Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Puntland hands over ONLF members to Ethiopia

Thankful   

I'm talking about this nonesense!!!

shameful walaahi.

this has been done before by SL and now the torch is being passed to PL ..... what can they possibly achieve by this despicable act ?

and

refuse to let desperation creep into my soul, and I refuse to look at the bad guys in Somaliland and puntland. I know out there millions of Somalilanders and Puntlanders are mouring with me.

finally

you are right it is not the people of PL that committed this crime just a select few of their leaders and for that ilaahay ha uga abaal marayo.

Always claiming we are betraying our nation all over, against the ONLF or the resistance....please!!!

Xoogsade   

^ LOL Abtigiis, Somalipride muusan oggolaadeen in la dhiibo nimanka considering how he denies the men were handed over.

Somalipride, verify the news saxib, then come back with what you think.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by somalipride:

I'm talking about this nonesense!!!

quote:

shameful walaahi.

this has been done before by SL and now the torch is being passed to PL ..... what can they possibly achieve by this despicable act ?

and

refuse to let desperation creep into my soul, and I refuse to look at the bad guys in Somaliland and puntland. I know out there millions of Somalilanders and Puntlanders are mouring with me.

finally

you are right it is not the people of PL that committed this crime just a select few of their leaders and for that ilaahay ha uga abaal marayo.

Always claiming we are betraying our nation all over, against the ONLF or the resistance....please!!!
Those posts blame it on a "select"we( read my clan) few and their leaders". Again, I don't see how it warranted your defense of Puntland People and going into a rant about people of the SOuth being war prone and anti government.

Unless you are saying that any criticism( even though Xoogsade does it an odd manner)of the Puntland and Somaliland adminstrations is akin to attacking all of the people! I don't particularly believe the majority of Somaliland Residents and Puntland residents actually support handing over ONLF suspects to the Ethiopian adminstration. Nor do I believe the majority of PL and evem moreso SOmaliland residents support having Ethiopian troops inside Somalia. So, adeer no need to defend the toolka as nobody is attacking them on this thread............if you have a take on this particular story about PL handing over ONLF members.......ku soo tuur.......forget defending " we" on a cyber forum, I'm sure they have enough clan elders and spokeman to speak out for themselves!

Thankful   

Abu Geeljire

What gets me is this, first the title "Puntland hands over ONLF members to Ethiopia" which is attacking a whole state, then it's everyones pity for who they see as traitors in the leadership. It's quite amusing to be honest. You speak about how I say the south might be war prone, what about how some continually call all our leaders stooges?! I'm not trying to defend a thing believe me, I know everyone is set in their ways and no one will ever change. I'm just saying this and which might be where my frustration comes from, we all know those in the South have a huge influence on the media coming out of Somalia and they are definitely making believers out of people on this cyber forum with the nonesense and propoganda they spew. I hope the TFG and Puntland work hard on taking a hold of the media and countering these claims.

Finally, this is a forum, I'll speak the way I choose to speak you can do it the way you want to. Thanks for the advice though, but i'll do it my way!

Abtigiis   

Puntland maamulkeeda ayaa loo jeedaa. Puntland attacked pirates sida loo yidhaa oo kale. Why split hair waad fahansan tahaye.

Abtigiis   

Puntland maamulkeeda ayaa loo jeedaa. Puntland attacked pirates sida loo yidhaa oo kale. Why split hair waad fahansan tahaye.

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tolka:

Xoogsade;

arintii ma been bay noqotay. Ilaahayoow ka dhig.

