Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Trend:New Female (Somali) Singers - Are they flops or fantastic?

Paragon   

Sagal arts:

Nimco daren:

Ikraan Caraale:

Shamso Maxamed Foot:

Farxiya fiska:

Farxiya kabayare:

Amina dhool:

Nimco Xassan:

and others you may add....

Paragon, su'aal:

#1: Why only the "new female singers" category? Why not the new male category and all boqol of them who come out with videos on an hourly basis and post it on youtube?

#2: As a man, would you have initiated this discussion if you were not bombarded with the videos of the female newcomers on your Universal screen instead of male new comers? (there are boqolaad , all of whom come out with a single and flop on the first 30seconds)

#3: Do you think the list of female newcomers (above) are a flop or fantastic?

they are good looking. gone are days when a fatty prune could impress people by her vocals cords. but, echoing JB words, these new singers are not as talented as older singers, as least from an ''artistic value'' viewpoint.

Paragon   

^:D@fatty prune. Exactimo! JB and Alpha, agreed. Some have to prove themslelves by first covering old songs so as to give signal to composers/music-makers that they're worth a new song. Like pop-idols, they parade their talent and music-makes pick and choose.

LayZie G.;706167 wrote:
Paragon, su'aal:

#1: Why only the "new female singers" category? Why not the new male category and all boqol of them who come out with videos on an hourly basis and post it on youtube?

#2: As a man, would you have initiated this discussion if you were not bombarded with the videos of the female newcomers on your Universal screen instead of male new comers? (there are boqolaad , all of whom come out with a single and flop on the first 30seconds)

#3: Do you think the list of female newcomers (above) are
a flop or fantastic
?

Layzie G, jawaab,

#Why only this category? Because I do actually welcome their arrival into the music scene. To be frank, I vowed never to listen to female Somali singers as long as the old habro are on the stage. But lately, the Universal screen has got that bit more enchanting as it broadcasts creatures agreeable to a man's hearing faculty. And also a chance for younger upcomers. As for males, except the few good singers I've posted on SOL already, they aren't that promising talent-wise. They seem to lack that knack or may I say 'creative appeal' needed to endure in the scene, hence their swift demise or obscurity from the music business.

#As a man, ofcourse, I strife to give everyone (his/her talent) due credit. Such being my philosophy, I've come to revise how I often distribute my attention to talents of both gender, and now I must confess, my bias against the old habro might have previously made me to reject all female singers, talented or untalented.

Consequently, I rarely focused on, or may I say appreciated enough what Somali female have to offer; I don't remember posting much information about them on SOL. Only male, mostly, Qaraami/kaban singers - I admit to that. And my first notice of new female singers begun with one Farxiya Kabayare, when an old friend of mine now living in MN asked me to revisit my old promoting days and introduce/publicise Farxiya to UK shop-owners, websites and music lovers - I remember posting her on SOL if memory serves me right. From thereon, singers like her begun to trickle into a flood and I say to them good for you ladies. Equal rights at last.

Universal tv is a bland thing that mimics a 'television station' and literally repulses me with its assaulting commercial graphics. I remember watching it a time and coming off with 'amaana oolayn adeegeeda waa loo aayee' ad snippet stuck in my head for weeks - it felt like some low-tech brain-trashing electronic psy-op with delirious numb-skulls at its helm. Horn Cable Tv is suprisingly better albeit being a seperatist loud-mouth. Somali channel is zealots' den, and hell-bent on consfiscating anything of value off gullible Somali women who call in buy a duca for a dollar. So no tvs for Paragon, youtube's a better choice-rich pickings.

#Are these female Singers flop or fantastic? Some and some, my dear. And yes, sometimes telling the few that are flops is being cruel to be kind. Majority of them are talented - for me: F. Kabayare, Sagal arts, Fiska and Ikraan got the S-factor. :D

Hope I've answered your questions. I didn't intend to write that much but it's a....

Paragon   

Ifraax Amoore:

Halima Sharif:

Layla Abdillaahi Omar:

Ubax fahma & Sahra Ilays:

Ikran jama:

Sahra Halgan:

Aniisa Mahdi (cutie ;)):

Samsam Ali Rooble:

Paragon   

Waa dee Aniisa wayba istaahishaa in aad laba jeer sandulle igu la daawataan, hadaydan yeelaynse dee waa yeelkadiin, maxaa Burco idin ka keenay? :D

Aniisa ma ina Lib-geeraar baa dhalay? LOL

OK, enough with Aniisa yarey.

Waayaha cusub (girls):

Canab Ismaaciil Jaamac:

Fartun C. Dhuulle(did I post it?):

Amina ciise:

Rooda wacan:

Raxma Ruuxi (reer MN's star? :D):

Paragon   

Hodan Ali (boy can this lady can sing!):

Shamso Shumeeey waatanaa abaa- ka leexo lee :)):

'Dooqayga kuu rabo Wajeer baan ka helayaa. Wajeer's a hit!)

A cute Ethiopian babe singing 'Ladanoow!':

-----------------------------------

Paragon's fav'rites.

.......Amina Faarax(not relevant -just for me. Get me Ismahaam if you know. Old Djib classics ;)):

Ismahaan (found. Lovelist woman ever! I was smitted when I was younger ;)):

Complete   

I want to hear them sing live. Most of these women's voices have been processed by a machine. If Kim Zolciak's voice sounds good with the blessings of a little box, I sure hell can become a singer myself.

So far my vote is leaning towards Shamso Foot. I've heard a lot of her other pieces. It's pretty impressive if you ask me.

Don't want to be a party pooper but I totally forgot to mention how disastrous Somali music videos are. They have the same risque two step dance, funny green screen tricks, lip syncing is sometimes off or they give no emotion to their hees like Sagal Arts, and good Lord the amount of time it takes for the actual hees to begin. Cut it short. Farxiya Kabayare had an interesting video though.