Sign in to follow this  
Mohammed

Half Somalis...

Mohammed   

I was reading this thread and I was surprised by how many mixed Somalis there are. In the thread below, there was people posting who claimed to be Half Somali, Half .....Japanese, Chinese, English, Swedish, Norwegian, American, Afghan, Irish, Italian, Brazilian, Phillapino, Mexican, Arab Spanish, Dutch, Scottish, Lebanese etc. I could go on and on. A lot of them seemed to have retanied their faith (massallah) and a bit of the languagebut some of them complained that some somalis wouldn't accept them, which I think is quite sad :(

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/oriskany-ny/TQ4VQ9591TL4SO1QT

Do any of you guys know any mixed Somalis? Growing up in Britain, the only mixed Somali I've met was a half Somali, half Yemenis kid I played football with.

Heck, my kids in the future could be mixed :cool:

Warning: If you're going to reply, please reply in English. I can't read Somali :P

Ms MoOns   

I know a somali girl who married a converted dutchmen.

They've got two beautiful girls masha'allah.

But as their father is dutch, they're officially dutch and not somali.

Personally I know their hooyo which makes them for me a little more somali than dutch ^^

Don't know of that makes sense :P

If you've got Facebook search Half somalis, there are hundreds of half Somalis on it and they post pictures. half Chinese, Half Cadaan, half Indian, half Carab, half Japanese mashallah.

Half Somalis usually end up looking like a mix or like the non-Somali parent. I know a half Somali/Moroccan half Somali/Dutch and the daughter is completly white while her brother is Somali looking lool. I've got cousing who are half Somali half German (two seperate families) the first one they look like Yemenis lol, the other looks Ethiopian-ish lol.

Being in the United States, there are too many biracial kids (I'm talking about not just Somalis), so much so that being fully Somali is exotic now. Who knew?:D

Blessed...Xaad ka rabtaa igaarka?

Somalina   

I know a lot of "Half Somalis".

My niece (German); my cousins (German, Swiss, Swedish, Italian, Iraqi, Palestinian, Scotish-Canadian).

My friends and their friends: (Welsh-Canadian, Jamaican, Haitian, Polish, Scotish, English).

Most of them know and love their Somali heritage.

Good luck with 'em mixed kids. :D

RaMpAgE   

Their no such thing as half somali, your either somali or not.

Thanks to some self hating somali naago, we have ton's of biracial claiming somali.

Chimera   

^We have tons of half Somalis with Somali fathers, but i'm sure in their case it was all about love, right? Focus on yourselves man, you guys are full of hate. From personal interaction, some Half-Somalis have more Somalinimo than the so-called full blood Somalis, talk about self-hate.

To me its all gravy baby, its funny to have once in a while a non-Somali looking girl address me as aboowe and ask for directions or the time in Af Somali lol, like what the hell just happened? Nice icebreaker though!

Showqi   

Qaar baa bari been ii sheegay oo igu yidhi gabadhani waa half Somali ( hey I was young and fresh from the boat). Laakiin markaan soo ogaaday in aanay half Somali ahayn ciil iyo cadho ayaan kax la idhi:mad::mad::mad: Bal maxay noo lug-gooynayeen! Laakiin ilaa iyo iminka waxaan u haystaa in ay Half Somali tahay;) Gabadhu Suuro iyo Huruuf badanaa:D

self hating Somali naago? Or somali naago that hate qaxooti ex-******** tht waste all of their times in cafes talking about Somali politics not realizing that they can't do anything about it and that they ruined it for themselves?

wyre   

Loooooooooooool@the warning gagagagaga:D:D:D

I am 1/8 somalia 1/8 german 1/8 french 1/8 italy 1/8 Arab 1/8 Kenyan 1/8 tanzanian 1/8 Carabta maxamuud saalax:D