Maya Abtigiis, to my knowledge. I was pointing out to somalipride that if the news turns out to be false(a propaganda effort as he put it), all the better, cause we all want this news to be false and unsubstantiated.

somalipride

If you were rationaly thinking, you would realize media scrutiny and its independence from government influence serves a good purpose, alas, you are emotional and can't deal with the glaring failures of the TFG and by some measure Cade Muse's ailing government flops. These two provide the ammunition others need to condemn them. In addition to that, if the TFG and Puntland admin have nothing to hide, they wouldn't worry about media scrutiny. I don't know how free Puntland media is but assume they have better opportunities to report than Muqdisho media outlets. Pressure on these two must be relentless on all fronts, more so on the TFG than on Puntland. There is a war going on and we need to know what happens from reliable somali sources not from a piecemouth of mele denying everything to avoid condemnation.

will in the interview, the minister who supposedly arrested the two guys with his own guards said that not only was this not true because he wasn't even in garowe and was in bosaso, that these is the same tactics by some people to try to smear puntland.

Abtigiis   

The Minister is lying. Old tactics of Allahay ka Allah. Now that he has baked his bread, he is trying to avoid the poison that will follow. Sidaa ma in lagu dayn bay la tahay. Reer baadiye Indha-adag dheh!

Fabregas   

Somali Pride, I do accept that some ppl attack the PL people as a whole out of sheer clanism. Nevertheless, I fail to see how this particular thread can be considered as a clanish attack on Puntland people. " Ethiopians slaughtered clerics", doesn't imply an attack on Ethiopian people! " Somaliland arrested Abdi farax, etc", doesn't mean an attack on SL people. It's simply a way of saying that a particular adminstration did something, because the state has a monopoly on violence and obviosly Puntland Citizens wouldn't arrest the ONLF members themselves( if this story is true).

It's like saying " Americans bombed Dhoobley", clearly that means the American military and intelligence carried out an attack, not the American people, and so on and so forth.

Also, how is calling Puntland Leaders stooges similar to implying the "South people" are war prone. The former attacks specific leaders( and not the people) and the latter indirectally demonizes a whole group of people. Imagine if one claimed that " Puntlander's are piracy prone"?

Puntland is not the promised land as some here would pretend and yes it's leader are not immune from critique. Indeed, this is an open forum, but if one were to read the threads on this forum, you would think that the majority of Puntlanders support the Ethiopian "liberation" and the conduct of the TFG gang in Muqdisho.

I say this because of the posts of a handful of people on this forum, who seem to have believed that they have a right to speak for the entire people of that particular region. More absurd is the other widely held believe( by this small number of posters) that being against the policies of leader of the T.F.G is akin to hating his clan and simply being against Ethiopians in Muqdisho out of some sick conspiracy theory to hold on to some looted properties! This would mean the majority of puntlanders are sheep-like robots who blindly follow the Old man and support anythting that the Ethiopian regime does in Southern Regime. This conspiracy would have some weight were it not for the people from that region, who in this forum and in the real world distance themselves from any blind support of the Ethiopians or their appointed leader of a warlord!

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tolka:

The Minister is lying. Old tactics of Allahay ka Allah. Now that he has baked his bread, he is trying to avoid the poison that will follow. Sidaa ma in lagu dayn bay la tahay. Reer baadiye Indha-adag dheh!

How do you know? your all the way in kenya or you in Garowe?

Abtigiis   

I know. But I don't presume you should believe me. And infact, magaalada waan ka maqnaa is what they call 'Kaarta Qodaal' In Hargeisa. Nimankaas qabta , waan sii bixi aniguye type. Why should I tell you I am talking to people in Puntland? Mise Somali warbaa isku seegan baad aaminsantahay?

Abtigiis   

The Counter-argument is does his absence rule out his involvemnet at this age of technology? Telephones etc.

That aside, we have credible information and we don't intend inaan xagxagano qof aan danbi laheyn. People are already looking out for his relatives in Somaligalbeed to avenge, but that is the bad side of us. Qof aan waxba galabsan oo miskiin ah ayaa u dhiman danbi nin tuug ahi galay. Intii meeshan joogtaa should remind people that primitive way of settling vendatta must stop. The ONLF is a political gropu and should respond to this through its structures in a just manner. And it will only be justice when the man responsible is punished (after verifying his guilt beyond reseonable doubt).