Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

What Do Somali Men Want?

bilan   

Nimanka qaylada halaga daayo may sheeko iskugu soo aruurtay yeysan u dhaiman sida shimbarahee lol. Both Fathiya and Hassan are taking things to the extreme, I do not think real man will complain his wife is too busy with the house and kids and does not have time for him, is not it common sense to help his family so they can all have quality time together instead of expecting him to be treated like a child who needs constant attention.

Taleexi   
Bilaney dumarku waa caruur cago weyn baan maqli jiray haddase raggii baaba caruur sidoodii in loola dhaqmo raba, Illaahay amarkiis.

Kulmiye   

"The arrival of Somali families into Western communities as refugees undermined the traditional role of men being providers to their families. For instance, the American welfare system is set up in a way that empowers women, in the name of protecting the children, but at the same time it indirectly makes husbands irrelevant. The welfare checks are given to the wives and, if husbands want to leave the household, then the better. Why there are so many single mothers on public assistance is a question that can partially be attributed to the diminishing role of husbands and lack of employment opportunities. "`

i THINK HE HIT THE NAIL ON THAT PART!

wyre   

Juxa;686999 wrote:
they want something they have not earned. they deserve absolutely nothing

anti-man :D

This is the most idiotic pathetic excuses I have ever read: "Welfare empowers women?" WTF? Welfare humiliates mothers because it is a sign of wretchedness. If the men held jobs, the mothers wouldnt take welfare checks. Welfare is not mandatory; you dont have to take it. In fact, they prefer you dont.

The most visible positive quality of Somali men is the fact that they don't need babysitting. Ninka ka cabaadayo about the lack of attention nin ma aha.

Somalina   

Juxa;686999 wrote:
they want something they have not earned. they deserve absolutely nothing

:D:D:D

yes and yes...

Also, I agree with GD.

Ismalura   

Chocolate and Honey;687032 wrote:
This is the most idiotic pathetic excuses I have ever read: "Welfare empowers women?" WTF? Welfare humiliates mothers because it is a sign of wretchedness. If the men held jobs, the mothers wouldnt take welfare checks. Welfare is not mandatory; you dont have to take it. In fact, they prefer you dont.

The most visible positive quality of Somali men is the fact that they don't need babysitting. Ninka ka cabaadayo about the lack of attention nin ma aha.

I agree with you on everything except where you say Somali men don't need baby sitting. Actually they do need a lot of it. Of course it is not the emotional kind (they are too manly to need that) but a more physical one. Me and my friends have a joke where we say to each other "We have to get used to this because when we get married we have to attend to crying babies and husbands." We get the joke from what we used to hear from older women when they were encouraging us to wake up early, cook e.t.c. "Naa maxaad la jiiftaa bari ka maalin nin iyo caruur baa wax kaa sugayee?" :mad: So annoying !

Ismalura   

What exactly is this man's point? Why does he keep shifting from one useless book to another?

Respect is earned not just through the pay check (providing for your family) but also by respecting your wife too. The popular assumption that the problems between Somali men and Somali women stem from the husbands' inability to provide for the family is preposterous. Most men I know have no problem taking responsibility to provide for their families. However, many men believe that bringing in the money makes the woman their salve while in reality they should live as two human beings of equal value who are sharing the work (Since both the inside and the outside work are important). They expect their wives to surrender control of their whole lives and are often abusive. It is not about who cooks or does the dishes it is about treating a women like you would want her to treat you. It is about a woman having self determination and that is something that most Somali men don't even understand.

The shit that Somali women take from their men !