Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

How can i post audio - from my PC

Paragon   

I have some audio and i need to upload them to this forum. The audios are not from a website, but they are independently stored in my PC. I have managed to convert some of them to realplayer or MP3, but i need to upload them to a site. So that the audio in my PC can have a link address...

Anyone who knows how?

Jamal,

Such files need to be stored on a machine that is connected to the Web 24/7, no way around that at least NOT that I know of.

You are a Moderator, you can load the files into the SOL servers and create links to them. (I can hear Admin saying Not a fat chance smile.gif ).

Here are some options:

If your machine is connected to the Web 24/7 via cable modem for example (like mine smile.gif ) , then you can just configure your machine to be a Web Server and create links to these files. You do not even need to create a DNS, you can use hard coded IP address in creating the links. Your ISP may not like the inbound traffic to your machine though.

OR

Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) may give you some minimal free Web disk space storage; you can load the files into their servers and creates links to them.

OR

You are maybe able to get some minimal free disk space storage from a web hosting company such as:

http://www.free-online-storage.8k.com/

Or from one of the common web portals such as

http://geocities.yahoo.com/home

http://blackplanet.com/

These are just few examples of some web hosting companies that can give you free limited Web storage. Go to www.google.com and type "Free Web Storage" and you will get tons of them.

Good luck, I would offer to store these files in my machine but I will get in trouble with my ISP :(

Originally posted by Motor Cycle Cruiser:

If your machine is connected to the Web 24/7 via cable modem for example (like mine
smile.gif
) , then you can just configure your machine to be a Web Server and create links to these files. You do not even need to create a DNS, you can use hard coded IP address in creating the links. Your ISP may not like the inbound traffic to your machine though.

An example of the above

www.12.243.xx.xxx/phonecall.mp3 (link won't work)

H   

I got a problem with sharing music on my Small Network @ home.

any one got some tips!?

thnxs

H   

my problem is i got music on on of our computers @ home which is on a small home network.

How can i be able 2 listen 2 da music on other computers in that small home network?

thnx

I think we already had this asked somewhere, but....

I am guessing your using Windows 9X or 2000.

With Windows 9x:

make sure you have BetBEUI and TCP/IP installed. Make sure the computer are on the same subnet and workgroup. make sure you have "file and print sharing" installed. make sure that the "bingings" on the NIC are correct if you have more then one NIC on the computer.

Also make sure that on the share folder you specify that you want share level access.

In a Windows 2000 environment, things get a lot easier. As long as the computer are on the same subnet and work group your set.

I don't know if this is any help because I don’t know what your level of familiarity is with computer networking. If it's not helpful, then please be specific about what it is that you are having trouble with, if there are any errors your getting, or if you just want a step by step walk through on how to do this.

We’re all here to help (because we have no lives ;) )

good luck