Sign in to follow this  
SeeKer

Marrying a Shia

Mr.Taliban,a person who associates partners with Allah can't be called a muslim,even if they claim so.The pple of the book can be married coz they don't associate Allah with partners but they rejected his prophet.Today's pple of the book associate Allah with partners,their religion has been changed alot so its biased.Those that we can marry ,are those that are 100% monotheists.The issue regarding shias,they do lots of shirk and things that are gravely forbidden,and they are a sect so i don't know but many sheikhs accuse of them of being mushriks,my local imam says that shias are not muslims.

Taliban   

Originally posted by Lieutenant Xalane:

Mr.Taliban,a person who associates partners with Allah can't be called a muslim,even if they claim so.

What can such a person be called? And can a Muslim marry her?

The pple of the book can be married coz they don't associate Allah with partners but they rejected his prophet.

Please elaborate "they don't associate Allah with partners but they rejected his prophet."

Today's pple of the book associate Allah with partners,their religion has been changed alot so its biased.

Agreed.

Those that we can marry ,are those that are 100% monotheists.

Please tell us where we can find them.

The issue regarding shias,they do lots of shirk and things that are gravely forbidden,and they are a sect so i don't know but many sheikhs accuse of them of being mushriks,my local imam says that shias are not muslims.

In light of what you have said, do I conclude your local imam doesn't allow marrying Shia women?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Ameen   

Assalam alaikum

Now why does it seem like everybody is ganging up against Taliban? He does make some solid points.

I think the answer lies in all our comments...I mean just look at how much attention this topic is drawing...and with all the knowledge available to us (ie, the internet,books,people with knowledge,etc) we are using our personal opinions to gather more support for our natural thoughts (funny use of words, but hopefully you get my point). How many people used a source to justify their answers...well anyways Seeker, Im not really suprised that you found a fatwa that allows those who follow the Sunni school of thought to marry Shi'ites (nowadays, look hard enough and you can find anything), but my question is....why commit yourself to a matter (ie, marriage) to a sect that is viewed by many as those "outside the fold of Islam"?. Its fact that they commit much shirk and many of those who have knowledge have labelled them as Mushriks (also mentioned above by Lieutenant Xalane), so why take the chance? Its better to be safe than sorry, to be silent (to stay away from the issue all together) rather than to be questioned on The Day, when our hearts will be at our throats. True or false?

And Allah knows best

Taliban,geez,its like i got to elaborate on almost everything.Fine.

Any one who associates partners with Allah commits shirk and Allah never forgives shirk.All religions,be it judaism or christianity came down as monotheistic. a muslim cannot marry persons that are in this state and i don't know what to call them,maybe they got a name in arabic or something,but they sure are not monotheists,so they belong to no religion at all,and a muslim can only marry from the pple of the book.That means pple who stricly follow the original commandments of their books.

As of ''they do not associate partners with Allah but rejected his prophet'',all other religions ,be it judaism or christianity,believe in Allah,but what they rejected is the belief of his last messenger,Maxamad p.b.u.h.Thats before these religions have been manipulated,now they are biased and today they do associate partners with Allah.Take christianity as an example,they pray to Allah,then to jesus and then u got the holy spiritsghosts or whatever they call them.

This soldier ain't taking anything on u Taliban,am just contributing,so don't get the feeling that am against ur views or stuff,i hardly read them,i just read ur questions,and i had to answer them to the best of my ability.Its unwise to argue upon religion,for there is nothing that is hidden,we have the Quran,the Hadith and then the Sunnah of the prophet.Pple,including these major sects do argue on many issues that are un important,some deny basic teachings such as the Hadiths and the Sunnahs of the Prophet p.b.u.h.Its never good to come up with ur own stuff in islam,but many sects did come up with their own things.However,seeking answers as u do is a honorable way of persuing the light of Allah.

Allah knows best...

Taliban   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

i thought you already conceded on this issue.

On the issue of marrying a Christian woman who associates Allah with partners, I did. ThePoint defeated me on that issue. However, on the issue of marrying a Muslim (Sunni) woman who commits shirk, I have yet to concede. Someone has to defeat me by failing my new case miserably. Perhaps you could be that someone? :D

Originally posted by Ameen:

Now why does it seem like everybody is ganging up against Taliban? He does make some solid points.

Thanks for the kind words. smile.gif

Originally posted by Lieutenant Xalane:

Taliban,geez,its like i got to elaborate on almost everything.Fine.

Just the line I quotation-marked, sxb, not everything. I asked the elaboration, because I was taught there were people of the Book who knew about the coming of nabi Muhammad (pbuh). When Allah sent nabi Muhammad (pbuh) with the message of Islam, some of those people accepted Islam and the prophethood of nabi Muhammad (pbuh), while many others rejected Islam altogether.

