Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

What Do Somali Men Want?

Juxa   

I agree with GD. in the west waa inla qaataa the habit of helping one another, be it in the house or outside.

Men and women should make equal contribution to the family life. contribution ma ahan lacag kaliya. having a stay-in wife taking care of the children and the home is also great sacrifice. men should accept and respect that their guri-joogto wife is working around the clock, taking care of his 10kids.

If a lady is able she too should have a JOB, part time or full time, if you have kids try to work on weekends even for one day a week. If she does not have kids, then she should work, maxay guriga ka qabaneysaa?

I dont like dumarka qeyliya har iyo habeen, there are other effective methods marka employ it.

In my opinion if men want WHATEVER the hell they want, then they should roll their sleeves and be the men their fathers and grandfathers were. iska dhaaf isku haleenta and assume your Responsibility, accept that the responsibility of providing for the family is yours and yours alone.

Ha batnaato, ha yaraato, bring in the bread, ka adkaaw caruurta dharkooda iyo cunadooda

Everything else waa barako, so if your wife studies, works or is in business she is doing to support you, appreaciate it

Calaacal is so off-putting, get on with it waryaaaaaaaaaaaa

And us women of course should be supporting, encouraging and when he is feeling childish we should beat him with the babis for the baby he is.

BOB   

Anybody wants what he/she can't have, that's a human nature but in my opinion that's beside the point...

The problem is, we totally mistrust each other, I don't know how we got here but most ragga they don't trust dumarka and vice versa and we lost respect for one another the same way our youngsters lost respect for our elders and I think the environment played a huge part in that.

We come from a background where family plays an absolutely vital part in our daily lives but in the west they take that for granted and as the old saying goes...Dad Kaa Badan & Biyo Kaa Badanba...you get the picture, so somehow we both rag & dumarba lost our identity, that unique Somali identity...the unity, the mutual respect, the unconditional love that we've always had for one another and the mutual trust that always existed between us and I blame that for the dagaalka qabiileysiga ah ee to this day ka socda back home and then eventually Faarax lost his and the soul of his last hope, the source of his existance...Xaliimo.:o

A friend of mine said it beautifully once when we were discussing about our martial status...To be Somali means to love all Somalis equally and to truly Love is to marry and die married to abaayo macaan he reckons our parents had far more difficult time than us and they never let all the hardships come between them or put a strain on their bond/relationship/marriage simply because they knew as long as they had one another, everything will be fine, they had a unique way to express their love for one another and their companionship was never based on material like todays guurka....see where we got lost now?:(

Me...I just want You....that much I can forever guarantee Insha Allah because I can't picture myself being with naag ajanabi ah anigoo og jaceylka aan u qabo gabdhaha Soomaliyeed.:D

Stay Somali & Be Proud

Peace, Love & Unity.

Taleexi   

Sheekadu rational way ka tagtay oo cirkay isku shareertay. Wallee dumar iyo rag goor ay heshiinayaan waa garan waayey... Maahmaah Soomaaliyeed baa odhanaysa:

Saddex saddex ka bari waad ka helaysaaye, saddexna saddex ha ka baryin kama helayside

Rabbi jano ka bari waad ka helaysaaye, waarid ha ka baryin kama helayside

Shiikh cilmi ka bari waad ka helaysaaye, xoolo ha ka baryin kama helayside

Dumar guur ka bari waad ka helaysaaye, yeynaan islayn ha ka baryin kama helayside

Sidaas darteed, Ismalura iyo kooxdeedaay banooniga dejiya.

Juxa   

Bob well said. there is glimmer of hope tho. waxkasta doom and gloom maaha, nin tuur lehna siduu useexda isaga yaqaan, marka oday walba islaantiisa wuu dhaqan if he wants to remain married

balse is-afgarawaaga waxa keenay waa inability to be honest to one another and to explain what you expect from each other. now let me start

I Xaliimo wish you faarax to be able to have the following basic things:

- A job and income (regardless of my own income)

- Able to sustain the family and get us out of the humiliating Ceyr

- Be present and make regular contribution to the family life ( ie active involvement with the kids, attendance in parents

evening etc.

