Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Pakistan to support Somaliland recognition – Letter

Pakistan to support Somaliland recognition – Letter

The following is a statement from Pakistan’s Adviser on Consular Affairs between Foreign Affairs and Diplomatic Missions, Mr. Shafiq Ahmed Qureshi, calling on the new government to continue cooperation with the government of Pakistan.

Honorable His Excellency Ahmed M. Mahamoud Silanyo

President of the Republic of Somaliland.

I visited Republic of Somaliland in November 2009 on the invitation of the former President of the Republic of the Somaliland His Excellency Dahir Rayale Kahin. At that time I along with Deputy Secretary General of Pakistan ruling Government payed the visit as eye opening and facts finding. We stayed a couple of weeks and met all the cabinet members including Federal Minister of Foreign Affairs, State Minister of Foregien Affairs , Minister of Interior, Governor General of Somaliland Bank.

During the meetings it was decided that we will first initiate the opening of Somaliland Trade Office in Islamabad Pakistan so that trade should start up by both brotherly Muslim countries. The former Government took bold step and extended their hospitality and promised about the future cooperation for the establishing of Somaliland Trade Office in Islambad Pakistan. It was decided that the Pakistan will play its role in recognizing the Republic of Somaliland in the second phase.

Since our visit I am working personally (from the side of Government of Somaliland) for the last 3 years (using my own resources and efforts) and carried out all the duties of introducing the importance of Somaliland and applied for the No Objection Certificate at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Pakistan for which Alhamdulillah the Government of Pakistan finally acknolwedges the importance of the Opening of the Somaliland Trade Centre. Such a project require a lenghty procedure especially for a country which is not recognized that was the reason that it took so long time.

Now the , Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Pakistan is finally agreed about the opening of the Somaliland Trade Office in Islamabad Pakistan. And for this I already informed the New Government of the Republic of Somaliland. I therefore request the President of the Republic of Somaliland to allow to continue the project which was initiated by the former Government for the welfare and success of the Republic of Somaliland. I also look forward to visit Republic of Somaliland to explore/invest business opportunities from Pakistani elite business class.

Shafiq Ahmed Qureshi and Somaliland

And after opening of the Somaliland Trade Office we will work on the second agenda of Recognition of the Republic of Somaliland.

I therefore request the honorable President of the Republic of Somaliland in taking personal interest in opening of the Somaliland Trade Office in Pakistan which was initiated in 2009.

Somalina   

lol...waa sheekadii aad Mark Bowden title-ka uga bedasheen "wakiilka Somaliland" kulahaa.... ilaahow na cafi.

No aqoonsi for you. Keep up the good work though.

Not really Pakistan will open a trade office in Somaliland Hargeysa , and Somaliland will open a trade office in pakistan islamabad another step forward

as for Mark bowden atleast he is safe in burco

Somalina   

You thought no one will notice the gmail account eh! hadda trade office miyaad u bedeshay sheekadii?

About Bowden title-kiisa ugu yeera, beentaas ma fiicna oo berri bay xanuun keeni doonta. Sharafta iyo sumcada saas la iskama qaado.

Somalina anigu uumaaan badalin that's what the letter says , Awoow mark bowden dee isaga jecel inu Somaliland yimado maxanu ku sameyna send him back to xammar dee wu diiday wuxu yidhi humanitarian shuquladeyda nairobi baan ka wadayaa iyo Burco;)

Somalina   

Awoowe, thread title-ka ayaan ka hadlaayey, waana ogtahay waxba ha is yeelyeelin.

Mark Bowden, anigu waxaan ku iri keliya title-kiisa ugu yeera, end of story, burco ayuu jooga ama Xamar waxuu ka yiri kama aan hadlin. Waxa aan ka hadley waa sheekoyinka la soo kabkabey ee aad soo dhejiso.

gmail account wax lagu soo qoreyna cidina ma rumeysaneyso, nin UN-ka title siiyeyna kama aad bedeli kartaan. Hadalkeyga dhanba waa intaa, waxba ha sii balaadhin sheekada, jihadana haka leexinin. You dig! peace!

Liqaye   

isqarxis;704369 wrote:
ninkani dukan dhar ayuu islamabad ku haysta.shame shame shame

Hahaha wery wery good price, and they can add recognition spesial price. :D

Thankful   

Xaaji Xunjuf;704111 wrote:
Not really Pakistan will open a trade office in Somaliland Hargeysa , and Somaliland will open a trade office in pakistan islamabad another step forward

as for Mark bowden atleast he is safe in burco

The problem with your made up news is that only one side (NW Somalia) makes press releases. Do you have any Pakistani Government links that make this bogus claim??? Of course not!

Oh yeah, didn't Bowden only spend a few hours and left right away?