Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Puntland hands over ONLF members to Ethiopia

source,

Statement On Puntland's Abduction & Extraordinary Rendition of ONLF Officials

24 April 2008

The ****** National Liberation Front (ONLF) strongly condemns the forced abduction,detention and extraordinary rendition of two ONLF Central Committee members by the Puntland regional administration in Somalia on 22nd of April 2008. This act constitutes a clear violation of the United Nations Convention Against Torture and other Forms of Cruel, Inhumane, or Degrading Treatment as the two officials have a clear and well founded fear of persecution including torture in Ethiopia.

The two ONLF political prisoners were removed by force from their hotel in Garowe in central Somalia by security forces of the Puntland administration. After intense interrogation, they were then driven in the personal vehicle of the Puntland Minister of Finance Mohamed Ali Yusuf "Ga Gaab" to Ethiopian security forces waiting for them on the ****** side of the border with Somalia.

One of the ONLF officials was in Puntland to protest the deliberate killing of a citizen of ****** by Puntland security forces in a jail in the northern city of Bosaaso and to assist his family members. He was in regular contact with Puntland officials who never objected to his presence. The other ONLF official was in Puntland visiting his spouse and children. Both were unarmed political figures and posed no threat to the security of Puntland.

The ONLF considers this act to constitute a clear hostile intent on the part of the Puntland regional administration toward the people of ******.

The consequences of this action shall be the sole responsibility of the Puntland regional administration.

****** National Liberation Front (ONLF)

If this is true it is tragic and foolish. There were propoganda from Sland that ONLF has bases in Puntland. I wonder, Suldaanka, since Somaliland has handed over hundred's of "ONLF" as they claim to Ethiopia, what is your objection here? Feeling a little bit of relief for continuing to handover Somalis to Ethiopia.

I am sure all Putlanders must and should oppose this despicable act.

shameful walaahi.

this has been done before by SL and now the torch is being passed to PL ..... what can they possibly achieve by this despicable act ?

I'm at loss for words walaahi .. even the westerners who we don't share blood,culture or religion have sympathy for the cause of ONLF ....

One of the ONLF officials was in Puntland to protest the deliberate killing of a citizen of ****** by Puntland security forces in a jail in the northern city of Bosaaso and to assist his family members. He was in regular contact with Puntland officials who never objected to his presence. The other ONLF official was in Puntland visiting his spouse and children.
Both were unarmed political figures and posed no threat to the security of Puntland.

These men are not even fighters .... is nothing sacred anymore ? They should have been supporting them by funding and arming the ONLF so they can liberate their land ... instead this vulgar act of betrayal and deceit for what ??? what is worth prostituting your soul ? ... what can the F*ng tigre give you that can justify doing this !

Gees ka gees ayee Soomaali ka heysataa Xabashi. Kuwii ugu liitay, ugu damiirlaaweysanaa, ugu maangaabnaa, ugu dareenyaraa ayaa madax isku sheegaayo. Kaaga sii daranee iyaga lee iska adag, oo hardamaayo, Xabash haddee soo gisho meeshana juuq iyo jaaq ma dhihi karaan, oo xaniinyaha waxee ka siibteen camal u aamusayaan, wixii la dhahana u faraan.

Faarabuutiyaal, ciil badanaa. mad0039.gifmad0090.gif

Abtigiis   

Bal waxa nahaysata eega. And we still cry for Somalinimo. Talk of Magnanimity.I am killed at home, I am handed over by my brothers, but that will never force me to abondon my struggle and my belief in Somaliweyn.I refuse to let desperation creep into my soul, and I refuse to look at the bad guys in Somaliland and puntland. I know out there millions of Somalilanders and Puntlanders are mouring with me. For those from my region, please make sure you don't make the mistake the enemey wants us to do. Inaan is nacno oon walaalaheen kala dhimano ayuu rabaa guumaystuhu. The captured (and killed-now or soon) brothers way shahiideen; and you know what is happening in our land. Only two days ago 3 youngesters were strangled to death in Degahbur. Markaa waa dhib ina haysata. laakiin dadka kolka magac la sheegto yidhaa maynu somali eada sheegano way quman yihiin. But is it not at this times, that they should show solidarity? It is not a precondition, but a gentle reminder.

^ Allah yarxam ilaahay ha u naxariisto raga shahiday .. you are right it is not the people of PL that committed this crime just a select few of their leaders and for that ilaahay ha uga abaal marayo.

as for the wasir that had these brothers driven to their execution in his personal car nacla tulaa calayk ! nolosha in lagu gubo .. ayaa ficnaan lahayd walee

me   

It's not a pleasent sight to see grown men wail.