- Be attentive to me and not take me for granted

- Communicate, i am not your biibito friend or your ina adeer (Make effort and find interest in whatever the hell i am interested

in that month)

i reiterate what Bob said, Love is being married to Aboowe Macaan.

BOB   

Juxa,

Adigaaba kasii daray...banooniga daji oo play it on the ground...aaah you need to visit your neighbours more at the Emirates...:P

Koleey nin walba isagaa yaqaan siduu uga dabaalanayo...mugoo aniga waan is dabari karaa...agteydana qeylo iney kasoo yeerto waa habeenkii xalay ahaa oo tagay...:D

Juxa...saaxiibadaa u sheeg inay bartaan sida wax loo kariyo...Yurub waxaan ugu imi marwo lasoo taagan sida wax loo kariyo ma aqaan oo aan hadana xishooneyn.:mad:

Raashin ma aha waxa guryaha qaarkood laga kariyo oo unhealthy...wax wada saliid miiran sida inaad makiinada saliida joogto ayaa hortaada lasoo dhigayaa...I hate Lidle...kuwaa waxee gadaan waa disgusting...caloosha waxa Faarax kasoo riday waa qashinka guriga looga xaaqo ee maskiinka wadnaha intuusan istaagin ka daaya ilaah baan idinku dhaariyaye.:D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Taleexi   

Lol @ Bob: Knowing how to cook should be essentiall to all of us... waxa faaraxa caloosha ka soo riday gallon saliid ah baa la soo hor dhigayaa... dabadeedna lugo baaasto fiino ah baa ka soo haraya iyo calool foosto le'eg.

Somalina   

Dadka qaarkood maxaa u diidey iney cunaan healthy food? danbi miyaa hadaad broccoli cuntid as a snack or plain yogurt? war waayaabee dadkaan ayagoo caato ah ayay qurbada imaadeen 2 sanno ka dibna ayagoo baruur kortey ayaa la arkaayaa.

Waa la yaabaa markaan arko dad aan socon karin, da'doodana hadaad fiiriso 40kii ma gaarin.

Nin iyo dumarba dantooda ha gartaan haddey rabaan nolol wanaagsan. Is jiijiid waxba mataraayo. Caqliga ha la isticmaalo. Waa intaasba hadalka dhan.

BOB   

Aniga I can cook the kind of food that I like...fish & pasta.:D

Faarax naftii kaa ka socota...qaar baa xitaa ay salaadii dhibeysaa iminka oo aan foorarsan karin...neeftuurkooda waxaad moodaa in maantoo dhan ay belaayo ceyrsanaysay:D

Waxaas Dumarkaa ka masuul ah...raashin sida loo kariyo ma taqaan markaasay Take Away iyo qashin sidey ugu waday ayuu maskiinka u ekeeday inuu xaamilo yahay oo fool ah...and you know his lack of sense of style...shaati cagaar ama gaduud ama yellow oo two sizes too small ah ayaa lasoo gashanayaa iyo surwaal aad moodo in bilaash lagusoo siiyay iyo kabo meel ay u socdaan iyo meel ay ka socdaan aan la garaneyn markaasaa gebigiisuba wuxuu u ekaanayaa qof circuska performance ugu socda.:D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Malika   

They want love[they are human after all], they want understanding and acceptance. They want a lover[after all they are men with innate needs], they want a campanion[not a nagging wife] - they want a clean house, cooked food, children[well behaved+smart] - They are after all like everyone else in persue of happiness.

:D

BOB   

:D Malika...for the ladies you're now officially the most Loathed female on SOL!

How dare you? How dare you support Faarax?:D

Peace, Love & Unity.

gooni   

ninku wuxuu donayaa inuu saxan nadiifa helo intusan bilaabina waa inay bissinka xasuusisaa si awlaad xalaala oo bad qaba loo hello idan alle.

BOB   

Doob Dareenaa Dilay aan maqli jiree...Raashin aan joognee maxaa sariirta nagal jirise igaarkeey?:D

Peace, Love & Unity.