Sign in to follow this  
Hales

Militants Ban School Bells in a Town in Somalia

NGONGE   

This week, more than a dozen radio stations in Mogadishu stopped playing any form of music — even to introduce daily programs like news broadcasts — after another Islamist insurgent group, Hizbul Islam, warned radio stations to cease playing songs or face “serious consequences.”

The ultimatum left broadcasters scrambling to find creative ways around the ban, leading them to play recordings of horses galloping, roosters crowing, engines roaring or guns being fired — a common sound in the capital — to signal the start of various broadcasts.

Brilliant! I can just imagine Nadaara reading the news after the sound of a rooster crowing. :D

Stuff and nonsense.

Raamsade   

Originally posted by Jacphar:

Gambaleel? Sabuurad iyo jeeso maxaa looga reebay.

Probably because Mohammed (pbuh) said "Bells are the musical instruments of the Shaytaan." He didn't say anything about blackboards. Don't know about Chess. Thus, the whole prohibition on bells is Islamically sound. There are no religious arguments against this ban. Al-Shabaab are merely obeying the commands and examples of the prophet of Islam.

Kool_Kat   

Cawaale, the T-Pain part went right over my head, but markaan gadaal ka fahmay, I nearly died! :D:D

Originally posted by Maaddeey:

^ayaga dhan ineysan hadlin, gurigana ka soo bixina illaa lildaruura ma ka fiicnoo?
:D

Nacam!!! Ani mugoo weeso qandac ah iyo hosgunti feereysana diyaar aan la'ahaan lahaa...Xashac!

Cawaale   

I was thinking to contribute something myself to help getting around the ban and so far, this all i could think of .

raven sounds for the unpleasant news(In Somali mythologies raven represents darkness or death )

Donkeys bray to be played for the Shabaab and Hizbul Islam press conferences (need i say more)

Aircraft sounds for the TFG.(Amin Amir will tell you more about this)

Give your 2 cents..

Maaddeey   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

Nacam!!! Ani mugoo weeso qandac ah iyo
hosgunti
feereysana diyaar aan la'ahaan lahaa...Xashac!

:cool:

Hales   

Originally posted by Cawaale:

yaa is gaaray iyadoon warireyaasha dumarka ah codkooda T-pain effect lagu darin si loo asturo
:D

I cant get my head around the way you worded this,

Translate??