Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

NGONGE   

This weekend, Norf. I already wrote a transcript of the interview on his FB, did you not see it? :D

p.s.

Juxa, yaa ii karinaya dee? So reerko "indisposed" maaha. Which is one reason I'm at working when I'm in such ill health instead of taking the day off and sleeping it off. :(

Juxa   

allaha ku caafiyo, get normal soup, some chilly and lemon and you are good to go

transcripta inta kusoo qor so i can proof read it

N.O.R.F   

Ngonge, I did read it :D

Eat something grilled and a bit spicy or go to the Somali cafe and get a maraq. Does the trick.

JB, where was the interview held? Maansoor? Ambassador? Mise Summertime? :D

NGONGE   

lol@Juxa proof reading. I think Jb will kill me if I post it here. But, as you know, I'm a geesi. Here you go:

Interviwer:Next, we'll be speaking to Mr J. Baro, an active Somali blogger and journalist from Somaliland. Mr Baro, what is your take on the plight of the Somali journalists and the continued suppression of the media in the horn of africa?..

Jb: Bismi allahi al raxman al raxeem. actually, i am fery habby to take bart in your brogram and i watch it all da time. ehm. eeen, furdermore and wid regards to your brefious question about da somali journalists..een..i actually belief dat it ees WRONG what dey are doing to dem. however, eeen, dese journalist sometimes are at fault. ehem..for exsamble; dey write a lot of "bacaac"; dis is a somali word which means cantarbaqash, in adar words "xashiish". if da journalist slow down on da bacaac da goferment will stop targeting dem. but, of course, and wid out any conditions, let me tell you from here in da middle of hargeisa - which as viewers know is da cabital of the indebendent country by da name somaliland - dat i strongly abboos any unfair treatement of any good journalist who is not afflicded wid da bacaac disees.

Interviewer: sorry Mr Baro, we missed the last part of your comment there, we think you have a bad connection.

Jb: dis is imbossible! i haf already told you I am in Hargeisa, we have TREE G in Hargeisa and more kaybal is coming. da broblem must be from your side. I know dis because sometimes your webside crashes when i try to access it. Hello? Haalooo? War raggi maxa ku dhacy!

NGONGE;874477 wrote:
lol@Juxa proof reading. I think Jb will kill me if I post it here. But, as you know, I'm a geesi. Here you go:

Interviwer
:Next, we'll be speaking to Mr J. Baro, an active Somali blogger and journalist from Somaliland. Mr Baro, what is your take on the plight of the Somali journalists and the continued suppression of the media in the horn of africa?..

Jb
: Bismi allahi al raxman al raxeem. actually, i am fery habby to take bart in your brogram and i watch it all da time. ehm. eeen, furdermore and wid regards to your brefious question about da somali journalists..een..i actually belief dat it ees WRONG what dey are doing to dem. however, eeen, dese journalist sometimes are at fault. ehem..for exsamble; dey write a lot of "bacaac"; dis is a somali word which means cantarbaqash, in adar words "xashiish". if da journalist slow down on da bacaac da goferment will stop targeting dem. but, of course, and wid out any conditions, let me tell you from here in da middle of hargeisa - which as viewers know is da cabital of the indebendent country by da name somaliland - dat i strongly abboos any unfair treatement of any good journalist who is not afflicded wid da bacaac disees.

Interviewer
: sorry Mr Baro, we missed the last part of your comment there, we think you have a bad connection.

Jb
: dis is imbossible! i haf already told you I am in Hargeisa, we have TREE G in Hargeisa and more kaybal is coming. da broblem must be from your side. I know dis because sometimes your webside crashes when i try to access it. Hello? Haalooo? War raggi maxa ku dhacy!

:D :D @ - a lot of "bacaac"; dis is a somali word which means cantarbaqash, in adar words "xashiish".

love it - NG - is back on top form.

I actaully wish the somali politician were as articulate as this J Baro character and peppered their english talks with lots of somali words - instead of the other way round - when they are talking in Af-soomaali