Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Peaceful and progressive Somaliland rightfully deserves recognition

CapeTown   

somaliland whos holding them back i wonder !!!!!

dadka somaliland are nationalist that love their country . they never stripped land naked - then fough over it for 18 years lets wish them luck .

I hope somaliland gets recognition .... dadba dall lee dying from starvation - held hostage between so called TFG and Tuug changed to shiek over night .

Ibtisam   

I arrived here last Friday and have witnessed incredible hospitality from the Somalilanders. I have been treated to free meals and endless tea by stangers, driven around by people I met only a day before

Loool the miskeen is easy to please. As somali's we do not consider food and tea as incredible hospitality! lol

Lool Maaxy kuula tayeh!

Fabregas   

I met only a day before and was even interviewed by the second largest local newspaper - my photo appeared on the next day's frontpage, albeit at the bottom

:D

The poor man has probably never received this much attention in his life!

Released by the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor ----

This is something extra I found from the Report that I didn't know before.

Criminal elements attacked and raped some IDPs fleeing from Mogadishu in March and April. In Somaliland there was an increase in gang rape in urban areas, primarily by youth gangs, members of police forces, and male students. Many of these cases occurred in poorer neighborhoods and among immigrants, refugee returnees, and rural displaced populations. Many cases were not reported.

Originally posted by Koora-Tuunshe:

Criminal elements attacked and raped some IDPs fleeing from Mogadishu in March and April.
In Somaliland there was an increase in gang rape in urban areas, primarily by youth gangs, members of police forces, and male students.

sounds like sensationalists tabloid BS ..... 'increase in gang rape' WTF ? as if gang rape is the norm and they just decided to increase it a little bit.

The SL-Shilling is getting stronger. I remember back in 2007 it was hovering around 6500 to the dollar but now it is 5700 to the dollar. This is a time when the Somalia Shillings is ever going down to new lows. In Bosaso it has reached 29,000 to the dollar.

In the old days, if the Somalia Shillings increased or decreased in value, the Somaliland shillings would also do the same. But now, it looks like that the Somaliland currency has finally broken any links with the inflation ridden Somalia Shillings.

Thankful   

Well any economist would tell you when a State is at war inflation is bound to take place. Things have changed since the fighting broke out in 2006. Puntland is assisting the TFG in establishing a government, a REAL leader who will be addressing in the UN shortly and is establishing embassies around the world.

On another note, the article is interesting, did you see how much land they gave your area? So what now bosasoo and garowe belong to you to?

a REAL leader who will be addressing in the UN shortly and is establishing embassies around the world.

If dracular, not that Col. Yey is any less, put on a suit and presented himself as Somalia's President, they would welcomed him to the podium. That is as much the world is really tired and wants something going in Mogadishu. But I don't think that is going to work at all. They are prelonging the civilwar if they continue that policy.