Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Now what ?

N.O.R.F   

now that we know the results, lets change the topic to what can be done to improve the lives of those living in s/land ie health system changes, economic issues, development issues, education system etc

mashallah we have alot ppl on here who have an abundance of knowledge so plz share it with us!

i will start off on development issues ie re-constructing the country and a better infrastructure!

The roads between the main cities Burco, Hargaisa Erigavo and Barbara need to be re-surfaced with money available now after the roads were pretty much neglected by the UDUB party, this will lead to better communication between all ppl and an upsurge in the economy. But who will carry this out u all ask, to yr surprise there are many well skilled workers back home who will be available for work so that is not reallly an issue. Concrete is made in the country and can easily be layed and will settle quickly so saving in time and money.

whos next?

shyhem   

Some pple are not using their minds here.A nation cannot develope unless its has sufficient land and enough population to support her economy.Tell me how Somalia divided into millions of tiny states will make any difference in the lifestyle of somalis or how they develope with a tiny base of economy like that.Some of you are counting afew hundred dollars sent by factory workers to the motherlands as part a tiny state's budget.If thats how u think a government budget is balanced then somalis need to be checked for a functioning brain.

Talking about Djibouti what's so good about been independent if you're economy is based on USAID and afew francs from the french soldiers having good times with locals most beautiful.

N.O.R.F   

there is always a negative person or two who would rather dream and complain all their lives!

Tell me how Somalia divided into millions of tiny states comon man be serious, maybe 3 states!

do u have any form of substance for yr argument? if not stay in yr little shell of a brain box!

SamiGyrl   

I would like to talk to the administrators.

Show me my last posts and see if I realy posted any cuss words.

I simply stated what I stated in the last posts with the same language, if you dont like my stance just say so, but dont just edit my stuff when I was using plain language just like everyone else.

Bring my posts I have a copy of them too, so please post them, and lets see exactly what you are editing.

Ruda:

In the past 12 years and before what has a united somalia done on the world stage?

What have we done other than kill each other?

All am saying is that finally we have elections in Somaliland and instead of just being silent in Somalia you have to keep running your mouths about a greater Somalia.

give me a break.

97% of our population doesnt want anything to do with, the World monitors were there and testified on our behalf, are you going to tell me that Siad has world monitors there when he was rigging votes?

Somaliland did its voting peaceful and correctly everytime, so now what?

Now we have a president who isnt ***** again, so now what? What are you going to cry about now?

People voted in Sanaag and Sool so now what?

You still chittering?

-GUUL, GUUL, GUUL, not get over it.

-Citizen Sami

SamiGyrl   

to Mosses I did my SATS and i got a 1200 so I have to talk buddy.

Everyone can see the truth, the only place screaming for a greater Somalia is the only place on fire.

They see something good in Somaliland and Djabouti and they want a little, so they keep talking chittering away about a greater somalia, just so they can disturb your peace, and bring their problems into our homes.

Everyone else is happy, leaev us alone, LIVE AND LET LIVE!!!

Somalia propers problem isnt Somaliland its their the fact that they cant see their own problems, and look to other nations to start fights.

a greater somalia was attempted and SOmaliland gave up everything to be apart of that and got slapped for it, the people learned their lesson and Djabouti seeing what happened to Somaliland kept its peace.

The smart somalis know that a greater somalia isnt something that is going to happen, because for a simple fact trust and brotherhood were destroyed long ago.

The only wons screaming for a greater somalia is somalia proper, the rest of the somalis dont want misery for company.

Djabouti hold your peace, Somaliland hold your peace, and for those in the Ogaden and Kenya keep your peace, a greater somalia was tested, and all you have to do is look at somalia proper to see the final out come.

-Citizen Sami

shyhem   

Do u guys actually now the difference btw a state and a nation.Must u support an idea just because u think u'r folks support it.

