Sign in to follow this  
Ismahaan

A great Restaurant for all -nomads

N.O.R.F   

What is a restaurant in the Somali qurbo context? There are those who want something heavy very quickly ie the usual maqaaxi serving the usual menus (barris/baasto + hilib/digaag). This Nomad restaurant looks nice but who is it targeting? It is inevitable that all kinds of people will come and try the food. The guy about to go and chew as well as the professional who has just left work (or he could be both heh). Couples would want to go but would be put off if its accessible to one and all.

Ismahaan   

Juxa;718872 wrote:
Ismahaan and Zack, I dont want to be unfair to Nomad but I have asked around and i heard it is not special, plus it is next door to Marfish so not best place for a ladyyyyyyyyyyyy to visit.

To be honest with you I've not seen any marfish close to nomad however Marfish is every corner of shepherd bush sweetie even blue oceon have shisha and marfish next to it. But then again this could be just a rumor! The closest restaurant near nomad is a Sudanese restaurant. Anyhow qofta indhaha markaay kuu kala war wareejisey maad dharbaaxo indhaha kaga soo qaadi?:D

Ismahaan   

N.O.R.F;718879 wrote:
What is a restaurant in the Somali qurbo context? There are those who want something heavy very quickly ie the usual maqaaxi serving the usual menus (barris/baasto + hilib/digaag). This Nomad restaurant looks nice but who is it targeting? It is inevitable that all kinds of people will come and try the food. The guy about to go and chew as well as the professional who has just left work (or he could be both heh). Couples would want to go but would be put off if its accessible to one and all.

You raise some good questions but we should ask the owner, infact I may ask him/her next time about their target markets! I think they caters to almost all kinds of people. Anigu 2 times tagey oo cadaan, hindi and somali ba waa joogeen. Maybe international rabaan in aay ka dhigaan not sure.

^^Having been to quite a few of these restaurants i have to say i give a wide berth to somali eateries. i always found Blue Ocean and the likes nauseating due to the truly uninviting and abhorrent aroma (maybe i was unlucky) this coupled with the bad lighting (i like to see what i'm eating) and the blaring loud music all serve to undermine the experience.

The best Somali restaurant in my opinion was the one on fulham palace road in Hammersmith called The Village Restaurant.

http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/restaurants/village-restaurant-info-59710.html

Food was great and appetising. Reasonably priced and a fantastic service to boot. This was far superior to any other Somali restaurant i had visited. I'm not sure if its still around though.

Juxa   

I agree with Arch, Village was amazing then the owner Ahmed left and it was not the same again. they had fantastic service and the food was ok

Ismahaan as i said i have not been there but that is what i heard, i may try maybe one day. I dont like going to restaurants such as blue ocean, labada lugood baan isku dhufsadaa yaxyax dartii, too many men standing by the pavement looking, looking until you fell over.

oh well i may open a restaurant myself as i am great cook if and when i find the kitchen

Ismahaan   

The best Somali restaurant in my opinion was the one on fulham palace road in Hammersmith called The Village Restaurant.

I thought they closed that place down! Actually i've heard there was a dispute between the chef restaurant and some other owners . He (the chef restaurant) left and he now begun opening restaurants outside the UK, beginning with village restaurant in muqadisho (Villa somalia). I've seen him on Universal TV.Smart huh.

BOB   

The Zack;718827 wrote:
^Lix doolar or whatever you folks call your currency sounds cheap. Bob cheapsanaa LOL qaalisanaa kulahaa.

Ninyahow cheapnimo ma ahee Millionka aan safe gareenaayo ayeey short galineysaa especially now that I'm a full time student iyo iskaabulo. Allah hanaga wada saaro iskaabulonimada wallee lama amaanin kaa. :D. Peace, Love & Unity.

Ismahaan   

Ismahaan as i said i have not been there but that is what i heard, i may try maybe one day. I dont like going to restaurants such as blue ocean, labada lugood baan isku dhufsadaa yaxyax dartii, too many men standing by the pavement looking, looking until you fell over.

