Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

iPhone revealed to track, log users' locations

Jacpher   

You may not know where you’re going in life, but you always know where you’ve been—and so does your iPhone. According to a story in The Guardian on Wednesday, the iPhone (and the 3G-enabled iPad) keeps a running log of its location and copies that information to your home computer whenever you connect to it. As such, the information—complete with latitude, longitude, and timestamps—can be easily reconstructed to show a person’s movements.

Read more

The Zack   

It is already known that the iPhone and Droids do keep log of the users' locations but how it can easily be reviewed on one's computer is just crazy! Islaamaha computer-ka ka ilaaliya lol.

Kool_Kat   

The Zack;713310 wrote:
It is already known that the iPhone and Droids do keep log of the users' locations but how it can easily be reviewed on one's computer is just crazy!
Islaamaha computer-ka ka ilaaliya lol.

Dee odayaashana ku dar! :P

Interesting article...

Jacpher   

Zack: The two guys found this file by accident and no one knew Apple was tracking user location, keeping a history of it and syncing it to your computer. I agree many apps collect location services but those can be enabled/disabled anytime. However, this log is sitting on your iDevice and transferred to the computer by iTunes. Still, no one has access to the data unless they physically get hold of your iphone/computer. Soo daawo mar dhow Apple doing a damage control campaign.

Here's the video.

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

The Zack   

Jacphar, I agree.. but the government always tracks all devices regardless if you turn on/off your gps settings. Again, this file that can be loaded to your computer is just a total mess! Privacy under attack ahaa.

Complete   

I was just reading this on Gizmodo. This is ridiculous beyond belief and I have to share the discussion The Young Turks had about this disastrous tracker. They really nail it spot on.