I hate politics and more than anything else i hate somali politics, and with that i guess i won't do any harm if i just avoid the poltics thread.

SamiGyrl   

Libax when have advocated one tribe over the other, if you can bring the post and quote it them bring it, but dont sit there and comment on something i didnt post.

I dont talk about tribes I talk about a nation maybe its you that is seeing somaliland as a tribal based nation but nothing could be father from the truth and all you have to do is look at the elections of 2003, so what now?

I have never favoured one tribe over the other if you cant bring proof of your lies then maybe am not the one most feeble minded, illiterate, and dissolute among people, I have never stated one clan over ther other my posts stand as a witness and so does Allah.

I argue my case clearly I dont hide behind sweet words I am telling you exactly what Somalilanders would tell you if you started talking Unification, if you cant handle me on the internet forget trying to handle those back home, on their home turf.

I am a proud Somaliland who has many tribal blood flowing through my vains, and I love Somaliland so tell me does that make me a tribalist when i am a mish mash of all the clans in Somaliland?

Perhands am not the one you should be looking at perhaps your the one that needs an inner look.

a mirage is what people in Somalia proper are in, they cant seem to see Somaliland waving away, or perhaps they dont want to.

-Citizen Sami

Paragon   

This whole business of compartmentalizing Somalia is the second step of a grand scheme pioneered to desicrate the cornerstones of Somali existence. It is a dirty Christian backed Ethiopia plan. The first step was to create a civil war, and they did it. The second is to divide Somalia and Somalis, they are winning. And the third is the assimulation of Somalis into foreign cultures, and they have the right ingredients to do so.

The whole story of division is a shamble and utter disgust.

SamiGyrl   

It wasnt ethiopia that killed thousands of Somalis and turned them against each other it was somalis themselves.

Have you learned nothing for my above posts its not Ethiopia and the West you need to fear but those that call themselves your brothers and conspire to kill you off.

THose killing somalis now arnt ethiopian or western they are somalis you know this and the rest of hte world knows this stop blaming people for what you are inflicting on ourselves.

BN   

SamiGirl,

The sadest part is that you actually believe all the nonsense your saying....

Macalin   

Samigal...PPL HAVE SPOKEN..and if u beleive in democracy I THINK U SHOULD JUST SHUT THE %^$#@ UP!like everyone is begging YOU to do!

Well and if You dont want To...well...............

Miriam1   

We gained independance in 1960..in 1969 the coup occured..what did we have 9 years of democracy..wow what do u think could have been achieved in those fleeting years.

As they say Rome wasn't built in a day.

We were robbed of the chance to acheive anything.

-The dictatorship,exploited the idea of tribalism

-The Cold war between the Russians and Americans firged( use ur imagination :D ) us up.

We as a people did not have a voice or a chance..

There are generations of Somali childern growing up in foreign lands..never to know how it feels for one to stand on his/her own land..their ancestral lands..dont u understand how sad of a fact that is.

Why do i have this eerie feeling that u do not read anyone's replies before u post...I am a Somalilander, my family is from Burco, spread over in Berbera and Hargeysa..so i doubt u can be more somalilandised than that redface.gif .

Inshallah Somaliland will gain accpetance from the International community.

Hopefully unity shall follow.

Peace

Oblivion   

I enjoyed reading your posts...some of you are more rational than the so-called somali leaders- aka-warlords. Personally I think the Crown Protectorate of Somaliland SLN is kinda outdated, somali people from that region better come up with new ideas if they wanna get intl. credibility.Dissing the Somali flag is not a solution, instead facilitating the Somali Peace Talks was a good opportunity for the northerners to show good-will.So far the SLN argument for recognition is a farce and a "non-starter" in the eyez of the world community and to Somalis at large.Thats a fact, as it has been for the last 12 years.

Now what? A: flexibilty is needed when dealing with these issues..you are, after all is said and done, a somali and that means a lot, tho you may not realize..and thats a fact.