I know what u mean sis meeshaas soomaalida dhan hor istaagta but their food and service waa ok. Nomad waxaan uga helay markaan arkay oodkac (luqmad) iyo caano geel. They have traditional food and also nomad nimadaa ka muuqata very proud camal. ANigu wax kasta somali culture ku base garaysan waan iska jeceylahay marka bal soo yara booqo oo ila arag!:)

oh well i may open a restaurant myself as i am great cook if and when i find the kitchen

II soo sheeg aan makhaayad isla furanee , i am a good learner but i am not a good cook, I usually choose microwaveable food over the meals that need extensive preparation and cooking.:)

Juxa   

lol@microwave. ok partner, i cook and you invest ££££ done

i shall try to visit nomad, i do love caano-geel. i will say hi if i see a lady with jeeg-caano geel next to her, i shall assume it is you

BOB   

Ismahaan;718830 wrote:
The zack u sheeg! BOB waba gacan adeeg miiraan hadii islaantu raacdo waay ku wareeri doontaa suu u leeyahay naa kaas waa qaali e ha cunin!
:D

Cidhweynida anigaa isku nacay oo isku karaahsaday ee ma mid kalaan tabar u hayaa? Horta UK waxaan Ugu imi rag xaasas leh oo hadana maalin walba iyo galin walbaba maqaaxi ka cunteeyo and for me that's totally unacceptable sababtoo ah sharafta waxee ku jirtaa ninka iney marwadiida wax u kariso maalintee xanuunsantahay ama ay yara caajisantahay isaga ha u kariyo laakiin maalin walbo inuu annagii iskaabulada aheyn uu kuraasta naga buuxiyo waa khalad waxaas ee eesh haada yaa gabdho? Maqaayadahan la sheegayo waan wada tagay all from BLue Ocean to The Village waxaan fatiiko aheen meesha kuma hayaan marka for me home cooked meal by abaayo macaan is what I would ALWAYS prefer over this 'Look At Me' nonsense ee maqaayadaha Soomaalida lagu hayo...that's me reporting Live from some council estate in Leeds...Over & Out. Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

N.O.R.F;718812 wrote:
I hope they are treating you well up north saxib. Best place in England :cool: If you are in need of good ole Somali restaurants then there are plenty. Chances are you will be served by a cousin of mine

. I've been to Caynaba and they make one mean Xaniid and I've met the funniest Somali guy I've ever met called Ismail ' One Minute' lool what a name...I'm told he's an absolute legend in Sheffield marfishs and never pays for jaad...We were introduced and we clicked straight away maybe because I was his fellow Gooner amongst plenty of plastic Utd & Chelsea fans...as you'd expect I've beento both Bramall Lane and Hillsbrough and I feel sorry for both of them especially for Wednesday which introduced us to Di Canio and Carbone. Peace, Love & Unity.

Ismahaan   

Juxa;718915 wrote:
lol@microwave. ok partner, i cook and you invest ££££ done

i shall try to visit nomad, i do love caano-geel. i will say hi if i see a lady with jeeg-caano geel next to her, i shall assume it is you

Jeeg caano geel i was thinking what is jeeg but now i know after calling around.Thanks for the laugh! Yeah why not hadaa timaadi at least oodkac and caano geel soo cabti khasaaro ma aha.:D

Ismahaan   

=BOB;718922] would ALWAYS prefer over this 'Look At Me' nonsense ee maqaayadaha Soomaalida lagu hayo...

Hadiiba aad ur meal sameeysan karti uma baahnid makhaayad soomaaliyeed in my point of veiw. Laakiin dee makhaayaduhu waxaa loogu tala galay farahs ka iyo xaliimooyinka cuntada laga habaaray.:D

BOB   

Ismahaan;718929 wrote:
Hadiiba aad ur meal sameeysan karti uma baahnid makhaayad soomaaliyeed in my point of veiw. Laakiin dee makhaayaduhu waxaa loogu tala galay farahs ka iyo xaliimooyinka cuntada laga habaaray.

. Do you mean Farah & Xalimos meeting place after the Shisha joints has become the restaurants? No wonder meeshu is rife with young Farahs on the prawl and Xaliimos BB'ng her whereabouts so that Farah could start headhunting her!!! in my days things were less dramatic and traumatic...Good God. lol@ Duceysane, According to Al Facshir (SOL Weekly tabloid) Ismahaan waa 11 going 22 but Zack waa oday oo 84 kii markaan gurmadka ahaa ayaan macalinka taariikhda u ahaa isagoo markaa Standard 7 ah marka ninku yuusan ku dirin waa oday gowso dhcsaday oo waa kuwa marka la fiiriyo loo moodo iney teens yihiin. :D. Peace, Love & Unity.