Sign in to follow this  
Nugul

Suaal

Nugul   

Thank you all, your efforts and time are really appretiated. If I am being thruthful, this is the first time that I had doubts. Similar thoughts came into my head 5 or 6 years ago. I lived on my own....stopped praying, but fasted Ramadan. Then slowly I restarted praying and became stronger. I had no problems whatsoever, it just happened.

Now I just miss prayers for no apparent reasons. I would pray asar then miss Maghrib.

True I am an anxious person ( not so in the future) but about anything. For example, if I fail to help someone, I worried about that for months to come;if I gave advice someone I would be thinking all day whether that was the right thing to say etc.

Zach,

ma hanaqsanahey God? yes, I do. Aniga I live in dunya not in akherah. i am trying to get ready for hereafter but, whatabout if there is no akhirah? I thought in Islam we can love dunya as much as we should work for akhirah, so I do not see anything wrong with me feeling sad about this dunya.

the real reasson for your problem is a lack of knowledge about Tawheed. qof muslim ah majiro oo shaki ka geli karo Ilaahay(swt) inuu jiro iyo inkale

so my advise to u will be: seek knowledge about Tawheed and practice it. then u'll see that all ur worries about the dunya-issues will fanish

http://aqedaah-al-muwahidin.forumh.net/f112-tawheed-asludeen

this is the only site i know about tawheed as the prohet had preeched. so dont hesitate to visit it

Nugul   

I do not think so. Hadaa waan tukadey i am still sitting on the mat, but i am stil unsure about god. waan qabaa both Westren and somali/islamic education.

i do not want anymore discussion, i have to deal with it. qof ma i fahmi karo. I have to deal with this with my own ways.

I think that's perfectly normal.

Everybody has had doubts and then you either overcome your doubts and become a stronger believer or not.

But what I do think is a little worrying is your feelings of ungratefulness. You say it's because you fear you might be infertile. Although that alone should have been enough, you talked about having been treated badly by Asian Muslims in your university years and having asked for many things in past. It kind of sounded like you were still feeling a little resentful about that. Just throwing this out, but did it ever occur to your mind that you might have just been a generally ungrateful person? And that because of general ungratefulness, hard things kept happening? I would say learn to be grateful. Force yourself if you have to. Write down each day 20 things you are grateful for and thank God for them. If you don't want to do it, remember that it's a choice and you are choosing to stay ungrateful. It's the blocking brick, get rid of it so God's kindness might reach you.

Pyjamas;682621 wrote:
The prophet said this world is like a prison for us and like Jannah for non-muslims.

First time I heard this, I thought it was because the believer's soul longs for God and Paradise which are not in this world, and hence feels like a prisoner.

I think it sounds kind of silly to think the world is a prison because we can't go gamble and be entertained by male/female strippers whilst drinking champagne and snorting cocaine from pork rolls.

I'll go with the soul's yearning for God.

Nugul   

5;683041 wrote:
I think that's perfectly normal.

Everybody has had doubts and then you either overcome your doubts and become a stronger believer or not.

But what I do think is a little worrying is your feelings of ungratefulness. You say it's because you fear you might be infertile. Although that alone should have been enough, you talked about having been treated badly by Asian Muslims in your university years and having asked for many things in past. It kind of sounded like you were still feeling a little resentful about that. Just throwing this out, but did it ever occur to your mind that you might have just been a generally ungrateful person? And that because of general ungratefulness, hard things kept happening? I would say learn to be grateful. Force yourself if you have to. Write down each day 20 things you are grateful for and thank God for them. If you don't want to do it, remember that it's a choice and you are choosing to stay ungrateful. It's the blocking brick, get rid of it so God's kindness might reach you.

Well, it sounds to me you are the only person who took out of context the mention of Asian Muslims and their treatment towards me. Whether that was something to be grateful for or not, it was a point that mentioned in relation to the damage that isolation has had on me (wondering if what I am experiencing is much related to the mental damage caused by those lonely years). My post is expressed well so cannot understand what made you wrote this comment.

As for whether I am a grateful person or not, you cannot tell that just because I am expressing some worries and desires. I would not mind being reminded of to be grateful for what I have already (as some already did), but your self-righteousness is uncalled for and certainly not welcomed.

Nugul   

I am not ready this to get personall. I read everything that has beEN SAID SO FAR AND AM TAKING IT INTO CONSIDERATION,

BUT PLEASE STOP WRITING HERE.

COULD THE MODERATORS PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD AS I AM REGRETTING STARTING IT. I NEED TO GET BETTER NOT TO BE JUDGED.

