Sign in to follow this  
Somalina

Business- By us, for us!

Somalina   

Naspure.gif

Press Release

Thursday, January 06, 2011

Napsure supplied a modern and state-of-the-art river water treatment plant with a production capacity of 100m3/day to Furat Mineral Water in Beledweyn, Somalia.

Naspure is a Sharjah (UAE) based and Somali owned company specialized in the design, manufacturing and installation of water treatment plants. The installation and commissioning of the treatment plant was made by local technicians following an Operation & Maintenance Manual written in Somali language without a single mistake.

The treatment plant is very modern, fully automated, compact and operated by PLC (programmable logic controller). The treatment plant removes dirt, particles, disease causing bacteria (pathogens), and viruses and produces a high quality drinking water that far exceeds WHO standards. Naspure will heavy rely on local technicians for any future water projects in Somalia.

Naspure1.jpg

The treatment plant is currently operated by Furat Mineral Water, a Beledweyn based company. Furat’s owner Abdulqadir Nuur Liiban is very pleased with the excellent services provided by Naspure.

Mohamed Ahmed Salah, P.Eng.

President & CEO

Naspure Water Technology

P.O.Box 8992, Sharjah, UAE

E-mail: info@naspure.com

www.naspure.com

Somalina   

Mobile transfers save money and lives in Somalia

By Sahra Abdi

NAIROBI | Wed Mar 3, 2010 8:56am EST

(Reuters) - About a year ago, Muqtar Ali's brother was shot dead by gunmen in the busy Bakara market of Somalia's capital Mogadishu, and his $200 in cash was stolen.

Hormuud Telecom, the biggest network in Somalia with more than a million subscribers, says it designed the software for its SAAD money transfer service, but was helped by Safaricom workshops and consultants.

The new service is expected to cut security risks posed by carrying huge wads of the Somali currency around various open markets in the battle-scarred south and central regions of the country.

Once clients have registered for the service, they can deposit cash with the mobile phone company and credits are loaded onto their phone. They can then send to other people signed up for the service at the press of a button.

"I was very sad when I heard my worst news, that of the death of my brother. He was transferring some cash to my shop when the robbers shot him," Ali said.

"I believe the life of my brother would have been saved if this service existed then."

LIFELINE

Despite 19 years of anarchy in the Horn of Africa nation, some businesses have thrived and the country's mobile phone firms provide a crucial, cheap lifeline for Somalis to stay in touch during the frequent bouts of heavy fighting.

Money transfer firms are another backbone of the economy as remittances from the large Somali diaspora, estimated at around $1 billion a year, keep many Somali families alive.

"This is the lifeline of the whole economy ... and they are the future banks of Somalia," Central Bank Governor Bashir Issa Ali told Reuters.

Ali said the introduction of Hormuud's mobile money transfer services alongside the remittance companies would only improve cash distribution throughout the country, where 1.5 million people rely on food aid to survive.

"Somalia has been saved by the money transfer companies and the telephone companies," he said. "This is a great thing for the payments system."

Hormuud's money transfer system works with U.S. dollars, rather than the Somali shilling, and users can transfer up to $3,000 a day throughout southern and central Somalia.

Businesses prefer transactions based on the dollar and other regional currencies such as the Kenyan shilling, UAE dirham and the Saudi riyal, to avoid the problems associated with an extremely weak Somali shilling.

"They can send and receive cash through this system locally," Hormuud's spokesman Abdirashid Ali Aynaanshe told Reuters by phone from Mogadishu.

"The system is safe, and the probability this cash can be in danger is less than carrying cash or checks in the pockets or bags while traveling in the country," he said.

Halima Mohamed, based in the southern port of Kismayu which is held by al Qaeda-linked rebels, says she now uses her phone as a bank account and sends money to business associates as far as Baidoa in central Somalia.

"Nowadays, I am able to send up to $3,000 from my phone to people in other regions without the person next to me knowing," the store owner said. "It is good for our safety since we live in very violent times and can lose all our money to militias."

(Additional reporting by Abdiaziz Hassan and David Clarke in Nairobi; Editing by Giles Elgood)

Somalina   

The Zack;688586 wrote:
Isn't Beledweyne controlled by Shabaab? Somebody tell this brother to watch out!

Business is business. AS is AS. Kala saar sheekada, ee wax ku soo dheji halkan aight!.

