Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Revolution in Puntland!

NGONGE   

Got to admit my surprise at the Imam's reaction (so unlike him). :D

Still, PL does not really need a revolution as such. It simply needs a system in place that curbes the excesses of the Imam (that's all). Onwards and upwards anyway.

Oh, "free SSC" & "Improve security" make no sense, duqa. ;)

heheh@NGONGE, "Hala soo qabto" is still better than a bunch of Imam supporters on camel back whipping folks into frenzy as they race through the demo. The great Imam has shown restraint so far. Free SSC can be achieved through strength. Strength is a good deterrent as the Americans like to say.

On a new development, I am now hearing two demonstrators briefly occupied Garoowe's Daawad Square for few minutes and quickly disappeared into a crowd of passionate Imam supporters. The two guys will be back to the square tomorrow night.

baraxada.jpg

It is here my friend. There is no turning back.

puntlandrevolution.gif

nuune   

The two guys will be back to the
Daawad
square tomorrow night.

Laa xawla, illeen Libaax cadaalad ma ahan, soo anigii qaadigii Puntland u heesteyba smileys.gif in uu dibadbaxyaal kumanaan gaaraya ku tilmaamo laba qof, iyo inuu dibadbixii xilligiisi ka dhigo waqti habeen ah, waa laba tog dhaxdood dhurwaa hakugu gowraco, eesh calaa revolution hehe

NGONGE   

LST, so far so good but you know what the Imam is like. If those scenes repeat themselves for a few more days he'll start the carpet bombing. On the other hand, the Imam is an intelligent and educated man who (though never practising it) knows the importance of democracy and the voice of the people. This tiny demo might just be the nudge he needed to curb his mad posturing.

Eat your heart out Tunisia. Puntland is here to out-pace you.

NGONGE, Awoowe, SOL Revolution is shaking things up already. Today, the largest crowd came out and occupied Daawad Square.

garawe1292442645.jpg

Read Here

Imam Faroole sent a negotiating team to Daawad Square and agreed to respect protesters' demands. Will it be enough for the demonstrators?

For the first time since the revolution, Imam Faroole spoke today. “Dadkayaga Lama Xasuuqi Karo Si Rasmi Ah Ayaan U Difaacaynaa” said the President.

Dr.Faroole-330x228.jpg

NGONGE, there you have it my friend. This revolution is moving so fast, no one can predict the outcome.

freesscnow.gif

nuune;696366 wrote:
Laa xawla, illeen
Libaax
cadaalad ma ahan, soo anigii qaadigii Puntland u heesteyba
smileys.gif
in uu dibadbaxyaal
kumanaan
gaaraya ku tilmaamo
laba qof
, iyo inuu dibadbixii xilligiisi ka dhigo waqti habeen ah, waa laba tog dhaxdood dhurwaa hakugu gowraco, eesh calaa revolution hehe

Nuune, you are 100% correct. The information I was given at the time was that only 2 diehard demonstrators set up a small tent at the square. I now understand the real number was much bigger than that. It seems Puntland goverment propagandist may have downplayed the numbers. Thanks for the correction.

This revolution is just exploding my friend. It is so unpredictable at the moment.

NGONGE   

Heh@LST. I knew the Imam's bout of common sense would not last that long. There he goes again back to his sabre rattling ways. :D

The question, of course, is how is he going to go about this? All out war is unlikely since it's not in his or PL's (long term) interests to wage a full on war. What then? Paying lip service to the crowd but doing nothing? That too is not going to work! Furthermore, will the SSC leadership allow him to usurp the lead here?

The Imam is in a real fix here and a bit of istikhaara salaat is in order. :D

p.s.

Melez talow muxu yedhi?

Kamaavi   

NGONGE;696560 wrote:
p.s.

Melez talow muxu yedhi?

It seems that he is too busy to handle his own problems. He gathered his troops for a briefing on security ahead of the recent African Union conference. This meeting was held two weeks ago, around Melles. Also present were his security advisor Tsegaye Berhe, the army Chief of Staff, General Samora Yunis, the head of the intelligence services, Getachew Assefa and some high-ranking military officials. Its purpose was to evaluate the risk of mass protests in Ethiopia similar to those that occurred recently in Tunisia and since then in Egypt. The conditions for a rapid and decisive response to this type of situation were examined.

But another point of importance was also on the agenda: the risk of attacks during the AU conference. This case did not finally occur, but Melles and his entourage are still worried about the possibility of a destabilising operation carried out by Somalians or Ethiopian opponents. Particularly as countries rivalling Ethiopia, like Egypt or Libya, could well manipulate such elements in order to apply pressure on Addis Ababa.

He said not long ago : "From now on I am not the regional leader. The usual tons of business that we have been doing with Somali leaders has come to end. Therefore, I think it's more wise for Silanyo and Faroole to look forward to Moqadisho( and Jigjiga) in order to solve their tribal business wars. " :D