This is some disturbing ritual wouldn't you say?

ONLF ha guuleysato, Somalia ha noolaato!

Abtigiis   

kaas isaga haka walbahaarin, ragba manihin hadaadn talaabo laga qaadin. It is time to hunt down the dogs. The ONLF should not always leave things at press Release level. In reekooda lalaayana ma aha; oo sidii somalidu taqaanay Dakane loo raaco. I know some will be doing that. But me, I would have liked that man (jaahilkaa wasiir isku sheegaya) in la dilo weeye. Special Operation, if you mean what i mean.

Dadka rer-Puntlnad inay ka xun yihiin arinta dhacdayna aqligaygaan ku garan. I don't have to be there.

Laakiin General Duke oo kaliyo ma aha kuwaan ka hadlayaa. Daydayga qabyaaladu gogoysay oo miidhani wuxuu u arkaa in reerahoodu guulaysteen iyagoo Axmaaro u adeegaya. Koora-Tuunshe ka la yidha is more sophesticated wuuna ka aqli roon yahay oo ilama aha inuu odhan waa terrorist ee ha la laayo!

Xoogsade   

^ Me, Dadka xanunaa ka keenaayo warka saxib, venting frustrations seems to be one of the options. It is natural and not disturbing. There is no escape from painful realities that will touch you behind a wall even if you took refuge in isolation. Ilaahay ha u gargaaro dadkeena saxib.

me   

Xoogsade, Ilaahay ha u gargaaro Somali. But it is disturbing that grown Somali men are crying behind internet screens.

If they were serious they would do more then just express their outrage on SOL. They would fulfil their duties towards their nation. Those that want to debate with the supporters of the xabash or that hope that they will one day see the truth, ha iska ilaawaan taas.

Marka this preaching on SOL or any other forum is futile. Your either preaching against a wall or preaching to the choir.

Thankful   

Keep flooding us with this crap. Like you have pity for us, you act as if you are the only patriotic Somalis out there and that the rest of our leadership are traitors. PLEASE, spare us that garbage. The south has by far been the most violent part of Somalia since day one. First it was against Siad, then it was anyone they saw different after that it was themselves, the UN coalition, themselves, themsleves and so on. While the rest of Somalia was busy trying to find peaceful solutions to their problems and forming an administration the south was busy giving all of Somalia a bad name in the media with their obsession with violence against their own people. They've constantly went against any government that has formed that included Somalis from other regions, even if it was lead by them. The only time they accepted leadership is when the Islamic Courts Union took over, who's leadership was entirely made up of people from their region and what was the first thing they do? Move troops to the outskirts of Gaalkayo and surrounding Baidoa (instead of building a state or allowing othe Somalis to join their leadership). Why'd they do this? Im certain it's because they are against any admin that has certain Somalis in it. I'm still shocked that when everyone was saying they were a tribe, when Amir Adan made the cartoon and they cursed him, when Puntland leadership said on radio they were a tribe, they didn't counter the accusation by appointing people from all over. They refused to even after all the accusations. Launching wars against peaceful region does not make you a patriot. You should be concentrate on getting those leaders hiding in Asmara to shut their mouths and stop instigating stuff from the safety of their hotels, while their young men fight. They are fighting for their on self interests and it has nothing to do with somaliweyn(they've given up on that a long time ago. People in Puntland are fully aware of this.

It's funny a secessionists would post this, considering they are the ones that hand over people all the time. Why dont you post when you are doing it? Considering this info is true.

Fabregas   

^^this thread is about ONLF........not the people of the South being more violent and whanot...........sheekada ha badalin bro

Xoogsade   

Somalipride, BBC had interviewed earlier today one of the relatives of the said victims. We would all be glad if the news turns out to be false, after all, that is what you and the rest of us want to be the truth. Listen to it and judge it for yourself.

Me

Gartay bro. Some of us may be doing more than writing posts but don't want to share. Who is to know saxib?

Abtigiis   

Somalipride;

Sececcionstska aad sheegatay way isqabtaan ooy is maqlaane, bal is layaaba horta intaadan cid kale isugu kaaya dhiibiin.

Af aad ku hadashid kugu ma yaale, maad ana alle dhowr cisho iska yar dhuumatid! Siday ciyaalkiibaad xagaa eeg na leedahay. MA eegayo ee maxaad ragaygii u dhiibtay?????????????/