Somalina   

Kawaanka Xoolaha Bossaso oo Maanta Xariga Laga Jaray

Xarig ka jarista dhismahan ayaa waxaa kasoo qayb galay masuuliyiin katirsan Dawladda Puntland, maamulka degmada Bossaso, hay’adihii maalgeliyey iyo qaar kamid ah ganacsatada magaalada Bossaso.

Dhismahan ayaa waxaa dhistay hay’adda (FAO) waxaana maanta si gaar ah loogu wareejiyey ganacsatada shirkada hilibka Puntland kuwaasi oo ku shaqayn doona.

Ugu horayntii ayaa waxaa halkaasi ka hadlay Faarax Beeldaaje oo afka hay’adaha maalgelisey mashruucaan ku hadlay, waxaana uu sheegay in hay’adda FAO ay dhistay dhismaha sare ee guriga xoolaha lagu qali doono, isaga oo intaasi ku daray in xeryaha xoolaha iyo wareega ay ku dareen ganacsatada Bossaso qaar kamid ah.

1_gawaan-1.jpg

1_gawaan-5.jpg

1_gawaan-3.jpg

1_gawaan-7.jpg

Duqa Degmada Bossaso Maxamuud Faarax Beeldaaje oo goobta ka hadlay ayaa tilmaamay in dhismahan hay’adda Faw markii hore ay dhamaysay ay ku wareejisay Dawladda hoose ee Bossaso.

Waxaana uu intaasi ku daray in Dawladdu ku wareejisay ganacsatada oo si khaas ah u maamuli doona, sidoo kale waxa uu sheegay in hilibka Bossaso lagu qali doono Kawaanka maanta laga furay magaalada.

Sidoo kale Cumar Ismaaciil oo ah guddoomiyaha ganacsatada la wareegay dhismaha gawraca xoolaha ee maanta xariga laga jaray ayaa faah faahin dheeraad ah ka bixiyey qaabka uu u shaqayn doono Gawaanku.

Waxa uu sheegay in Kawaanka lagu qali doono xoolaha sida Geela iyo Ariga kadibna la geyn doono magaalada, isaga oo xusay in 16-ka xaafadood ee Bossaso loo samayn doono meelo ay hilibka ka qaataan.

Waxa uu intaasi ku daray in mustaqbalka ay rajaynaayaan in hilibka shirkaddu soo saarto loo dhoofiyo dibadda, taasina waxa uu ku tilmaamay mid aad loogu baahnaa xilligan isla markaana ah horumar lagu talaabsaday.

Cumar Ismaaciil guddoomiyaha ganacsatada la wareegtay dhismaha Kawaanka ayaa mar uu ka hadlaayey faa’iidooyinka ku jira waxa uu sheegay in laga soo saari doono hilb la ilaaliyey nadaafaddiisa iyo sidoo kale in laga faa’iidaysan doono qaar kamid ah xubnaha xoolaha oo hadda la xooro ama la tuuro kolka neefka la qalo.

Qaar kamid ah ganacsatada hilibka iibisa ee magaalada Bossaso ayaa soo dhoweeyey Kawaanka loo sameeyey, waxayna balanqaadeen in ay siweyn ula shaqayn doonaan.

Waa markii ugu horaysay oo Kawaan caynkan ah laga furo magaalada Bossaso kaasi oo ay si gaar ah u maamuli doonaan ganacsatada magaalada ee ku bahoobay shirkadda hilibka Puntland, walow ay horay u jireen kuwo yar yar oo xoolaha ilaa hadda lagu qalo.

1_gawaan.jpg

1_gawaan-6.jpg

1_gawaan-2.jpg

More pics at Horseed Media

Complete   

Somalina;686142 wrote:
Naspure1.jpg

MashAllah. That's amazing. Those filters are massive compared to what I'm working with. I'm working on a project for my course work where I, along with my group mates, are to build a portable small scale photovoltaic (solar) powered water purification system for a remote village in East Africa. There's a lot of sun in Africa. Why not utilize the resources already available? Anyways, I'm happy to see this. Hope they take steps towards using sustainable and renewable energy to filter the river water. Now that would be fascinating and something I would most definitely be interested in volunteering for.

Is the CEO a Mechanical Engineer? He only states that he's a professional engineer. I'm curious to know :).

Complete   

Somalina;703558 wrote:
Vans- He is a Chemical Engineer.

Awesome! Definitely not my field. I say Somalis should put together a Somali engineers coalition. It's been long over due.

I'll put up images of Coca Cola Somalia posters I collected in Mogadishu my time there and also Lasqoray tuna cans, different water bottle companies and Hormud calling cards inshAllah.