Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Egypt protests Cairo is a war Zone

ElPunto   

Amazing pictures. Can't help but think that they won't affect the change they seek. Either American managed solution or they do the Tianamen option. I don't understand the public embrace of the military - Hosni is a military man and the military is the real power behind the throne.

LOL at El-Baradei - talk about opportunism.

Che -Guevara;691126 wrote:
Thanks God for modern media-check the Egyptian TV and contrast it with Al Jazeera.God

Che, what exactly are you grateful for? A borrowed feed that is focused on a burning car and contrasting to the Egyptian TV camera angle that is overlooking a section of the city?

Their live coverages is not so live when their whole agenda is to piss on Egypt's face. Today, the damning clips that they are calling "latest pictures" that show state police vehicles entering crowded areas, showing sympathetic clips of the "savages" who took to the streets, attacking police officers, vandalizing private and public property masqueraing as peaceful protest, all along reporting rumors of live ammunition, planting the seeds that the government is out to wipe the protests, which really would not be too bad if you think about, all serve the purpose of Al jazeera's questionable and calculating coverage.

In any case, dont lie to yourself che about the Al Jazeera coverage, their agenda is clear to anyone who is watching it today and who watched it during the flotilla attack, dominate coverage and have mass appeal. Shift wherever the wind is blowing, thats Al Jazeera's mandra. This network does not have a problem when it comes to comprising their journalistic integrity(if they have any) in order to give voice to few hundred people who should be sanctioned altogether, while also being a force to reckon with in the 24 cable news environment.

Look how many major networks are using Al Jazeera feed in order to bring the "so called revolution" to the global world.

The source of information happens to be Al Jazeera because they put themselves in the right places and doing so, they create a place where honest reporting is thrown out of the window and unwarranted coverage is given to the goons who start the conflict.

As far as the United States is concerned, EGYPT WILL NoT BE ABANDONED. The military will further impose its will on the people of egypt, the goons will get what's coming to them in the next few days, weeks, months.

ElPunto;691151 wrote:
Amazing pictures. Can't help but think that they won't affect the change they seek. Either American managed solution or they do the Tianamen option. I don't understand the public embrace of the military - Hosni is a military man and the military is the real power behind the throne.

LOL at El-Baradei - talk about opportunism.

Egyptians share an affinity for the army partly due to its mandatory enlistment. All Egyptians have to enlist in army for stint at one point or another. Also while Mubarak started out as military man he is ailing and on the tailend of his life. Gamal Mubarak is his impending succesor and rumors have always raged that military did not approve of this. The people are aware of this dynamic and are siding quite logically with an insitution that has wherewithal to force Mubaraks ouster. This is quite similar to what happened in Tunisia, and if Mubarak is forced to exile which looks almost like a certainty at this point, no one would accept anything other than reforms and elections.

Layzie, your smears are an insult to the protesters who have given up blood and life to fight for their universal rights. The funny thing is you are completley out of touch with your own narrative. Don't you describe yourself as being secular? You do realize that these protests have the overwhelming backing of secular Egyptian society whether it is activists, academics, or common people? You do realize that they are clamoring for the same rights that your beloved Western model aspires to provide. And you deride such people as goons? For what? A laughable insult that is not even consistent with your warped ideology.

N.O.R.F   

Looks like HM's speech has been posponed. Wonder why?

LG, with so many networks using AJ's pictures doesn't it mean it taken seriously (ie a reliable source)? Their building overlooks the main square.

Even the most jaded and biased of Western observers have recognized that this is a genuine popular revolution, but on SOL we have our very own Layzie attempting to tell us its a fabrication created by the Al Jazeera agenda. HILARIOUS. Even Mubarak's regime wouldn't make such a ridiculous claim.

Lazy-I'm with the protesters and anyone promoting their agenda as long as men who acts as kings will be deposed. One would think you would appreciate as it could be counter to the Islamist movements who were largely born out of lack of political space.

ElPunto   

^Gold-Coast - I don't see how the military is going to allow free and fair elections since that would remove them from the primacy they currently hold in the country. I fear that Egyptians are deluding themselves if they think that the military will easily acquiesce to a large diminishment of their power. Ultimately the Egyptian public will have to confront the military to acheive their aims.

Che -Guevara;691162 wrote:
Lazy-I'm with the protesters and anyone promoting their agenda as long as men who acts as kings will deposed. One would think you would appreciate as it could be counter to the Islamist movements who were largely born out of lack of political space.

It's the secular graduates of the American University, and educated abroad who have been at the forefront of the initial protests on January 25th. Even in the richest suburbs of Cairo, where people benefit from the status quo, protests have been reported. The claim that its been misrepresented by AlJazeera and is the work of "goons" is so illogical words can't truly explain.

ElPunto;691163 wrote:
^Gold-Coast - I don't see how the military is going to allow free and fair elections since that would remove them from the primacy they currently hold in the country. I fear that Egyptians are deluding themselves if they think that the military will easily acquiesce to a large diminishment of their power. Ultimately the Egyptian public will have to confront the military to acheive their aims.

Yes this is agreed but its impossible to expect the Egyptian public to confront the military at the same time they are rising against Mubarak's regime. The precedent that has been set by these protests however will not stop after Mubarak's impending fall and that was my point.

ElPunto   

The western coverage still hasn't reached the heights of the Iran elections aftermath. And the commentary is cautious instead of the mock outrage following the Iran elections. Egyptians need a Neda of their own.

GoldCoast;691159 wrote:
You do realize that they are clamoring for the same rights that your beloved Western model aspires to provide. .

Are they know? Are you sure thats whats driving these goons to the streets? Dont give me the al jazeera version, just your raw, unedited version of what is happening in egypt?

and dont forget," my so called secular paradise" does not aspire to bomb churches, namely the recent coptic church bombings". We do not behave like savages. on the streets in an attempt to topple a government without viable solutions in place.