Sign in to follow this  
Somalina

Photographer's girlfriend pays loving tribute to her 'Timinator'

I wondered what was so interesting about a tribute to a photographer to take it to 7 pages. Should have guessed some random Somali girl would be getting a cyber lynching.

Somalina;714495 wrote:

:D

That was pretty intense, but she defended herself well.

Al-Miskiin;714314 wrote:

PS. When people refer Idil Ibrahim as a Muslim, though I personally do not know this, it's because we hope the best for her. I like to think the best thing for her, cuz it's Islamicly correct, is called "Husn al athan"= Basicly is means to think the best for people, in western term it's "benefit of the doubt"!

Aqoontu waa taa!

Idil, aside from the fact that she was born and grew up here in the US when there weren't that many Muslims/Somalis around, IS a Muslim. She loves being Muslim. She advocates Muslims. And when it comes to Somali issues, she is an asset. Her most recent efforts were about documenting Somali diaspora voices ...she sat down with Imaams, elders, women, and families to capture the true narrative of Somalis in the US.

That is the big picture, ikhyaarta. Details of her personal life, may not be pleasing as personal lives usually are. Laakiin gabadha yaan lagu fogaan.

I wondered what was so interesting about a tribute to a photographer to take it to 7 pages. Should have guessed some random Somali girl would be getting a cyber lynching.

and dont forget, it has has over 5000 hits....lynch mobs have a way of attracting audience.

val, the fitnah was started by ayeeyo Somalina.....she went out of her way to search for the story and if that wasnt bad, she provided the arsenal, oops, I meant the poor girl's picture.

PS: forgive me Somalina for I have sinned.....hahahaha, but seriously, did you have to post her picture? ofcourse not but this topic is non-issue for me and it should be non-issue for the rest of us, including the 'hurlers'...

Malika   

^Oh yeah, pretty thing she is too - got all the guys screaming - how dare she?..Lol

As they say, your born alone and die alone - folks should mind their own business. I am sure we are all human, with many flaws either hidden or public.

BOB - waxaad tirii, you never go out with non-Somalis, does that mean you go out with Somalis?..:D:D tuuff tuuff ceeb tacaal akhii..:D [please dont be mad for the qarxiis]..lol

Malika   

^Lol, your asking the obvious inadeer.

ps. I must add, It is Islamic to mention a wrong - correct a mistake of a Muslim and its a duty that is on all of us. Nevertheless I believe its not appropriet to discuss the mistake or the wrong doing in public - especially if the person involved isnt even present.

Somalina   

Hey hey LG! hold on a sec there girlfriend! what do you mean I went out of my way? I was reading about the tragic death of Tim Hetherington. I'm fan of his work may he rest in peace.

These haters who pretend to be pious muslims are always badmouthing and hurling insults at everything and anything Somali, nothing new here really, same story different day.

Wash your mouth with soap LG. :D

Somalina   

LayZie G.;714734 wrote:

PS: forgive me Somalina for I have sinned.....hahahaha, but seriously, did you have to post her picture? ofcourse not but this topic is non-issue for me and it should be non-issue for the rest of us, including the 'hurlers'...

Ok fine! I forgive you. :D

I posted the article with the pics that came with it. I don't see why I should've left out Idil's pic, surely someone else would've posted it and the same mob would've issued fatwas. The reality is that nothing stops these haters from hating on Somali women, absolutely nothing!

Centurion;714349 wrote:
Some of the posts in here have been very distasteful. From both sides.

I agree with Chimera that some professional Somali women are more likely to marry non Somalis partly because of a lack of equal numbers of professsional Somali men within their social/working environments.

However i do not think it a sign of sophistication, nor one of social advancement on her part or on the Somali community's part. It is not something to be proud of, but neither is it something to get worked up about.

If anything it is something to ignore, because

A) As a competent adult it is her decison whom she chooses to have a relationship with, and eventually hers will be the consequences.

B) Unfortunately, it is inevitable that in a western society where Somali men are incredibly outnumbered, some of our young women will find themselves in relationships with non Somalis and non Muslims.

Contrary to Prometheus' post (who interestingly presents neither verse nor quote to support the supposed ambigious nature of Islam's position on female interfaith marriage), Islamic scriptures make it clear that a muslim woman marrying a non muslim is not permissible, so we may not approve of it (certainly i do not approve of it) but our approval hardly matters to her or other young somali women in her situation.

As with many things in life, it is down to the family to imbue their young men and women with sufficient knowledge, appreciation and respect for their Islamic and Somali heritage for them to favour relationships with muslims, and it is in our best interest that the overwhelming majority of these relationships are with other Somalis.

We can learn a lot from Western liberal culture, but a blasé attittude towards whom our young men and women marry is not conducive to a strong, unified Somali diaspora, and more importantly is incongruous with our religion.

