Sign in to follow this  
Somalina

Photographer's girlfriend pays loving tribute to her 'Timinator'

Che -Guevara;714285 wrote:
^Can your idea of 'liberal' Muslim be little original atleast?

People what's issue here? Your personal feelings aside, is there specific text in the Quran or hadith that forbids a relationship between a Muslim and non-Muslim man?

Yes akhi, its clear in the teachings of Islam that muslim women and non-muslim men can't have relationship, let alone marriage.

And there is consensus in this topic among Muslims.

They nomad that mentions Hassan turabi, dont know what he is talking about. Hassan turabi lives in Sudan right know, and is not by any means a scholar. By this I mean that he has made ​​so many mistakes that now one consideres him as "a great scholars of Islam"!

If u want, you can show us hes fatwa about this, and than we'll see as u put it "his juridical arguments"!!

This man(Torabi) is quoted as saying that "women can lead in Salah(prayer)", something that all Muslims in the world knows full well is not allowed, even the kids.

He is also quoted as saying that the hijab Muslim women wears, was actually only for wifes of prophet (alayhi wasalam salallahu), therefor Muslim women do need to wear it all!

when the quranic verses that speaks about the hijab says:

O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters
and the women of the believers

So to say that his opinion about these issues is "a opinion of scholar" is an insult against Islam and its scholars.

Another thing is, Muslims do not take the opinion of people living today(when is comes to Islam), unless their position and understanding is in accordance with the people who came before them, People like the prophet(salallahu alayhi wasalam), his followers and those who came after them, its those The three generations everything must be returned to.

And there is generally no reason to have a debate with a person that directly contradicts the Koran, then want us to follow their narrow understanding of "freedom"!

When the person first agree with you that it is only Allah who makes laws, and only him we believe in, you can take small issue up as marriage, etc. But the person who denies the essence of Allah's right to legislate, is a waste of time to argue with.

About the relationship between non muslim men, and muslim women The Quran clearly states:

“And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al‑Mushrikoon till they believe (in Allaah Alone)"

PS. When people refer Idil Ibrahim as a Muslim, though I personally do not know this, it's because we hope the best for her. I like to think the best thing for her, cuz it's Islamicly correct, is called "Husn al athan"= Basicly is means to think the best for people, in western term it's "benefit of the doubt"!

Mohammed   

We can never ever say Idil Ibrahim is not a muslim unless she commits shirk, because that's the only thing that takes you outside the fold of Islam. Everything else is considered a sin. Some sins are grave and serious (such as killing, rape, adultry etc) while others are minor (such as swearing, not wearing the hijab etc).

Unless she has come out and stated she is no longer a muslim like that Ayan Hirsi, then we must believe she is a muslim sinning.

Some of the posts in here have been very distasteful. From both sides.

I agree with Chimera that some professional Somali women are more likely to marry non Somalis partly because of a lack of equal numbers of professsional Somali men within their social/working environments.

However i do not think it a sign of sophistication, nor one of social advancement on her part or on the Somali community's part. It is not something to be proud of, but neither is it something to get worked up about.

If anything it is something to ignore, because

A) As a competent adult it is her decison whom she chooses to have a relationship with, and eventually hers will be the consequences.

B) Unfortunately, it is inevitable that in a western society where Somali men are incredibly outnumbered, some of our young women will find themselves in relationships with non Somalis and non Muslims.

Contrary to Prometheus' post (who interestingly presents neither verse nor quote to support the supposed ambigious nature of Islam's position on female interfaith marriage), Islamic scriptures make it clear that a muslim woman marrying a non muslim is not permissible, so we may not approve of it (certainly i do not approve of it) but our approval hardly matters to her or other young somali women in her situation.

As with many things in life, it is down to the family to imbue their young men and women with sufficient knowledge, appreciation and respect for their Islamic and Somali heritage for them to favour relationships with muslims, and it is in our best interest that the overwhelming majority of these relationships are with other Somalis.

We can learn a lot from Western liberal culture, but a blasé attittude towards whom our young men and women marry is not conducive to a strong, unified Somali diaspora, and more importantly is incongruous with our religion.

Miskiin wrote the following:

Yes akhi, its clear in the teachings of Islam that muslim women and muslim men can't have relationship, let alone marriage.

According to Miskiin, Muslim men and Muslim women are forbidden from marriage. In the above quote, Miskiin clearly states, marriage between Muslim men and women is not permissible.

Miskiin appears to be saying that he is the authority for everything Islam. In other thread, he stated that its Waajib for women to wear niqab. I'm shocked at the above quote because I didnt believe when some nomads warned me about him and said he was certifiable until I read the above quote. Its good thing miskiin asked for Allah's forgiveness, may your sins be washed for misrepresenting Islam.... my advise is to go back to your deen and strengthen your imaam. You are not fit to speak about delicate issues that deal with the faith.

yours truly, and forever,

LayZie G.

Centurion-Considering what he wrote here and in other threads, I think Prometheus has problem with religion itself and Idil issue is a mere symptom of Islamic doctrine. It will be helpful if he declares his position on religion as this will make the discussion more honest debate.

Miskin....I was merely trying to get people to detach your personal attitudes from religious convictions. If I understand Chimera right, Idil appeals to his view but from purely religious perspective, Idil's relationship is not Islamically suctioned. Now, if one wants to challenge the texts, then that's another story.

Taleexi   

War wax fahan.... Idil hadday muslim tahay dee way yare denbaabtay sida aynu dhamaanteenba u dembaabno balse saaxiibtinimo intiamcy wadata iyo guur nin gaal ah iyo gabar/dh muslimad ah waa XAARAAN. Be mind noqo muslim and abide its rules and regulations or don't be and ifcal maa shita war anagaa belo nala tusay.... intaas bayba sheekadu ku dhan tahay.

gooni   

Gabadha maaha arintu, makhaayadda waxa shiday waa dadka ku taliyay tacsi kal iyo laab ah iyo in ubax cas la qaato intay gabadhu bakhtiga gaalka afka ka dhunkanaysana ha la agtaagnaado ayadoo waliba hoos la fiiranayo xushmo daraadeed.

Taleexi   

Gooni-yow waad iga qoslisay.... waa la jabi jiray ee tanina ma inoo danbaysey :) tolow maxaa ku xigi doona waa iga su'aale?

Subhan Allah, my post was a mistake! I of course meant, muslim women, and non muslim men! That's why I used the vers from the Quran.

“And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al‑Mushrikoon till they believe (in Allaah Alone)"

It was a mistake.

But of course LayZie u really enjoyed that, ala sidaad u jeclaan lahayd that I really meant that. Qof aduunka dhihi kara "muslimiintu isma guursan karaan" ma jirto. Subxan Allah, qalad bay ahayd, fartaa iga xaday, but it's incredible how much LayZie enjoyed this and further wrote:

Miskiin appears to be saying that he is the authority for everything Islam. In other thread, he stated that its Waajib for women to wear niqab. I'm shocked at the above quote because I didnt believe when some nomads warned me about him and said he was certifiable

Lol, it's ok, dacaayadda iska sii wad, If u look at the vers I used, u would have seen that it was clearly a mistake. About the niqab, You run around and use this as a scare campaign against me, in every one of u'r post, go ahead.

And Aaamin, may Allah forgive me for again and again.