You make fine points on the issue of marrying a woman who associates Allah with partners. The issue of marrying a Christian woman doesn't stop at associating Allah with partners, the top and worst kind of sins, a sin Allah never forgives (if you die without repentance). In addition to associating Allah with partners, a Christian woman eats pork, drinks alcohol, does a host of other actions and has beliefs that are in contradiction with Islam. How can Islam allow a Muslim to marry, make love to and have children with a Christian woman in such state? I agree with what you have stated, those that we can marry, are those that are 100% monotheists. Associating Allah with partners is in direct and total contradiction with the spirit of monotheism.

Allah knows best.

I have not posted anything for a long time now..... But this topic seems interesting...So here I go. First off Taliban Muslims are not told to marry drunken, pork eating, all night partying christian women. Get you're facts straight okay. They're to marry believing christians the one's who actually try to live a good clean life and not call themselves christian by name. Plus there is no need to compare christian with shia. Because christian are misguided people who perhaps can believe the truth once they find it. But shia on the other hand claim to be muslim and associate partnership with Allah. All the whie knowing that Quran is suppose to be their Guidance.

If you ask me I don't see the point of marrying a shia. All they will do is try to make you believe in their weird twisted way. Most likely if he's a dude he'll take you're child away to Iran or whereever they are a majority. Then eventually that poor child if she's a girl will be married of 10 times or more.They see that Islam is based on Quran and Sunnah. Yet they want to brag about ALi for eternity as if he's their saviour. I think you should look into their beliefs more clearly. Some of them are good humans being just like everyone else. But what they belief makes me wonder whats wrong with them.

Taliban   

Originally posted by sweet_gal:

Plus there is no need to compare christian with shia. Because christian are misguided people who perhaps can believe the truth once they find it. But shia on the other hand claim to be muslim and associate partnership with Allah. All the whie knowing that Quran is suppose to be their Guidance.

Are you saying the Shia cannot believe the truth once they find it, but Christians can? I am asking the question because I have heard there are many Shia who left their sect and become Sunni Muslims.

Aaliyyah   

I am yet to see somalis who are shias, so really this topic is irrelevant smile.gif unless ofcourse u guys are thinking of getting married 2 iranians , or iraqis. Anyways, I don't think there is anything wrong with marrying a shias for muslim girls just make sure that you try show him the right way of life, and work on yr minor disagreements. As muslim brother, as we all know they can also marry ppl of the book Jews, christians, and muslims....so ofcourse it is pathetic asking whether one can marry a shia or not? since you can marry a christian obviously you can marry a shia

wa salaam

wa salaam

Taliban   

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

since you can marry a christian obviously you can marry a shia

What about the question everyone is afraid to answer? Are you brave enough to answer it? If so, here again is the question:

Can a (Sunni) Muslim marry a (Sunni) Muslima who associates partners with Allah?

Castro   

^ A "sunni Muslima" who associates partners with Allah has invalidated her Muslimhood and Sunnihood. So your question is moot.

Taliban   

Originally posted by Castro:

A "sunni Muslima" who associates partners with Allah has invalidated her Muslimhood and Sunnihood. So your question is moot.

You didn't get the question nor have answered it. The question isn't about invalidation.

Aaliyyah   

This is what you need to understand. When a sunni muslimah associates Allah with other partners than you can't consider her a muslim, she is only a muslima by name. To be a muslim means to accept that there is no god but allah. As you know when someone converts they have to say "ashhadu ana laa ilaahun ila laah" to become a muslim which means in English I testify there is no god but allah. And once some one asscoiates Allah with some one else then they are non-believers.

Wa salaamu alaikum

Aaliyyah   

and about who can u get married to ..I would say the better question for you brothers would be who is better or preferable to get married to....would it be a sunni sister,,,,a wanna be sunni sister that believes in another god or whatever u meant by associated another god with allah partners...(I wonder what they are ..statues lol ..How many things out there that show that there is no god bt Allah yet we still act blind subhanalaah)....a shia....a christian a Jew...u name it ...,I would say it is whole lot better to just get married to suni sister who actually practices her relegion. To avoid shias, christians, Jews..wanna be sunnis yet contast everything that is on the koran.....it is really hard to maintain your relegion nowadays in abroad. Imagine, making it more tough on yrselves by getting married to christian or a Jew for that matter......stick with yr sunnis, and i mean real sunnis,,,,not some one who claims to be a suni...to be a sunni means to belive in Allah and no other...so u all dont complicate life stick with some one who really practices their relegion.

Wa salaaamu alaikum