Well said!

Somalina, I agree with you whole heartly and as do most people...but, and yes, there is a but coming...all of this was unnessary. If you wanted to mourn for the deceased, you should have done it in private and not at the expense of his girlfriend.:cool:

Somalina   

LayZie G.;714798 wrote:
Somalina, I agree with you whole heartly and as do most people...but, and yes, there is a but coming...all of this was unnessary. If you wanted to mourn for the deceased, you should have done it in private and not at the expense of his girlfriend.:cool:

lmao... I will try to remember that next time. :D

Khayr   

{ وَلاَ تَنْكِحُواْ ٱلْمُشْرِكَاتِ حَتَّىٰ يُؤْمِنَّ وَلأَمَةٌ مُّؤْمِنَةٌ خَيْرٌ مِّن مُّشْرِكَةٍ وَلَوْ أَعْجَبَتْكُمْ وَلاَ تُنْكِحُواْ ٱلْمُشِرِكِينَ حَتَّىٰ يُؤْمِنُواْ وَلَعَبْدٌ مُّؤْمِنٌ خَيْرٌ مِّن مُّشْرِكٍ وَلَوْ أَعْجَبَكُمْ أُوْلَـٰئِكَ يَدْعُونَ إِلَى ٱلنَّارِ وَٱللَّهُ يَدْعُوۤاْ إِلَى ٱلْجَنَّةِ وَٱلْمَغْفِرَةِ بِإِذْنِهِ وَيُبَيِّنُ آيَاتِهِ لِلنَّاسِ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَتَذَكَّرُونَ }

(Wed not idolatresses). This was revealed about Marthad Ibn Abi Marthad Al-Ghanawi who wanted to marry an idolatress woman by the name of 'Inaq. Allah prohibited such marriage, saying: do not marry idolatresses women (till they believe) in Allah; (for lo! A believing bondwoman) marrying a believing slave woman (is better than an idolatress) who is a free woman (though she pleases you) though you may like her comeliness and beauty; (and give not your daughters in marriage to idolaters till they believe) in Allah, (for lo! A believing slave) Allah says: giving your daughters in marriage to a believing slave (is better than an idolater) is better than your daughter marrying an idolater who is free (though he pleases you) though his body and strength may please you. (These invite unto the Fire) they invite to disbelief and to works that lead to hell, (and Allah inviteth unto the Garden) by means of His divine Oneness, (and unto forgiveness) through repentance (by His grace) by His leave, (and He expoundeth thus His revelations) His commands and prohibitions regarding marriage (to mankind that they may remember) so that they may take admonition and refrain from unlawful marriage

Al Baqarah, v. 221

Wa kalimutuAllah xeeya al cuuliya!

Khayr   

LayZie G.;714427 wrote:
Miskiin wrote the following:

According to Miskiin, Muslim men and Muslim women are forbidden from marriage. In the above quote, Miskiin clearly states, marriage between Muslim men and women is not permissible.

Miskiin appears to be saying that he is the authority for everything Islam. In other thread, he stated that its Waajib for women to wear niqab. I'm shocked at the above quote because I didnt believe when some nomads warned me about him and said he was certifiable until I read the above quote. Its good thing miskiin asked for Allah's forgiveness, may your sins be washed for misrepresenting Islam.... my advise is to go back to your deen and strengthen your imaam. You are not fit to speak about delicate issues that deal with the faith.

yours truly, and forever,

LayZie G.

For some strange reason, all I can remember are the stories of Abdullah ibn Ubayy and his people.

Now what was Miskiin saying about Muslim women and non-Muslim men?s Now if only someone could beat it over Miskiin's head with it, what a relief that would be for him? The potential for growth is there, I just want him to grab it and run with it. Run ya Miskiin, run.

PS: Now that I have gotten to know Miskiin in action (the last week), he will come back with something close to, well I only emphasized the part that relates to women and ofcourse, this will absolve him, or so he thinks. Just like his so called gaffe from the previous page, he thinks that correction also absolved him.

Mida kale, Miskiin, you will probably never admit this in public, I dont know why you wont (I think you should) but you probably wont and this is because I think deep down you think women are second class citizens to men and your desire is to have submissive women, ones who follow you blindly. JUST LIKE THE SHEIKH PRESCRIBED IT AKA the Amir of your kingdom, aka SHEIKH ZUBEYR.

Khayr   

*Blessed;713888 wrote:
Say what you like, but this lady does not lack talent!

What you have done with that quote is under mine Yourself (as a Muslimah) and the worth of muslim women who take care of their families and do no envy the modern women's lifestyle. It is sad to see that you value and call her a women with "talent" when really she was a jahilla. All that talent amounts to Zero when Divine Law is trangressed.

Ya muqalibal quulub, thaabit quulubina caala deenak!