Sign in to follow this  
WingA

Official Champions League 2006/07 Thread

N.O.R.F   

^^Because you will probably turn it around at the Emirates (still cant get used to the name of your new stadium, it has an almost plasticy feel to it) smile.gif

nuune   

I can sense some glory, tonight we will behead Barcelona and its mercenaries, if things turned out to be the other way, don't quote me though I see no chance for Barca at all, do you see any!

Arsenal are only the boys of Carlin cup and the FA cup, they never did well in Premiers or the Champion Leagues,

PSV should do more attacking in their coming to the Emirate Stadium.

Chealsick will have little chance of wining or getting anything tonight, it will be a game to watch and witness the humiliation of Chelsick.

Man United, they always get a goal at the end for nothing, typical Man U.

Celtic, glad they held Milan on draw, I can say this Champion League trophy will go to an English side, and you know what side I am talking about smile.gif

PSV are not exactly winning by 3 goals, its a very slender lead, all we have to do is not concede, simple as. Arsenal were clearly not physically fit enough for this game, second half they looked like a bunch of part-timers.

Was I the only one who thought that Rijkaard made some terrible tactical decisions, he completely underestimated them and esp. Rafa. I'm sure he was thinking that Rafa would play for the draw, but Rafa saw his opportunity and seized it.

Shevchenko scored one of his typical goals today, but Porto can still hurt them, but I dnt see chelsea losing at the bridge.

PS: What about Quaresma's shot?

SoMa_InC   

^^^Bruv I have been saying this for the past 2 years, Quaresma is class act. Jose wanted to get him last year but it has not been sanctioned.

John Terry and Robben are both injured so I just hope we get them back as soon as possible. It seems like they will also miss the Carling Cup final on Sunday. I still regret, why did they sell William Gallas?

Shevchenko has always been an excellent player and getting used to the premier league needs patience.

Anybody watched Bellemy's interview after the match? He made me laugh a lot. Congrats to Liverpool, especially Mohamed Sisoko; he is way too underrated. He took over the midfield. Gerrald had a quite night.

187, you are right, the blame has to be on Rijkaard. This team needs Samuel Eto back.

Congrats Nuune and Northerner.

N.O.R.F   

^^Thanks Soma!

Analysis

Rikaard showed his lack of tactical awareness last night. Ok he went for the win but was it good to take the risk of having 1 centre back? Rafa was great again. He gave a good taking to at HT and the boys responded. Sissoko was a giant and I hope he is ok for the second leg. The ref was a wuss! What a weak ref and the diving by Ronaldhino every time someone came close to him was just silly. Sissoko’s injury was due to him being fouled by Barca got the foul.

Looking forward to that unique Anfield atmosphere in 2 weeks time.

Nuune and Ngonge, what are your thoughts?

nuune   

^^^ lol the picture

Soma, thanks sxb, Chelsick were lucky to get one point, an away advantage goal.

Norf, sxb I think the future for Liverpool looks bright, I had great confidence in last night's game with Barca that Liverpool will win 2-1, one thing we need when Barca comes to Anfield is to get more goals, we are now capable of that as Bellamy showed his courage and determination to win and get goals, Mohamed Sisoko was the main man in the midfiled, he outdone Steven Gerard who seemed to be lost somewhere, and Rise is on the offensive all the time, we didn't even have Crouch last night as he came on the dying minutes.

This is a lesson for all those who underestimated Liverpool and called "the weakest team in the Champion League".

As a Chelsea fan it is difficult to talk about this subject, as I have a particular disliking of both team, but lets not forget what a magnificent game this can be.

Barcelona are at their most dangerous when they are on the full attack as they showed the few times they have played. In the first two games played at Stamford Bridge they started off calmly and trying to hold possession and trying to patiently penetrate Chelsea. And although I am speaking from Chelsea few point they weren’t successful especially in the first game where Chelsea went 3-0 up within 25 minutes and the same with second game when they went behind against ten men Chelsea. However in both games they proved to be their most deadly. In the first ronaldinho brilliance got them two goals back in quick succession and in the second another two goals were brought about by deadly bombardment by Barca.

So what I am trying to say is Barca are going be at their deadliest when they can just attack because they need as they require a minimum of two goals to stand any chance of going through. This presents Liverpool a good chance to hit them on the break with the pace and precision they can have in their team.

Whatever the result it should be a fascinating game.

BOB   

Originally posted by A.J. Timacadeh:

what I am trying to say is Barca are going be at their deadliest when they can just attack

another Chelsea fan huh? You guys are coming out of the woods all of a sudden and soon this place will be full of knowledgeable Chelsea fans...imagine that? smile.gif

To come back to your story...Barca never managed to turn it over whenever they trailed from the first leg played at their beloved Camp Nou...so if I were Liverpool fan I wouldn't worry about them playing an all out attacking game as that is exactly where I would prefer them to be but then again Barca always play the game exactly how it should be played. that is why everyone enjoys watching them unlike certain teams who like to spoil it for everyone by playing defensive football from the first to the last minute but it will be a whole different story if Barca score the first goal as that might make Liverpool nervous...but in truth I don't see Barca knocking Liverpool out in Anfield. :(

I would love to see Chelsea draw Liverpool again in the quarters(given they come over Porto...wouldn't that be a wonderful game to watch as we all know which team will come out on top as always whenever it's a knockout tie... :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

H   

Sxb Bob maybe you shouldn't really write out Barca before the game has even started. Liverpool have shown many short comings so far this season marka expect to play a better and motivated Barca team at Anfield. I do hope Eto is fit enough to lead the attack because finishing is were they have had many problems.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings :D

NGONGE   

Barca will lose at Liverpool. They’re a great team with very good players but their manager is not of the class of Banitez.

Barca enjoy playing down the middle and mostly relying on Deco & co to pass the ball about to the fast guys on the sides. Liverpool cut the supply there last week and they shall do the same again at home. Barca will (again) try to attack right through the middle but with Alonso, Sissoko (who drove them crazy last time) and Gerrard Liverpool are sure to hold them back.

Here is my usual annual prediction, coming to you very early this year:

Liverpool are going to be crowned European champions for the sixth time. You heard it here first. :D

H   

I agree with you on the fact that Barca play through the Midefield and you did indeed cut out that part of the game last week, however note that Messi was not very effective in the wings cuz he just came off injury and requires more games to be fit enough (Guilly should have played instead), also remember that Saviola was wasting alot of clear cut chances upfront that am very sure Eto would have taken advantage of. all in all Barca should probably take the game to Liverpool. They simply cannot give up Ngoge it is not their character to do so!!! The talk of Liverpool claiming the crown should for some other time.

Bob

your insinuiation that i am another johnny come lately doesnt insult me in the slightest but i will remind you that liverpool are a team who's majority of its fanbase travel from norway and sveden.

back to the subject matter i do think that chelsea v liverpool would be a great game. it would a chance for chelsea to get revenge or liverpool to show their strength again in europe. i think chelsea in europe is an incosistent team so we shall just have to wait and see.

what kind of name is bob for a somali anyway. why you hiding your real name? it is not lars, erik or bjorn is it.....