Yes, far too much hate. After reading SOL I wonder if Somalis greet each other with "state your clan", waali.com

Hello Ibtisaam - long time no hear - your sanity is sourly missed around here.

Re - Somali greeting - rumour has it - the original greeting went something along the lines of : "Ma Nabad baa inaka dhexeysa mise colaad" - over the years it got shorten to: Ma nabad baa?

So ma nabad baa Ibti? :D

Ibtisam   

Loool@Ma Nabad baa inaka dhexeysa mise colaad"

Nabad Sayid, although I have not been to Qardo yet. I am going to go inshallah next month, any tips :D (also please dont arrange for my kidnapping)

Juxa   

Sayid howl la aan baa ka badatay? yaa ku dhahay somali baa is neceb, look at ibti and I , sownagan indhaheena iska jecel?

ps: you killed beautiful song

pss: i will pay £1000 for ibti inlagu garaaco babis

Only I don't like certain people from a certain desert little town but otherwise, I can withstand the shooting matches between (let's be honest) between northerners.

Ibtisam   

Juxa!!!! Loool, why are you giving this man money to beat me with a babis!! You know they have no limitation, they will beat me with daghax!

CHe :D lol

Liqaye   

Well S*S, I think its not so much a case of hatred but either a skewered view of things or a very poor grasp of what is acceptable debating tactics.

We all, including my self are guilty of being too vigorous or indeed down right abusive in the way we debate with each other in particular on the politics forum, there is a certain meme going on where debate is confined to personal attacks, where even positive social-economic developments in certain areas of Somalia, that in either wise sane minds would be applauded by all Somalis is vilified on SOL and immediately rubbished in the most asinine and unproductive way!

Many productive discussions degenerate into a a shouting match of increasingly ill temper and obnoxious reposite's by many on SOL, this obviously can not lead to any sort of amity by the avatar's on this website.

Obviously there are clear divisions of opinion on SOL and this in the end is a debating forum, but I often feel that the line dividing positions are often as thin as a line drawn on the ground, even where the debate highlights glaring difference's, sane debate would have come up with a middle ground or indeed a respectful agreement to disagree.

Some times I think that perhaps part of the reason is that so many contributors are quurba-joog, not to gainsay the fantastic contributions to Somalia in thought and practice by the Somali diaspora, I think a certain age group might not have out grown or been exposed to anything other than the unfortunate foibles and opinions of their parents in the diaspora.

Living in Africa one sees how Somali's of all walks of life pull together be it in donations for countrywide efforts or in any and all issues facing Somali's, this puts paid to the vehemence of denunciations and starry eyed support of positions with out facing the reality on the ground in Africa.

SOL of course is a cut above the rest of all the other qabilist trash talking Somali "websites & Forums" out there due to the individual and collective efforts of the admin and moderators, of which I know we are ALL truly grateful for,, but in the end perhaps it might take a generation or two for Somali's to discuss issues in such a malevolent/evangelistic way!

Perhaps if we all gave each other the benefit of the doubt we would be less strident in our denunciations and admiring the sound of our own posts so much.

But in the end S*S there will not be a cumbaya moment but a little more civility in our opinions and discussions will be most appropriate.

P.S but as serious suggestions to administration may be they should increase the remit of what is considered an "offence" against forum rules beyond just using qabiil names e.t.c, to include the use of derogatory arguments/nicknames, or obvious and I mean OBVIOUS trolling activities by the flood of new members in particular on the politics forum.

Also I think the QC on new members has got alot to be desired, they all sound to be the same 3 or 4 people, for me that is a suspicion but it would cost nothing to check the I.P address of previously banned members against the new members who sound so much like them. :)

Alxamdullilaah haddii nabad inaga dhexeyso - As for tips for your trip toQardho – Weligaaga sii kaxayso – Waalidadana leave at the walls of Burco :D

Ahlan Dumaashi - dee jacaylkaad isu qabtaan la wadaaga walaalahiina SOL.

re - killing the song - waa saad u qaadatay :P

Liqaye;721893 wrote:
Well S*S, I think its not so much a case of hatred but either a skewered view of things or a very poor grasp of what is acceptable debating tactics.

We all, including my self are guilty of being too vigorous or indeed down right abusive in the way we debate with each other in particular on the politics forum, there is a certain meme going on where debate is confined to personal attacks, where even positive social-economic developments in certain areas of Somalia, that in either wise sane minds would be applauded by all Somalis is vilified on SOL and immediately rubbished in the most asinine and unproductive way!

Many productive discussions degenerate into a a shouting match of increasingly ill temper and obnoxious reposite's by many on SOL, this obviously can not lead to any sort of amity by the avatar's on this website.

Obviously there are clear divisions of opinion on SOL and this in the end is a debating forum, but I often feel that the line dividing positions are often as thin as a line drawn on the ground, even where the debate highlights glaring difference's, sane debate would have come up with a middle ground or indeed a respectful agreement to disagree.

Some times I think that perhaps part of the reason is that so many contributors are quurba-joog, not to gainsay the fantastic contributions to Somalia in thought and practice by the Somali diaspora, I think a certain age group might not have out grown or been exposed to anything other than the unfortunate foibles and opinions of their parents in the diaspora.

Living in Africa one sees how Somali's of all walks of life pull together be it in donations for countrywide efforts or in any and all issues facing Somali's, this puts paid to the vehemence of denunciations and starry eyed support of positions with out facing the reality on the ground in Africa.

SOL of course is a cut above the rest of all the other qabilist trash talking Somali "websites & Forums" out there due to the individual and collective efforts of the admin and moderators, of which I know we are ALL truly grateful for,, but in the end perhaps it might take a generation or two for Somali's to discuss issues in such a malevolent/evangelistic way!

Perhaps if we all gave each other the benefit of the doubt we would be less strident in our denunciations and admiring the sound of our own posts so much.

But in the end S*S there will not be a cumbaya moment but a little more civility in our opinions and discussions will be most appropriate.

P.S but as serious suggestions to administration may be they should increase the remit of what is considered an "offence" against forum rules beyond just using qabiil names e.t.c, to include the use of derogatory arguments/nicknames, or obvious and I mean OBVIOUS trolling activities by the flood of new members in particular on the politics forum.

Also I think the QC on new members has got alot to be desired, they all sound to be the same 3 or 4 people, for me that is a suspicion but it would cost nothing to check the I.P address of previously banned members against the new members who sound so much like them.
:)

Thank you very much - well said.

Juxa   

I think there is no need for HATE, we have enough back home and shont import it to SOL as well

People sometimes fail to understand that it is ok to have differences, it is ok to disagree but it is important to operate within the bounderies of common sense and decency.

Touchy subjects such as politics and Qabiil should be at best be discussed with great tact and sensitivities.

I’ve decided to stop visiting the politics section for my own sanity. Far too much hatred and division. What’s more disheartening is when informative and frankly optimistic yet realistic posts are cut down by lunatics. If you don’t have anything positive to say then don’t say anything at all. I’ll try to live by this.