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

Listen, I was not judging you Nugul. You said in your first post that "gaalasha wax kasto bee helaan". You said you asked God many times to ease things for you, you said you were mentally exhausted before you met your husband - and now you have more fears. I asked whether everything that happened in the past might have been a result of possible ungratefulness. I was certainly not judging you and I apologize if it sounded like that.

I simply happen to believe our thoughts and actions have consequences. If you surround yourself with negative feelings and thinking (your lonely academic years, sheydaan) then of course it will be more difficult to be sincerely grateful for everything else. If one is not feeling happy from the inside, gratitude will not come easily. Anyway that was just my 2 cents, I hope I did not manage to offend you even further.

Nugul   

No need to apologize, I can indeed see that you were trying to be helpful. I was a bit sensitive about it.

I am really grateful to all of you who wrote here, and believe me I took comfort of everything you have written here.

Aaliyyah   

Nugul that is good to know sis. May Allah subhanahu wa tacaala improve your circumstance. Just remember to be grateful to allah swt cala kuli xaal ( in every circumstance) regardless of how hard it is , remember you are blessed in different way (ie you have ur senses (how many are blind, deaf, disabled) you have your house/apartment whatever meel aa ku noshahay oo nabad baa haysata , you have your husband who im sure will love u regardless of the situation if u talk to him and if he doesnt understand theres always that chance that ull find someone (a person is replaceable but Allah swt he is the one and only you should never lose your faith), you have your general health alhamdulilah, you are not in war torn country, you are not hungry, and I can go on and on about your blessings and you have so much more sister than what you are missing...inta ka maqan caruurtana ilaahay waxba kuma aha in uu kusiiyo but perhaps thats his test to you ilaahay qofwalba si buu u imtixaana by showing patience ilaahay will reward you and bless you even more..)

take care hun

salaam

Aaliyyah   

5 I personally dnt think it means the soul's yearning for God but rather that we are living by the way allah swt comanded us and staying away from what he prohibited and not indulging in what our soul desires ..and probably just comparing it to heaven where you get to do all that you desire without any xuduud (boundaries)..on the other hands a non believer does as he desires..so it would be prison in terms that we have to control our desires and realize that much more is waiting for us in the here after..With that been said we are all desiring for the day we meet our lord swt and especially if we worked for it the reward will be great inshallah tacaala And what our soul desires does not necessary mean we want to club or drink vodka (but you know we are all humans and im sure we wouldnt mind doing as we please) but now that we are muslims we know we have to pray 5 times a day, pay the zakat, fast ramadan etc (because we know in the here after we will be rewarded for it) and that we have to stay away from backbiting, doing zina, stealing etc. As Islam is a way of life (it tells us how to live our life in every way it doesnt leave anything in doubt) without it we would be sheeps doing as our soul desires? But the quran keeps us in check! No??!

salaam

Pyjamas   

Aaliyyah I agree with everything you said! Masha'allah well written :)

Nugul,

Whenever you remember about all the hardships you went through, remember you will have to face many more hardships in the future. Life is not easy, they say living is harder than dying (because of all the things we have to overcome.)

Allah (swt) tell us he does not burden a soul with more than it can bear. (Qur’an 2: 286)

Sister be strong, keep to your 5 daily prayers,

And know that there are always people who have it much worse than us. We don't live in Palestine where people live in fear bombs and raids, parents worrying they'll find the blown up bodies of their children etc.

Aaliyyah   

^thank you walaal. Mashallah your post is full of wisdom as well. I hope our posts helped Nugul even in the smallest way possible. Also, everything we write serves first as a reminder to ourselves and then to Nugul and the rest of the Solers..

salaam

Bashiir   

Build yourself a palace in paradise

Look how many generations have passed away. Did they take their wealth with them? Did they take their palaces and their high status? Were they buried with their gold and silver? Did they take their cars and planes with them to the hereafter? No! They were stripped of even their clothing, and placed in their graves in their shrouds, then each of them was asked: Who is your Lord, who is your Prophet, what is your religion? So prepare yourself for that day; do not grieve or despair about any worldly comforts, for they are cheap and transient. Nothing will abide except righteous deeds. Allah, the Exalted says:

‘Whoever works righteousness – whether male or female – while he [or she] is a true believer [of Islamic Monotheism] verily, to him We will give a good life [in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision], and we shall pay them with certainty a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do [i.e. Paradise in the Hereafter].’ (Qur’aan 16:97)

Read more