Sign in to follow this  
Abu-Salman

Online Networking Fitnah

With all these display of flesh online, it's embarrassing to come accross yet another relative in flashy attires etc (especially with girls).

Should we boycott Facebook but loose a convenient way of monitoring at the same time?

However, I am getting more convinced that the cons outweigh the pros, as it's hard to resist wandering around old acquaintances and other parties's pictures...

Some rulings on Online Networking & Da'wah?

Of course, I'm thinking of alerting the parents so that more fundamentals decisions are taken before the next scandal...

Who asked you to "wonder" around?Isnt it your duty as a Muslim man to lower your gaze and avoid fitna? You dont have to poke around and then complain. People will do what they want to do. If you want inaad u nasteexeyso, do so.

hodman   

^^^ I agree just because a picture is posted online does not mean u should get an eyeful. Like C&H said either e-mail or text

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ How does one lower the gaze online, C&H?

by not poking around other people's albums online

NGONGE   

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

Dont look at people's pictures and profiles even if they're a "long lost" relatives. Instead, send them an e-mail. And viola! you avoided Fitna.

Stuff and nonsense. It's like going to a strip club but sticking to your principles and not paying for a private dance.

Lol@strip club. No,no it is like sitting outside of the strip club and commenting on people's outfits and behavior. Thats why I dont have a facebook, never had, never will. I earn enough danbi when I'm with my friends and they're on facebook and then they show me so and so who went to school with us but who is suddenly a stunning model-looking, acting like a fool and I bite my tongue because I know I will have a say about grown people photoshopping themselves and posting their bussiness all over the internet not knowing who they're inviting to their lives.

Nur   

C & H writes:

Thats why I dont have a facebook, never had, never will.

Baarkallahu feeki.

Nur

sometimes I wonder why some people just don't build a wall around themselves and call it a day rather preaching to others what they should be doing.

On a serious note, why are Muslims so outwardly judging everyone rather then just focusing on themselves. There, better question then should we avoid facebook

hodman   

Originally posted by Kanzy:

^Would it be fitna to poke you?

Just kidding. I don't even know what poking means on facebook.

lol if you don't know what it means how did you know there is such a thing?