Sign in to follow this  
SeeKer

Marrying a Shia

Nur   

Thanks brother, Baarakallah feek, May Allah take your hand and ours to Jannah, so we can sit in comfortable couches sipping on camel milk, nothing but good feelings in our hearts for each other. like allah says in Quraan " wa nazacnaa maa fii suduurihim min ghillin, ikhwaanan calaa sururin mutaqaabiliin"

Nur

Taliban   

Originally posted by SeeKer:

Taliban, first off taaqiyah is only supposed to be used in terms of danger and people who misuse it are not really practicing are they. As for mut'a marriage if you read their text its intentions are meant to be noble. Here is another case in which it is misused and misunderstood by people who listen instead of read. Anyway Allahu ya3lam we all have our own beliefs and stand by it. I was having this arguement with someone and realized I didn't know much about what shias are about except the propaganda being said about them.

As a Sunni Muslim, mut'a marriage is haram to me, while it's halal to a Shia woman. In the likelihood that I and a Shia woman decide to get married, she will lie to me if she has practiced mut'a marriage because she knows it's haram to me and I would never marry a woman who has married multiple times for sex and fun. She will lie to me, and it will not factor what taaqiyah is only supposed to be used.

I find it difficult to grasp how as you have claimed the intentions of mut'a marriage are meant to be noble. Marriage is a very important institution in society that's meant to last in the lifetime of married people. Islam highly discourages divorce. Marriage is about procreation, companionship, fatherhood, motherhood, responsibilities, sacrifices, iwm. If anything, marriage isn't about temporarily satisfying your natural urges.

You know that not all shias practice the short term engagement, what taaqiyah is only supposed to be used, how the intentions of mut'a marriage are meant to be noble, yet you claim to not know much about what shias are about except the propaganda being said about them. This sounds like a form of taaqiyah. Are you Shia? :confused:

SeeKer   

Taliban, does anyone who knows about shiasm automatically shia? Bisinka maybe I shouldn't have this wealth of knowledge about Christianity too, I might be a catholic. smile.gif

The oNe aNd OnLy, maybe because for some odd reason they like each other and their intentions are good. By the way, my friend is a witness of a sunni-shia union which seems to be fairing well. So its not a far fetched idea now innit?

Anyway, I found the link for the previous thread and I am going through it. Skimming through it I can see this is a touchy topic, but I would still like to understand the validity of a marriage between the two school of thoughts.

Khalaf   

Taliban arent we allowed to marry women of the book (jews/christains), whats wrong with shia woman if she is a good woman?

for the woman u are to marry a believer in Tawheed (means no shirk "my sheikh has powers" or belief in omens, ect some sunnis do this ie somalis) and one who preforms salat, cant marry a tarag salat. (this is what imam said).

Allah Knows best.

Taliban   

Originally posted by Khalaf:

Taliban arent we allowed to marry women of the book (jews/christains), whats wrong with shia woman if she is a good woman?

for the woman u are to marry a believer in Tawheed (means no shirk "my sheikh has powers" or belief in omens, ect some sunnis do this ie somalis) and one who preforms salat, cant marry a tarag salat. (this is what imam said).

Who are women of the Book (Jews/Christians) that Islam allows to be married? They are those who have have received divine scriptures, the Torah and the Injil. Is the Torah or the Injil in its original format? Nope, at least not the current Torah or Injil(s) that the vast majority of Jews and Christians follow. The current Torah and Injil have been tampered with and contain human handiwork, laws, instructions, values, iwm. A typical Christian woman believes in the divinity of Issa (aleyhi salam) and the doctrine of Trinity, two shirk beliefs. A typical Jewish woman believes in at least one belief or doctrine that's in contradiction with Islam. The women of the Book that Islam allows to be married are those who follow the original Torah and Injil sans the tamperings. If you can find such women of the Book, then there's no problem with marrying them.

Nothing is wrong with a Shia woman per se, especially if she is a good woman, except her beliefs and practices of mut'a marriage and taqiyya (two Shia beliefs I am against, so far).

Allah Knows best.

ElPunto   

^That is simply incorrect - modern scholars do not interpret 'People of the Book' as the ones who followed the original books - 'People of the Book' is interpreted as the modern day Christians and Jews.

I think it is fairly clear that one has the ability to marry a Shia - but opinions will vary on whether one should.

Taliban   

Originally posted by ThePoint:

That is simply incorrect - modern scholars do not interpret 'People of the Book' as the ones who followed the original books - 'People of the Book' is interpreted as the modern day Christians and Jews.

Are you saying Islam allows marrying a Christian woman who believes in the divinity of Issa (aleyhi salam) and the doctrine of Trinity? :confused: I am asking the question because the original Christians didn't believe Issa (aleyhi salam) was divine, nor did they believe in the doctrine of Trinity (which didn't exist back then).

Taliban   

Go look it up - this is not shocking new stuff

But you didn't answer the question. Why are you afraid of answering it? It's simple, yes or no.

ElPunto   

Yes. I thought that was clear.

1. Marrying a Christian woman is something that Allah has permitted in the Qur'an (An-Nisaa': 5), and you are not allowed to forbid what Allah has permitted.

Taliban   

1. Marrying a Christian woman is something that Allah has permitted in the Qur'an (An-Nisaa': 5), and you are not allowed to forbid what Allah has permitted.

A Christian woman believes Issa (aleyhi salam) was the son of Allah (subhanallah). She also believes in the doctrine of Trinity (the belief that Allah, His son and the Holy Spirit are one). I am not saying Christian women are polytheists, but am saying they commit polytheism (shirk). For those of us who practice Islam, we aren't even willing to marry a liberal Muslim woman who parties at nightclubs and engages in adventurous affairs. Are we willing to marry a Christian woman who commits shirk? I rest my case.

Taliban   

It's not about willingness or desier - it's about persimibility. On that score - your case has failed miserably.

I concede my case has miserably failed. You're perfectly correct a Muslim can marry a Christian woman who associates Allah with partners. I am curious, can a Muslim marry a Muslim woman who associates Allah with partners?