Sign in to follow this  
Viking

Losers in Islam

Viking   

Today's Friday khutba at the local mosque was about the pursuit of knowledge and improving one's life. I thought it was very important and wanted to share it with my fellow Nomads.

The imam said that if today is just like yesterday, and yesterday was like the day before in the life of a Muslim, then he/she is a LOSER. A Muslim ought to add something to his life every single day; We have to learn something new every single day or improve on something we did the previous day.

The imam also talked about how Our Noble prophet PBUH used to rely on a Jewish man to translate documents sent to him from the Jews. Hassan ibn Thabit (the sheikh said Hassan but I think it was Zayd ibn Thabit; I could be wrong) learnt Hebrew (and later Syriac) in a very short time and helped translate the documents. Thanks to him, Our Noble prophet PBUH didn't need to rely on a Jew to translate the documents from his people.

The imam drew a comparison (of ibn Thabit's story) to the life we lead today; that we are on the 'recieving end' of almost everything. We depend on other people (non Muslims) for almost everything. He said that we haven't the zeal Muslims ought to have in life, in pursuit of knowledge. He said that we should aim to master every field, so that we can lean towards self sufficience and not need to rely on peoples of other civilisations. We should be the leaders in every field...

So, we need to look for ways to improve, adding something new to our lives every single day. That way we will grow s a nation, the Islamic Ummah.

Viking:

Your thoughts are much appreciated Viking.

Jazaaka allaahu khayra al-jazaa'

Salafi:

You are like the arab poet said:

wa qayru taqiyyin ya'muru an-naasa bi at-tuqaa

dabiibun yudaawii wa ad-dabiibu maridu.

Weyne24   

Originally posted by Viking:

The imam said that if today is just like yesterday, and yesterday was like the day before in the life of a Muslim, then he/she is a
LOSER. A Muslim ought to add something to his life every single day; We have to learn something new every single day or improve on something we did the previous day.

InshaAllah,from time to time i've to remind myself to follow imam's advise. Thank you viking.

Allahu Akbar!

Mutakalim, warya dude, The P.reformer,

Im not sure about you folks, but am concerned about who I take my religion from, just because some guy talks about the prophet (saw) and Allah does not mean he is upon clarity. The poster clearly advocates for the shia who speak ill of the sahaba, such as Mu’awiyah, Abu Bakr, and Aish and claim that Umar(ra) was a thief, saying that he stole the Khalifah from Ali(ra). Refer to Nur’s post for more info about shia’s Misguidance. This poster who encourages Tawassuf via Sufi Manners, believes Wahhabism(Allahu Musta3an),

Its up to u guys who u take your religion from, but It is in my best interested that I know who the shaykh is, and what he Is upon, lest I should be among the uninformed folks who take their knowledge from everyone who speaks about Islam!

Viking,

if virty means to insult Aisha(ra) , or if virty means to call upon the Deceased Pious people for assistance(ra), If virty means to Speak Ill of the Sahaba, then In that case, Let Allah be our witness that I Don’t know what Virty means!

Viking   

Salafi,

If a Jehovas Witness came to me and told me to be kind to animals, I would appreciate the advice and thank the person simply because being kind to animals doesn't go against my beliefs.

So sxb, if the message I conveyed (not wasting your time, seeking knowledge and improving your life) is against your deen, then we do not belong to the same deen. If you are a sane adult, then you should be able to distinguish distinct virtue from vice.

The persecuted reformer, Weyne 24 and Waryaa dude, YOU ARE WELCOME.

Sakina   

Salafi_Online

The Prophet (s.a.w.w) said

"Seek knowledge from cradle to grave".

"Seek knowledge even if it be in China". At that time China did not have any muslims. It is a duty of every muslims to seek useful knowledge even from the non muslims. That is what the sunna teaches us.

Viking If IBlis told you to be nice to animals you would appreciate his advice to! and we all know how Iblis approached Adaam and Xawa!

Sakinah It would be nice if you would reference your hadith! your not Thiqah!

Viking   

Salafi_Online,

Iblis' mission is to lead people astray, so he wouldn't be giving good advice. Didn't you know that? What he told Adam and Hawa (AS) to do was not in accordance with what Allah SWT had ordained them. Like I said earlier, I don't know what religion you adhere to because Islam emphasises in seeking knowledge.

Allahu Akbar

If its Iblis' job to lead people astray, then what about the Jehovas Witness what is there job!Allahu Musta3an

Seeking Knowledge is not the issue my friend, its who you seek the knowledge from! NEways this thread is just to boring, have fun

Viking   

Seeking Knowledge is not the issue my friend, its who you seek the knowledge from!

You are someone probably residing in the west, someone who uses technologies developed in the west (like the PC you log on to) everyday.

Waryaa Dude,

He's just an oaf!