Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Egypt protests Cairo is a war Zone

ElPunto   

GC - I'm saying the military and Hosni's regime are one and the same. We will see how this plays out.

Guys - Layzie is just taking ther micky - or some such according to Brits. I wouldn't bother responding. Go on LZ - let it all out.

LayZie G.;691168 wrote:
Are they know? Are you sure thats whats driving these goons to the streets? Dont give me the al jazeera version, just your raw, unedited version of what is happening in egypt?

and dont forget," my so called secular paradise" does not aspire to bomb churches, namely the recent coptic church bombings". We do not behave like savages. on the streets in an attempt to topple a government without viable solutions in place.

How out of touch you are. 400 people injured scores murdered, a permanent tear gas cloud over Cairo, people being shot at while praying and you believe the protesters are at fault!?! You think the protesters are acting like savages, despite clear indications of brutal repression from the government. The internet and all communications were shut down throughout Egypt, a move reminiscent of North Korea, and you support this government? One could only imagine what your position was on the Iranian protests in 2009. Before I search them care to entertain us why you certainly supported that uprising but not this one?

You dont even have a grasp of the same system you lionize. Where was Spain up till the late 70's? Germany 60 years ago? How about the European continent?

You are going against the current of people who share your ideals and values to support a regime employing draconian measures to stay in power. Don't you see the irony in that?

I'm almost certain your trolling for attention here no logical person would make such asnine claims in the face of these events.

It's actually the presidential guards (supposedly well armed and loyal to Hosni ) that are on the streets not the actual army. It's unclear why the protesters are welcoming them.

ElPunto;691167 wrote:
The western coverage still hasn't reached the heights of the Iran elections aftermath. And the commentary is cautious instead of the mock outrage following the Iran elections. Egyptians need a Neda of their own.

Young lady was murdered in Suez but dont hold your breath it still wont resonate.

N.O.R.F   

ElPunto;691173 wrote:
^I thought the big El was detained.

The mosque he was in today was shut while he was in there. It was opened again a while after.

N.O.R.F   

I have changed my mind. HM is gone by tomorrow. The alternative is no longer the Muslim Brotherhood. Its normal people. Working and Middle Class. The govnt is in tatters. We could be witnessing history.

ElPunto   

^It won't matter if Hosni is gone and replaced by some like minded hack. If I was to take a wager I bet this regime survives more or less intact with the public fobbed off with cosmetic changes. I don't think Egyptians have the stamina to keep up the pressure on this regime. Millenia of acquiescing to rule by Pharaohs won't be swept away that quickly.

What is remarkable is that protests are still being counted in the tens of thousands in a country of 80 million plus.

N.O.R.F   

ElPunto;691185 wrote:
^It won't matter if Hosni is gone and replaced by some like minded hack. If I was to take a wager I bet this regime survives more or less intact with the public fobbed off with cosmetic changes. I don't think Egyptians have the stamina to keep up the pressure on this regime. Millenia of acquiescing to rule by Pharaohs won't be swept away that quickly.

What is remarkable is that protests are still being counted in the tens of thousands in a country of 80 million plus.

Thats what I thought earlier. All news reports indicate its the end game for the regime. El Baraday to be installed as temp leader (to set up elections)???

N.O.R.F   

After fleeing a police charge in Cairo, elderly protester Mohammed Taha tells Reuters news agency: "This protest is not going to stop. They won't and can't trick the people again and give us some lame concessions. Hosni has to go. I am 70 years old, I am going to die, but these people have to fight to live."

The BBC's Yolande Knell has been out on the streets of Cairo, where she describes people running, their eyes streaming as a result of the teargas hanging over the city. "We will never stop until this government goes," yelled one elderly man. Ordinary Egyptians appear to be losing their fear of direct confrontation with the security forces, says our correspondent.

The BBC's security correspondent Frank Gardner says: "Every minute that goes by without the president making that address to the nation makes him look weaker, and will convince people he is losing his grip."