Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

nuune   

Where do you want to go Malika, Yurkud, Mareereey, Goldogob, Xaafuun, halkee u socotaa bal, Norf ayaa Travel Consultant ah.

JB, sawirkaas ma Turkaanaa, iyagaa hablahooda quful ku taagee

Malika   

^Waxaan uu radineyee dee.

I am not heading to Somalia yet ,xaafuun would have been a good place to visit....- but someone else is and its a good deal. A family of seven - wexee rabaan from Lnd to Dubai to Bosaso...

nuune   

is Dubai a must or just for transit, otherwise I have better routes than Dubai for Somalia.

Ps: There is no such thing as Dubai-Bosaso, rather it is Dubai-Djibouti-Berbera-Bosaso, so be careful ayaan idin dhahey specially if it is a family

Malika   

^Hello Habo - ii waraan.

hmmm - reerku mar horee ayee jiidkasii raceen - they go on transit to Dubai first time and spend a week on return in Dubai - magaac bee kuu shegeysee dayuurad oo Bosaso tageysoo...

nuune   

Che, no but only as far as Raas Caseyr, even this place is a heaven on earth, Xaafuun iyadu waaba paradise, waxaa laga dhigi karaa the best resort in Africa, Maldives dhinac mar aa la dhahaa, with own airports and hotels, Xaafuun has a good business potential.

Inshaa Allaah my next visit, I will make sure to visit there

Malika, the crazy Somali leased planes hawadey ka wada baxeen and out of business, only jubba airways go to Boosaaso and it is a hell airline, but if they know that route, then they can use it again

Malika   

^The only things is they have been qouted all sorts - thus asking if anyone knows a reasonable agent erm...with reasonable prices.

nuune - thus my liking Xaafuun - waa meel qataar aa for ocean obsessed like me.

nuune   

Che yes that is the place, small island connected to the land by a small strip,

Look at google earth on Xaafuuun,

Malika, adiga hadaa aragto Xaafuun maadan ku soo noqoteen qurbaha, waa waxaad jecleyd

Malika   

^Haye nuune soo diib hee the agency numbers ..

Hello Arch - how are things going? - the only video I could find on youtube of Xaafuun is this one - pardon the noisy music..lol

Che - yes it was one of the areas really effected by the tsunami.

nuune   

lol agency numbers, Norf baa haya kuwaa, aniga I never went to agency to book tickets even to Somalia, actually you can book tickets with Jubba online to boosaaso, save the service charges by the rogue agencies in London

nuune   

Just captured these two images from Google Earth

xaafuun.gif

xaafuun1.gif

Not more than a hundred people live there, you can see few houses there all in one place.

Malika   

nuune - told the lady, but Somali waad iska garaneysaa.

Indeed, Xaafuun is captivating - a fisherman's wife baan iska noqoon laha...also would have created a little paradise on earth resort, targetting the 'green' sort of clients..No big hotels - just nature as it was intended..