Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

Malika   

^Good, let her and them out of your mind.

Have a nice and blessed day yaa all! am out - to slave for the day..lol

N.O.R.F   

^The 40% is on everything over the threshold (not the whole lot). Meeshaas cashuur uun bay kaa gurayaan (why I'm reluctant to move back).

Afternoon all.

Good morning/afternoon all ,,, Malika, Juxa, NG and Norf iyo inta kele oo dhan :D

Still overthinking .... but can always make something fun. A colleague from Nepal fainted as he was flying to Nairobi they told him there is a problem in the plane and made an emergency landing at Hargeisa yesterday. He is still in shock and says he didn't sleep the whole night. Now he is thinking of walking all the to Nepal :D

NGONGE   

When you say over £34k you really have to be specific. Up to 34,370 you will still be on the lower rate (20%). Anything between that and £150k will be charged at 40%. Anything over that, is (still) on 50%. I am not sure if there is any way to avoid it if you're a salaried employee. Of course, you could always ask them to pay the extra into your pension fund. You'll get tax relief for that so that for every £80 you put in the government will give you £20. Of course, I have no idea what amounts you're talking about here, but if you hurry and start now, you can put up to £50k in your pension pot and expect an additional 20% from the government on that. In fact, if you have not used this allowance in the previous three years you'll be able to put up to £545k into your pension fund before you start being taxed for it. Intaa o lacag ma haysa? And, are you single? I have a brother you know. :D

Juxa   

oh shut it^^^

but thanks for explaining, there is just so much talk about exceeding £35k whether it is worth to get it as salary or maybe take shares, pension or other luuqluuq options

it is a shame poor people get taxed @40% really!

norf is right.............meeshan waa inlaga guuraa

NGONGE   

^^ True. But you don't (hopefully) always stay at 35k dee. The idea is that you will get pay rises and, in time, you will see the benefits. And, at any rate, if you get 35K only £630 of that gets taxed at 40% (the first 34,370 is at 20%). There is logic to this madness.

There are lots of luuqluuq options but those only apply (and are worth it) if you're loaded.

Juxa   

yeah yeah i know (i actually passed my taxation law exam, mind you by divine intervention), my question actually is related to taking part of salary as pension or option to purchase shares etc

i am wondering if some employers are using by way of qaarajis, or if they genuinely caring...

let me find out about the other luuqluuq

N.O.R.F   

^take the shares.

So what are you qualified to advise on Juxa?

Ngonge, you must know your auditors by their first names by now :D

NGONGE   

^^ They keep changing them. :D

Want something to cheer you up? (even if you've seen it before) search for the video called "ape with ak 47 in west africa". I laughed so loud that people came out of their rooms to see what's wrong. :D :D

nuune   
Ngonge, su'aal ku saabsan xisaabaadka, adaa iga yaqaano, you know, ayuuto or hagbad baan ku jiraa, my first time though, they mad women keep telling me I am next to get paid even though they told me 5 times earlier(maalmahan habraha ayaan ku dhax jiraa, sxb, wey faa'iido badanyihiin), when will I get paid, I supposed to be the last one, but that has passed few weeks ago, would I be liable for taxation, and how much if 40% is deducted from me given that they pay me, the mad women told me I have to pay government levy but I haven't seen any money from them yet and they threaten me with levies and water charges smileys.gif

N.O.R.F   

:D

Even better if you watch clips of those Japanese prank programmes. They will make you laugh even louder. Enough for the Queen to hear down the road :D

NGONGE   

nuune, I like islaamha. They're full of crazy stories. Like the one I heard recently about a mother and son who upon waking up one morning, heard the door bell ring. The mother told the son to go and open it (thinking it was the electricity man). He does. Five masked men run into the house, beat the hell out of him and tie him up to a chair. They tell the mother to give them 'the money'. She tells them she has none but they insist that they know she has money and know the exact amount. They finally take her seven thousand pound hagbad and flee. The islaamo say that this incident happend to several islaamo now and that someone must be telling these theives about the wealth of Somali islaamo. Yacni, lacgtaada waa kakac! :D

nuune   

lool hagbad thieves,

I don't mind in ay lacagta gubato, kolleey habraha unbey ku maqantahey, gabdhahoodaa laga jari laakin,

but what is this levy or water charges smileys.gif