Sign in to follow this  
ole farah

Hussein Aideed to replace Prof. Ali Ghedi as Prime Minister

Hussein Aideed is among the most brilliant politicians in the new somali government. Despite accusations by some, i have known and interacted with him for a long time. With political will and support he can deliver the unfulfilled dream of a new somalia. He is young, energetic, intelligent, and a consensus-builder.

What is your view?

Haddad   

Originally posted by ole farah:

What is your view?

Well, he strikes me as a diehard secularist. There's a problem with being a secularist, let alone a diehard secularist. What I am trying to say is, he's indifferent to the interests of Islam and Muslims. He even accused his fellow Muslims as terrorists. This whole debacle cannot even remotely be described as having anything to do with Islam or Islamic system. In that, Hussein Aideed isn't destined to be unique, but mere statistics.

^^

Waligaaba ilmo abti iyo ilmo adeer, qaraabo hoose iyo qaraabo kore lee wad. How could you be even more irrelevant than you've shown to be? I doubt that's even possible. It's 2005 - people actually make decisions and choices based on merits, not some socially-established notion with too much emphasis on bloodlines and bloodties. I pray that you'll someday accompany the rest of progressive folks and join the train to mental emancipation.

Hussein Aideed is among
the most brilliant politicians
in the new somali government...i have known and interacted with him...He is...
a consensus-builder

I will not question his intelligence - but I must ask about his decisions. It seems as if he hasn't gone to Mogadishu in quite a while. Is that because he lacks the effective support a warlord-turned-minister needs to survive there? Or is there a more enchanting excuse?

Whatever the reason, I can say with a certain degree of truth that Hussein Aideed - in the realm of Somalia's opportunistic politics - is an efficient floater who swims with both sharks and seashells with the same relative ease.

Rahima   

^I think Juma was just playing with HA ;) .

Hussein Caydiid is an imbecil!

Well, he strikes me as a diehard secularist. There's a problem with being a secularist, let alone a diehard secularist. What I am trying to say is, he's indifferent to the interests of Islam and Muslims. He even accused his fellow Muslims as terrorists. This whole debacle cannot even remotely be described as having anything to do with Islam or Islamic system. In that, Hussein Aideed isn't destined to be unique, but mere statistics.

My sentiments exactly!

I watched him on a documentary once and walaahi I was so embarrassed to be Somali. All I remember was a man talking about the "chicks" in California and calling his brothers terrorists.

He has no backbone and does not stand for much.

Gabbal   

I watched him on a documentary once and walaahi I was so embarrassed to be Somali. All I remember was a man talking about the "chicks" in California and calling his brothers terrorists.

Ever since I watched him years ago speaking in a documentary about Black Hawk Down on the History Channel, I haven't liked him! Seriously whenever I hear of Hussein Caydiid, I think of a lax.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by wind.talker:

I pray that you'll someday accompany the rest of progressive folks and join the train to mental emancipation.

For a second there I thought I was lagging and a mentally retard..but when I noticed it was coming from WT I realised I was wrong...phew..! :D:D

Thierry.   

This must be a Joke Ina Aideed as a candidate for the prime ministerial position. If you are going to elect somebody to govern the day to day running of a country then surely this person needs to be more than an “intellectual politicianâ€. This is because so called intellectual politics is why an inch progress has not been made since the establishment of this new government.

I would urge Hussein to learn how to govern his younger siblings and family before he embarks on running a country. This is the brother who lived in a hotel in Uganda when his family lived across the street, never greeting them.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Thierry:

This is the brother who lived in a hotel in Uganda when his family lived across the street, never greeting them.

Looooool....! Sxb ma bah-Khadijo ayaad la carootey..? :D:D

^^LooL ma islaamihii ina ceydiidna magacyadoodiina maataa xafiday. :D;) kix kix

hussien caydiid waa nin boqor ah oo wanaagsan laakiin yaa loo dhiiban xilka Crime Ministerka :D:D

asxantu