Sign in to follow this  
ScarFace

ZZidane named Best Player of World Cup

He beats Canavarro and that is great indeed.

PS: I just found out the fourth official who told the referee (after seeing the video replay --- which is illegal) that Zidane committed the foul was actually from Spain. hmmm....

He denied seeing the video off course .

Tahliil   

I just want to know the psychology behind such act. What did he say that was so bad that he had to resort headbutt in a final game where Henri and Vieri are already benched..? Still a great player, still a magic in the pitch, still a huge fan but what on earth did that guy say to ZZ that made him go wild like that........I am curious....Did those sideline Mikes pick the exchange???what happened?

-Lily-   

I think no one will downplay his status as a legend just because of this one act. I guess we ll never know what drove him to behave in such a way. It's very easy to do things without thinking for a split second. Oh well, he is still very big in France, I was there when they won the semi-final, his face was beamed in colours into the Arc de Triomphe. Basically,there was Zidane and then the rest of the team. He is very loved by his country, at the end I think that's all that matters.

Originally posted by Tahliil:

I just want to know the psychology behind such act. What did he say that was so bad that he had to resort headbutt in a final game where Henri and Vieri are already benched..? Still a great player, still a magic in the pitch, still a huge fan but what on earth did that guy say to ZZ that made him go wild like that........I am curious....Did those sideline Mikes pick the exchange???what happened?

Some newspapers are saying the Italian player angered Zidane by calling him a "dirty terrorist" which is an apperent reference to his religion.

"That is abolutely not true. I am ignorant. I don't even know what the word[terrorist] means" said the Italian player today. :D

Some newspapers are saying the Italian player angered Zidane by calling him a "terrorist" which is an apperent reference to his religion.

I was curious what had been said but if he calls him that word i think his action was justified.

Those cheating italians will find a way to get under your skin and that is what happened..

me   

I was just listening to the news and they said that the Italian player said something about his mom.

Zidanes mom had fallen ill and was taken to the hospital on the games day, so she was on Zidanes mind and this Italian calling his mom a wh-ore made him flip.

Viking   

Zizou is definately up there with the likes of Maradona and Pele but I think Canavarro, Pirlo or Gatusso desreved the golden ball more than Zizou.

ScarFace   

^^^It would have been better but you cant ignore idioots making comments about your family that they dont even know...I think materazzi said something about ZZ family on the day his mother was critically ill.....Still ZZ showed you can come from a pooor,arab,muslim background and still be the greatest.....hail ZZ